2017 Wedding/Honeymoon Planning

Would you rather

• Fall while walking down the aisle?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usually it's only the Wedding Pavilion that is in enough demand that it can be hard to get a time-date combo during certain seasons. As long as you're flexible with time of day and OK to switch to Yacht Club Gazebo (the least popular venue), you should be fine.

Sometimes it can take a day or two to hear back. But unless you want the Wedding Pavilion on a Saturday night in October, you probably won't have to go into the lottery.

My name is Adrienne. I met Scott in college and we have been together for 12 years. We live in florida and love Disney. He works for Disney. We have a 10 year old daughter, so getting engaged was just sort of a decision we came to years ago but never acted on until now. We are currently planning a Disney wedding at Sea Breeze Point for July 17, 2017-- we like the date and i'm an art teacher so i'm off over the summer. It is going to be really hot...but hopefully we can change our time to the morning and help to alleviate at least the more brutal temps. We are also trying to change our reception to the Attic from the Flying Fish. We are having Mickey Mouse so we are doing a mickey mouse theme, our colors are red, black, white, and yellow. We asked about having mickey's delight cake in black but i read elsewhere it is a stamp, so we will see what happens with that. We are going with McElroy videography and Emily Gilbert photography (i just like her style, it fits our quirky personalities). We are staying at the boardwalk for our honeymoon. Would love to hear from other July SBP brides and how they dealt with the heat!

Just started emailing Disney about booking the Sept 2017 wedding, still have my heart set on Sea Breeze point for wishes but gutted the price has gone up. Have emailed asking if we can still have for $5000 as have been saving for two years for this! But if that doesn't go ahead also emailing Just Marry about the Swan and Dolphin weddings as an alternative. I just really want to get a date sorted and booked so I can book the actual holiday. Great deals on the Disney Website at the moment with the free nights :)

Just started emailing Disney about booking the Sept 2017 wedding, still have my heart set on Sea Breeze point for wishes but gutted the price has gone up. Have emailed asking if we can still have for $5000 as have been saving for two years for this! But if that doesn't go ahead also emailing Just Marry about the Swan and Dolphin weddings as an alternative. I just really want to get a date sorted and booked so I can book the actual holiday. Great deals on the Disney Website at the moment with the free nights :)
Good l

Good luck!! Did they get back to you yet!

I would suggest Buena Vista Palace. Luckily we booked our September wedding before the change, if not I would have gone through Buena Vista Palace. The Swan and Dolphin is nice, but they have been increasing price twice in the past year as well.

Phew! They've just emailed back and will honour the $5000. Thank goodness :)

Good my conference booked for next week! :D

Does anyone know what is discussed? Can you provisionally hold a date from there?

Hey guys!

DF and I are having an Escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and just received our contract earlier in the week. In the contract, in the part about our cake, it says something about a complimentary Mickey and Minnie cake topper. Does anyone know what this looks like? I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere.. only the enhancement cake toppers you can upgrade to if you wish. Also, are you allowed to bring your own topper or are you required to use one of theirs (or go without)? Thanks! :)

I would suggest Buena Vista Palace. Luckily we booked our September wedding before the change, if not I would have gone through Buena Vista Palace. The Swan and Dolphin is nice, but they have been increasing price twice in the past year as well.

Did you get a quote from them? What was it? They don't have prices on their site.

Ceremony was $1,500, Reception for brunch or lunch were under $100.00 per person, which is better than disney. Send them an email, their coordinator always emailed me back within a working date with information.

Hey guys!

DF and I are having an Escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and just received our contract earlier in the week. In the contract, in the part about our cake, it says something about a complimentary Mickey and Minnie cake topper. Does anyone know what this looks like? I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere.. only the enhancement cake toppers you can upgrade to if you wish. Also, are you allowed to bring your own topper or are you required to use one of theirs (or go without)? Thanks! :)

You can bring your own topper. They'll just set Mickey and Minnie next to the cake for you. Here's what that topper looks like:

Mickey%20Minnie%20Cake%20Topper_zpslspgj7dq.jpg

Just got an email from our planner regarding our 2nd and 3rd date choices, since they are chronologically before our 1st choice. Our 3rd choice is out because the GF convention center is booked by a corporate event. Our second choice was unavailable at the time we wanted (5pm), so the planner reserved 2:30 while we wait to hear about our 1st choice. The 2:30pm really does not work for us. Is it rude to email back with different options? Stressed that our 1st choice will be unavailable and we will have nothing to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!