2017 Hilton Head Roll Call

Just booked a stay for Oct 24 - 27 in a 1 bedroom for my husband and I. I really wanted to have Oct 22-27, but the first 2 nights weren't available. I'll just have to keep checking between now and then. I felt lucky to get the 3 nights I got!

This will be our first trip to DHHIR and I can't wait! We tried to do this trip the same week last October and had to change our plans at the last minute because the resort was still closed due to the hurricane. Fingers crossed for better luck this time around!

Last edited:

We didn't think we were going to be able to go this year but my mom finished chemo and asked if we could take her to our favorite place in the world to celebrate. So we are coming October 7-13 and bringing my mom for her first trip.

We were supposed to come last October and had to cancel because of the hurricane. Hopefully we have better luck this year.

We didn't think we were going to be able to go this year but my mom finished chemo and asked if we could take her to our favorite place in the world to celebrate. So we are coming October 7-13 and bringing my mom for her first trip.

We were supposed to come last October and had to cancel because of the hurricane. Hopefully we have better luck this year.

Have an amazing time and all the best to your Mom for good health and healing. Can't think of a much better place to celebrate.

Hoping no hurricanes will damper anyones plans this fall at Hilton Head. There looks to be one out there now, but too soon to tell about it.

Just booked through DHHIR website for Nov. 14th through the 18th. First time we will stay there since our trip in 2014. We had a 2 BR for our trips in Nov. of 2013 & 2014 using my RCI points to trade into DVC. Has become impossible to find a reservation through RCI since then for the resort and had to move my trip to Thanksgiving week instead of the week before to have Thanksgiving on HHI with all of the family and that makes it even more impossible to book through RCI. So I am using the funds left on my Disney gift card from our Irma shortened trip to FW to stay for 4 nights in a Studio with just me & the wife and then we will transfer to whatever resort we get for Thanksgiving week on HHI when the extended family comes up. But don't worry, we found ways to visit DHHIR over the last 2 years of Thanksgivings. :tongue: Looking forward to a great two weeks on the island. If it works out, this may become an addition to our (going on 5th year) annual Thanksgiving HHI trip, as a birthday gift to myself (19th) heh heh!!

Just booked through DHHIR website for Nov. 14th through the 18th. First time we will stay there since our trip in 2014. We had a 2 BR for our trips in Nov. of 2013 & 2014 using my RCI points to trade into DVC. Has become impossible to find a reservation through RCI since then for the resort and had to move my trip to Thanksgiving week instead of the week before to have Thanksgiving on HHI with all of the family and that makes it even more impossible to book through RCI. So I am using the funds left on my Disney gift card from our Irma shortened trip to FW to stay for 4 nights in a Studio with just me & the wife and then we will transfer to whatever resort we get for Thanksgiving week on HHI when the extended family comes up. But don't worry, we found ways to visit DHHIR over the last 2 years of Thanksgivings. :tongue: Looking forward to a great two weeks on the island. If it works out, this may become an addition to our (going on 5th year) annual Thanksgiving HHI trip, as a birthday gift to myself (19th) heh heh!!

Sounds like you. like us, have become addicted to Thanksgivings at HHI. Twelve years ago, we thought we'd try it "just once" for Thanksgiving. Going on our 12th straight year!

Sounds like you. like us, have become addicted to Thanksgivings at HHI. Twelve years ago, we thought we'd try it "just once" for Thanksgiving. Going on our 12th straight year!

Yep, we love it. We had been to Hilton head several times, DW sister lived in Beaufort, but then DW had a work conference in 2011 there the week before Thanksgiving and we stayed an extra 3 or 4 days because it rolled into my birthday. My sister & Mom were supposed to come, as they lived less than 2 hours down I-16 in Dublin, but then my sister couldn't come & Mom stayed with her as it was a big mess with some idiot she was with. So I was really upset which faded after a text from my sister apologizing and telling me happy birthday & she loved me. That is what really made the idea of a family Thanksgiving trip to HHI stick, because in June of 2012 we lost my sister and it hit us really hard, especially my Mother who lived next to her. I stayed with Mom for about a year while she fell apart then tried to recover and we missed 2012 at HHI. By May of 2013 DW had been promoted and we moved 45 minutes from where we were living and I only stayed at Mom's a couple times a month which I still do to this day. We decided to go back to HHI around my birthday and take Mom, which over the next couple of years morphed into doing it on Thanksgiving week and getting my half brothers & their kids to come. Now it is expected that Uncle D will have a Thanksgiving week trip ready to go every November. My nephew just turned 16 & just texted me today asking if we got DHHIR this year, so it has become a tradition. They like renting bikes & tryin to keep up with old 340lb Uncle Kornbred as he leaves 'em in the dust riding all over the island. It really is a great time that I look forward to and an awesome way to spend my birthday.

Just booked a stay for Oct 24 - 27 in a 1 bedroom for my husband and I. I really wanted to have Oct 22-27, but the first 2 nights weren't available. I'll just have to keep checking between now and then. I felt lucky to get the 3 nights I got!

This will be our first trip to DHHIR and I can't wait! We tried to do this trip the same week last October and had to change our plans at the last minute because the resort was still closed due to the hurricane. Fingers crossed for better luck this time around!

I changed my trip to October 16 - 20th. It just worked out better for us and I got one more night! I'm very excited that we finally get to experience Hilton Head Island and the Disney resort!

Does anyone know where we can get something like this in the area; Captain Crab's Sampler Platter (Boiled shrimp, Snow Crab, Jonah or Rock Crab, mussels, crawfish, corn potatoes and sausage)? This is what we got on Tybee Island at The Crab Shack and it was so good! I don't think we'll have time to head over there this trip, so I'm hoping to find something similar on Hilton Head Island!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter