2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I am guessing Disney Chase holders didn’t get an advamce purchase this year
I haven’t received email but only ever did once in all the years I habe had one

How does this work if we are booking 8/19-8/26? Do we have to check in on 8/20 to get free dining?
There’s a good chance you can snag a RO discount for that date when they are released. We’ve had to do this before at CSR & requested to stay in the same room. It was so nice not to have to change rooms! I know that’s not guaranteed, but you do have a good chance. Also, when you wake up the next day, your FD will be able to be accessed, so it’s just one night without it!:)

You can book a one-night room only reservation. Then book a full Free Dining package from 8/20-8/26. You can use your tickets early. And if you're at the same resort ask them to link your reservations and chances are good you won't have to move rooms.
Can anyone on here confirm that they have been able to use their tickets early? This happened to us last year and we were told we MIGHT be able to get someone to activate our park tickets the day before our package started but that they wouldn't guarantee it - said we'd have to go to the concierge. We were at Yacht club so just ended up doing a pool day and not dealing with it but would possibly have to do this again THIS year and really need the extra park day during our room only this time......

So I have another question if any of you can remember. Have there been any 30% off rooms only discounts lately? I have booked on BB so I have not paid much attention to the RO. I have always needed to watch for FD.

Well, we want to go either way so we may book BB for the fall while we
are there in June if they have any for our fall dates

Can anyone on here confirm that they have been able to use their tickets early? This happened to us last year and we were told we MIGHT be able to get someone to activate our park tickets the day before our package started but that they wouldn't guarantee it - said we'd have to go to the concierge. We were at Yacht club so just ended up doing a pool day and not dealing with it but would possibly have to do this again THIS year and really need the extra park day during our room only this time......

We went early last year and no problems activating our tickets at Guest Services. We had planned on going to the park for a few hours after checking out and then head in back home. However, we drove there quicker than we thought so we used our extra day on the front end and stayed at a loca hotel. We did not run into any issues

Can anyone on here confirm that they have been able to use their tickets early?

I'm curious about this too, also could you do it 2 days early? Our original plan was to arrive on 8/18, I'm fine doing RO for the first night or two, or even staying offsite but I don't want to have to buy separate tickets, that adds up QUICK!

We’ve had no issues using package tickets early. They can be activated up to 10 days in advance. We did it at Pop, but guest services is the main place to do it.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Free Dining booking 4/24-10/7.

Dates: 8/20-9/29, 11/24-27 & 12/7-12/23.

More later.

Oh never mind... just looked at the dates. Starts tomorrow.... Will it be on the website or do I have to call? We already have a RO reservation. I really wish there would be something for passholders, or Disney Visa customers. We'll be there from 8/15 - 8/21. Would they apply it for just 2 days or would it have to be when we first check in?

~D

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that tickets are valid for 14 days after their first use. So I would think IF getting your tickets early and you have a trip that is longer ( 2 weeks plus) , you need to do the math and not expire before the end of your trip. This happened to a friend.. They were in orlando almost 3 weeks. Did Universal and then WDW.. but arrived early and went to a WDW park before universal, used their package that started later.

Thank you so much for the inside scoop! I have AKL booked 8/13-822 which is before the rumored dates. Im a visa Disney card holder. Did you have an early information when they offered FD a week earlier?

Hey, we'll be at the AKL the same time you will be (actually we will be there from 8/15 - 8/21) Hoping also for some sort of FD option that will work for us!

~D

So we're thinking tomorrow then?
Of course I was up checking this morning but that's because I wasn't sleeping well.
I'll set an alarm for tomorrow.

we're currently booked on a bounce back offer with free dining for Coronado Springs last week of August. For the same price we can book Key West since we wouldn't have to pay the difference in dining (or a preferred room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter