2017 Wedding/Honeymoon Planning

Would you rather

• Fall while walking down the aisle?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We got the news yesterday that we got our choices for our May 2017 wedding!! 2:30pm WP, and pre-reception and reception at the St James Hall and Patio/West Promenade Ballroom at BWI! Completely over the moon!

Has anyone else heard back or know what they have? Best feeling ever!

We got the news yesterday that we got our choices for our May 2017 wedding!! 2:30pm WP, and pre-reception and reception at the St James Hall and Patio/West Promenade Ballroom at BWI! Completely over the moon!

Has anyone else heard back or know what they have? Best feeling ever!

Oh wow I'm so pleased for you... I'm an escape bride (or hoping to be anyway), so I get to find out at the end of the month!!!!
I'm hoping for WP at 2.30pm too... Oh the waiting!

Hi ladies!

We just got our LOA back signed by Disney for our April 17th wedding (ceremony offsite / reception at Ariel's)!!

Our wedding planner mentioned that we would be getting a virtual Save the Date. Has anyone used these/know what they look like? I'm anxious to see them but not sure if I should order something else too.

Hi ladies!

We just got our LOA back signed by Disney for our April 17th wedding (ceremony offsite / reception at Ariel's)!!

Our wedding planner mentioned that we would be getting a virtual Save the Date. Has anyone used these/know what they look like? I'm anxious to see them but not sure if I should order something else too.
Hi! I will also be having an offsite ceremony, but am not engaged yet so haven't had the opportunity to call Disney. I know the minimums must still be met. So my question is, the ceremony cost needs to be made up with food and enhancements correct? Or does that cost not have to be met?

Hi! I will also be having an offsite ceremony, but am not engaged yet so haven't had the opportunity to call Disney. I know the minimums must still be met. So my question is, the ceremony cost needs to be made up with food and enhancements correct? Or does that cost not have to be met?

We don't have any costs with Disney related to our ceremony. We just have to got the food and enhancements minimum for our reception.

Hope this helps!

We don't have any costs with Disney related to our ceremony. We just have to got the food and enhancements minimum for our reception.

Hope this helps!
So it would just be the Per person depending on which meal for food and $3,000 (for mini wishes) for enhancements that has to be met? That's great!

So it would just be the Per person depending on which meal for food and $3,000 (for mini wishes) for enhancements that has to be met? That's great!

I'm not sure what the minimums are for mini wishes.

We are doing wishes with a Monday lunch reception...minimum $150 per person for food plus $5,000 enhancement minimum.

March 2017! We put in our choices this week for WP, WhiteHall, and Sago Cay for a dessert party. Would be curious to hear what everyone plans on filling their enhancement minimums with and what other activities you've planned for your guests during the days leading up to the wedding! We will likely be arriving on Friday/Saturday for a Monday wedding and will want to plan a few group outings.

After getting our wedding pictures back from Disney, I thought I'd pass along some comments.

Overall, I felt the Disney photographers could have done a better job. After all, you are paying for professional work.

Composition:
Some photos taken in the Grand Floridian looked faboulous, such as those taken on the stairs. While others were taken in a corner, with a small aperature (as in little no bokeh). These looked more like a photo I took, rather than a paid professional.

Clothing:
There are photos where someone should have taken care of clothing issues. Such as the Bride's dress, groomsmans pants, etc.

White Balance:
It appeared that some photos were taken with the camera on Auto White Balance, so the color changed from one photo to the next.

Lighting:
There were two photographers for our shoot. At times, both were taking photos. At other times, the B photographer held a remote flash. You can tell the photos taken with the added, off camera lighting, which were better lit.

People:
We have photos where the people being photographed were either not looking in the same direction as others, or they had their eyes closed, or a odd look on their face.

Family Groups:
Immediate family photos were taken at the GF Pavilion. Extened family photos were taken at the Dance Hall. However, only one large photo was taken of the extended family, with the everyone in one large, unorganized group on the dance floor and the photographer up stairs. We would haver prefered to have exteneded family photos taken with the Bride and Groom and perhaps less photos of the dancing.

I thought I'd share these comments here. You might want to have a conversation with your photographer to ensure you not only get the photos you want, but to also make sure they pay attention to the details.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, these are common complaints with Disney Photography. Some of them take great photos, but the quality varies widely, and Disney can't guarantee you'll get the photographer you've requested even if you do find one who knows how to do the things you mentioned.

[QUOTE="... Disney can't guarantee you'll get the photographer you've requested even ... [/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't know that. Never actaully researched this enough to even think to ask.

I guess we went into this thinking Disney (who's beening doing wedding for longer than, oh, I don't know ... an hour?) would provide only photographers who could take photos.

The issues I point out are basic photography skills.

So I suppose the take away from this, for those of you who are about to have a wedding at Disney, is to talk to the photographer about these issues.

Make sure they:
Pose people properly.
Check to ensure there are no wardrobe issues.
Try not to take photos in odd places, like the corner of a room.

Probably a good idea to have someone (who can think straight on a wedding day) keep an eye on these things.

We got over 1,000 photos. Many look great. It's just that when you hire a pro, all should look great.

Everyone here have (and I'm sure you will) a magical wedding.

:earsgirl::earsboy:So I thought this was a great thread to start for all the Disney brides/grooms getting married in 2017. That way we can feed off each other's ideas and plans and get some great advice and tips.
Some fun stuff about me. My name is Jennifer and I recently got engaged August 8th,2015 on the Peoplemover(favorite ride) and I am currently planning a Disney wedding for August 2017. I live and breath Disney. I'm from Long Island and i work part time at the Disney store up here so I can share my Disney magic with my guests. I'm just so excited to see where this board takes us. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2016 and let the planning begin!!:earsgirl::earsboy:

I love this idea!! We are getting married September 2017 on disney cruise line, either dream or fantasy. :)

Hi everyone!! I'm pretty new to the boards in general but super excited! My fiancé and I got engaged October 2015 by scavenger hunt through MK that ended at the Polynesian Beach. We are getting married March 2017 (potentially an Escape but waiting on his grandparents health) BUT we will hopefully be doing portraits down there if we can't have the whole event (I've gotten mixed info on if we can or not). And we'll be honeymooning in Disney.

Excited to get to know you ladies!!

Last edited:
Hi you can have photos there even if your Wedding isn't there. I emailed the photography department just the other day! And by the looks of it the prices are pretty much the same aswell! :)

Hi everyone, newly engaged and planning a May 4th wedding here in England before setting off for our Disneymoon at CBR the week after. Looking forward to planning some new and exciting things for the trip! :)

Congratulations to everyone on here that got engaged!!

Got engaged June 12, 2015!! I'm so excited for our Oct 1, 2017 wedding on Disney Fantasy Cruise. First time on a cruise!! Bad thing about having a long engagement is that you end up changing your mind a dozen times. Can't wait to start planning in January 2017!!
:mickeyjum

Has anyone done a DCL Wedding? We are planning one in Oct 2017 but haven't got a planner yet, so I am kinda at a lost on what they allow you to do or not to do. Does anyone have any idea? :confused3

So excited to find this thread! Just got engaged in May on our annual trip to DW. My guy proposed to me on the bridge between the Swan and Dolphin. We are hoping for 11/17/17 (our three year anniversary of our first date). Wanted Sea Breeze Point, but the guest count keeps going up and up so it's looking unlikely. We can't wait to start planning, I believe we get to call for our date this week! Fingers crossed!!! :) Alex and Nicole engagement photo.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter