2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

So, I am booked at Movies and I see that in the past that resort has been excluded. Is it possible to get th to rebook me into one (resort) that IS included? Can I call them? Does anyone have any experience with this?

So, I am booked at Movies and I see that in the past that resort has been excluded. Is it possible to get th to rebook me into one (resort) that IS included? Can I call them? Does anyone have any experience with this?
You can wait till the offer drops and see if it is excluded and then change your reservations. If you booked the reservation you should be able to change online. You can go and see if you have the change button on your reservation.

We booked about a month ago at Movies and then got an email informing me they would be doing construction/refurb during our stay (we didn't want to deal with that) so I called and they moved us to POP - we just had to pay the difference of the nightly rate from Movies to POP which was about 20$ extra for our deposit.

I'm going to be so disappointed if FD isnt released tomorrow or tues:sad:. I have off both days, shouldve known it was too good to be true lol.

I still find it odd that we haven't gotten more "solid" rumors by this point. Each year in the past, by the day before everyone would pretty much know for sure what was happening. It would have been confirmed by several Disney "insiders," both on this board and elsewhere. The fact that we haven't seen that yet leads me to doubt that it is getting ready to drop tomorrow. Either that, or Disney has significantly improved their ability to keep secrets.
I doubt that they are able to keep this a secret. When price increases came up last time we were all fully aware ahead of time.

Honestly I'm hoping FD drops next week. I have payroll to process the next few days and am not looking forward to being exhausted while still having to do my job. I can't call in sick what so ever... I'm on the West coast so I'm planning to check in at 3am PST. If nothings going on I'm going back to sleep until 5am as I need my rest or I won't be able to function. As it is I only sleep 6 hours a night so yeah...

Here is what I was just told, Free Dining will drop on Tuesday the 24th. I may have more info tomorrow on what the offer will be. If I get that info I will be sure to pass it on here late tomorrow afternoon.

For those who don't remember me from last year I came here and gave the FD info I had and it was all spot on. Kimbean can vouch for that. If I were you I would check tomorrow morning just in case my info is wrong, but at the moment I'm pretty confident it drops on Tuesday.

Last edited:
So do we have a solid idea on when FD will start? Last year I got it for 8/31 but this year we would like to go in the beginning of August due to school starting 8/20. I heard 8/2, but that seems oftly early! Any guesses?

This is only a guess, but I would guess it will start on 8/2 for Disney Visa card holders, and then maybe 8/9 or 8/16 for everyone else.

Here is what I was just told, Free Dining will drop on Tuesday the 24th. I may have more info tomorrow on what the offer will be. If I get that info I will be sure to pass it on here late tomorrow afternoon.

For those who don't remember me from last year I came here and gave the FD info I had and it was all spot on. Kimbean can vouch for that. If I were you I would check tomorrow morning just in case my info is wrong, but at the moment I'm pretty confident it drops on Tuesday.

Does your source have any info on possible additional dates or resorts?

This is exactly what I want to hear!! Hoping your source is right. Would love to get this done early in the week!!

Historically, don't they usually announce it on a Monday?

Historically, don't they usually announce it on a Monday?

This is why I said everyone should check tomorrow to see if it drops, but I was told it will drop on Tuesday and this is from the source that gave me all the correct info last year. I don't get my info from the SA site. Hopefully my info will hit another home run this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter