2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Last night there was a report of a conversation with a cast member saying FD would be opened at 7am, both online and phones. Now, I don't for ONE HOT SECOND believe that this will happen this way, but can you imagine if it did? Disney's site'd crash in a blink! They are known for not having the best IT... it'd be crash and burn before anyone knew what hit them!

Add another free dining to the reservation?
Not adding to the reservation. having 2 reservations. It may or may not be the best move. Totally depends what the original reservation is. I'm planning on booking a new one, comparing and then keeping whatever the best deal is.

Add another free dining to the reservation?

If I already have a reservation with dining, can I just change it online to the free Dining?

From what I understand free dining is not something you add. Certain blocks of rooms are eligible for the promotion and you have to book those with the ticket requirements. I was confirming the order to do this in so that I did not loose my reservation for restaurant. You have to make a completely new reservation with the free dining from what I understand it worked in the past

Last night there was a report of a conversation with a cast member saying FD would be opened at 7am, both online and phones. Now, I don't for ONE HOT SECOND believe that this will happen this way, but can you imagine if it did? Disney's site'd crash in a blink! They are known for not having the best IT... it'd be crash and burn before anyone knew what hit them!

I saw that too!!! I worried they might do it just to keep things "fair" one of these years. If they do, we are all screwed.

Is it just me...or does anyone else feel like the kid in the beach club pool is mocking them every time you refresh?

Yes, he has been tormenting me for hours.

Actually, my iPad is tormenting me too. Every time I hit refresh now it hesitates *just enough* to make me go “Ahhhhh?” and then pool kid appears again and makes me go “Noooo!”.

It has been a vicious circle.

Following along for fun. I actually booked our vacation with Free Dining for Jan 2019 last week (UK deal). I can relate to the feeling constantly refreshing the website waiting for the deal to go live.

Hope everyone gets what they want once it goes live. Not long to wait now.

From what I understand free dining is not something you add. Certain blocks of rooms are eligible for the promotion and you have to book those with the ticket requirements. I was confirming the order to do this in so that I did not loose my reservation for restaurant. You have to make a completely new reservation with the free dining from what I understand it worked in the past
You can either modify "change reservation" or make a new one. Either way, they aren't tied to you ADRs. You won't lose your restaurant reservations unless you cancel those.

I think the site may actually be trying to make my head explode. It keeps telling me something went wrong and the link is broken..... noooooo

Nice! My Figgy is a rescue, and is just settling in. He was 1/2 of a bonded pair, and spent the first three days here calling Duchess to come out from under the bed in "their" room. She finally came out with a blast of energy and then it was his turn to be shy. He had spent those first few days being brave for her, sweet boy! She decided my DH was her person and is attached to him all day and night, but Figaro see,s to have chosen me, and is now coming upon my lap to take his naps. Unless my DGD s here, and then he is hers. She is a kittie whisperer.
Nice! My Figgy is a rescue, and is just settling in. He was 1/2 of a bonded pair, and spent the first three days here calling Duchess to come out from under the bed in "their" room. She finally came out with a blast of energy and then it was his turn to be shy. He had spent those first few days being brave for her, sweet boy! She decided my DH was her person and is attached to him all day and night, but Figaro see,s to have chosen me, and is now coming upon my lap to take his naps. Unless my DGD s here, and then he is hers. She is a kittie whisperer.
Aw that’s so sweet we have two kitties also. Fig is an orange tabby and Darcy aka little is a brown. Fig is rescue and our little was found under a pallet as a kitten at my husbands work. I love cats they each have their own strong personalities!

If I currently have a reservation and have made ADRs, will I lose those ADRs if I make a new reservation and cancel the first on later?

Aw that’s so sweet we have two kitties also. Fig is an orange tabby and Darcy aka little is a brown. Fig is rescue and our little was found under a pallet as a kitten at my husbands work. I love cats they each have their own strong personalities!

I love the little orange cats. We had three, and I miss every one still. My calico was so different from the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter