2018 Princess Half Marathon

The price I have through runDisney is actually several hundred dollars cheaper than what I've been getting through the site since Tuesday, but I'm definitely hoping for a discount so fully intend to rebook directly and watch for the AP discount. Worse case scenario, I switch to a cheaper resort closer to the 30-day mark if discounts are available and we rent a car. Husband is more than willing to pick me up at the finish line so I don't have to bus back to the resort if we're not in an EPCOT resort. Definitely not a "need" to stay there, but it's just me and the hubs this trip so I reeeeeeeeally want to! :)

I find the pricing a bit of a mystery. I guess runDisney just gave me a poor rate? I explicitly stated I wanted room only as I do not need tickets, it is $30/night cheaper to do it myself. And I wouldn't have had to be on hold waiting for them for 24 minutes. There wasn't even fun music!

Funny side note: I called runDisney yesterday and spoke with an agent but didn't make any changes, though decided I would by the time I hung up. When I asked about applying any potential future discounts if/when they become available, she told me "Oh, all discounts for February came out on the 20th." I know this isn't usually true, but she sounded so sure, I prodded for more even clarifying she meant promotions and not packages. I asked about any potential AP discounts and told her I knew that Disney has historically announced promos in the fall for Jan-Mar based on the need to fill rooms. She reiterated that "all February discounts are already out" and asked if I had "checked the site yet?" Finally, I asked about Play, Stay & Dine since I know for a fact we modified reservations for our Mardi Gras trip this year when they released it on 9/30...surely Disney is likely to release some promo closer to our travel date??? Finally, she says "oh, yeah, well other promos will likely become available....". :rotfl2:

Well, why would we know these things when one's job is to sell a room today?! Really, though, if you get my $200 deposit now, can't I have real information for the price of my interest being earned?

I booked my flights today! Southwest does not fly to my airport, so I'm flying Delta.

I *want* to book my flight, but the day I want to fly they don't have their overnight flight! And that would be OK (they have it the next day) except that my cousin and I were talking about volunteering for the 5K, so we actually need to be there ahead of time. Augh. And the daytime flight the day before the 5K gets in too late for comfort.

I *want* to book my flight, but the day I want to fly they don't have their overnight flight! And that would be OK (they have it the next day) except that my cousin and I were talking about volunteering for the 5K, so we actually need to be there ahead of time. Augh. And the daytime flight the day before the 5K gets in too late for comfort.

Southwest has an overnight flight? Have you looked at Alaska? They have a red eye out of Seattle also. It is probably more expensive, but you might be able to take Alaska down and Southwest back.

I'm taking the Alaska red eye from Seattle to MCO for the Wine & Dine. It was the only option to get down in time for the weekend because that particular Friday is a day I shouldn't take off.

That's what I'm doing, too - for the W&D we're flying Delta to MCO and then taking Southwest back. I've found that booking two one-way tickets is sometimes less costly and more flexible, so I've been doing that more lately.

Southwest has an overnight flight? Have you looked at Alaska? They have a red eye out of Seattle also. It is probably more expensive, but you might be able to take Alaska down and Southwest back.

I'm taking the Alaska red eye from Seattle to MCO for the Wine & Dine. It was the only option to get down in time for the weekend because that particular Friday is a day I shouldn't take off.

I'm not talking about SW. Just about wanting to book flights.

Neither Delta nor Alaska is showing the overnight, nonstop, flights I've taken. I want to leave late night the 21st and get in on the 22nd, and both airlines have what I want leaving late night on the 22nd and getting in on the 23rd. But not the day before.

I'm not talking about SW. Just about wanting to book flights.

Neither Delta nor Alaska is showing the overnight, nonstop, flights I've taken. I want to leave late night the 21st and get in on the 22nd, and both airlines have what I want leaving late night on the 22nd and getting in on the 23rd. But not the day before.

That's weird. I wonder if they only do that flight certain nights of the week.

That's weird. I wonder if they only do that flight certain nights of the week.

Thr Alaska one seems to fly all days (at least that week) but the Tuesday and Wednesday. Didn't look that deeply into the Delta flight yet.

It's a miserable flight for me, but it means minimal days off or working from home for hubby (they stay home and kidlet has his dance schedule to keep), and I can hit the ground running.

Sadly, I haven't even taken in out of the package yet. My plan is to get my first use in this weekend if it doesn't rain. Good luck and stay safe down there!

So I've used it for 3 runs now, all 2.5-3 milers. And I really like it!! The rain is really killing any kind of training schedule for me. I wake up, look for clouds, and head out if possible.

Booked my flight yesterday! Hooray!

Checked our pricing and it's $60 more expensive to book online right now. I guess when we called to book, it was a good thing?
Pricing has me like :confused3

Booked our Southwest flights there but not back yet. Maybe I'll just stay.... :rotfl:. In all seriousness, I tend to book our flights one way at a time these days. And there are so many return flights on the day we're headed back that I'm not as set on one particular one.

Hi everyone, Hope you guys don't mind a few questions. I am looking ahead to 2019 and hoping to do the half or 10k. I did the half in 2013 but haven't been down since 2013. (was signed up for W & D 2016 but found I was pregnant 2 months before the run)

1. What is the typical course for the 10k? Run through EPCOT and pass the EPCOT resorts? If we were to stay at the Boardwalk or Yacht Club the family could most likely see me along the boardwalk somewhere (we have 3 kids and I know DH won't want to lug them to EPCOT on his own)

2. How was registration this year? Are the races still filling up super quick? I remember signing up for the W & D a few years ago and it was supposed to be sold out almost immediately and super important to be logged on opening day.

3. Does the Princess Marathon always fall the weekend after President's Day? Has it every been on President's Weekend?

4. Due to DD school schedule it might be best to just do the 10k and fly back the Sunday of the half. How hard is it to get out of WDW to get to MCO? I'm assuming as long as I don't schedule an early flight it should be ok? I think we usually fly out around 12.

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get back into running after being pretty lazy this pregnancy. And I can't wait to bring the two little ones on there first Disney trip!

10k is a popular distance and you can expect it to sell out fast.

How hard is it to get out of WDW to get to MCO? I'm assuming as long as I don't schedule an early flight it should be ok? I think we usually fly out around 12.

After 12...even a 1pm flight means being at the airport at 11, and being on magical express by/before 10. Unless there's another adult to take bags over or you are very fast and don't dawdle after you finish you won't be able to use RAC so you might have bags to check.

Even a 1pm flight sounds hard to me. :) I would go for even later than that personally.

Hi everyone, Hope you guys don't mind a few questions. I am looking ahead to 2019 and hoping to do the half or 10k. I did the half in 2013 but haven't been down since 2013. (was signed up for W & D 2016 but found I was pregnant 2 months before the run)

1. What is the typical course for the 10k? Run through EPCOT and pass the EPCOT resorts? If we were to stay at the Boardwalk or Yacht Club the family could most likely see me along the boardwalk somewhere (we have 3 kids and I know DH won't want to lug them to EPCOT on his own)

2. How was registration this year? Are the races still filling up super quick? I remember signing up for the W & D a few years ago and it was supposed to be sold out almost immediately and super important to be logged on opening day.

3. Does the Princess Marathon always fall the weekend after President's Day? Has it every been on President's Weekend?

4. Due to DD school schedule it might be best to just do the 10k and fly back the Sunday of the half. How hard is it to get out of WDW to get to MCO? I'm assuming as long as I don't schedule an early flight it should be ok? I think we usually fly out around 12.

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get back into running after being pretty lazy this pregnancy. And I can't wait to bring the two little ones on there first Disney trip!

1. Yes, that is how it typically is. I wouldn't ever bet on anything staying the same though. It probably will, but "probably" is the best we can ever do with runDisney.

2. It filled up pretty quickly, but not as quickly as in the past. The 10K is typically the first to sell out though.

3. It's usually somewhere around that weekend, but again "usually" is the best we can do. See #1. lol Also, the only weekend with a marathon is in January. This is a half.

4. I usually take the latest flight, but I'm coming back to the west coast, so time is on my side. Noon would be cutting it WAY too close.

1) yes, that has been the course for the past 4 years. Yes, your family can see you from BW, BC, YC, S&D.

3) for the past 5 years, it has been the weekend after presidents day weekend. Perhaps longer but that's as long as I've been running this race.

Hi All, long time lurker, new poster with a world of questions. I am running the 5k for the first time in Feb.
1. How many characters are usually on the 5k course?
2. How long should I expect the race to last? I normally run a 29 min 5k, I think I put in a mileage to get me in the first corral and want to meet as many characters as possible and intend to be speedy to minimize line waits for characters.
3. Are there things happening after the race at the finish? Photo ops? Trying to determine if I will make an 8am RD at MK, assuming there are EMH.
4. Staying at YC-can I go through IG to get "home"? Or do I need to leave through the front and plan on monorail straight to MK?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!