2017 Fall Planning

Some got our free dining and plan on upgrading but how does one do that? Is there a specific time frame it needs to be done by before we sign up for ADRs?
You can upgrade up to 72 hours before your trip.

So happy we were able to modify our trip and add free dining today. We went with the quick service since we will be enjoying the food and wine booths. It's nice not to be tied to adrs for once.

Question: How far out can I find the park hours, EMH, etc? Trying to make our plans before the 180 day mark so we can get the reservations we want. Thanks :tink:

Hey Fall Planners - do you know if Day 1 of the Food & Wine Festival is typically crowded? Our trip is going to end Sep 2nd, so we have three days to go: (Thurs. Aug 31, Fri. Sep 1 and Sat. Sep 2), and I'm wondering which might be best in terms of crowds....day one vs. weekend.

Or is the real answer go all three....?

Hi all, I came over from the fd board. My dh and 3 kids and I are going 11/25-12/02. This is our second time going, it has been my dream to see disney at Christmas time so I am super excited to make this happen. I booked CBR, 2 rooms at ASSports and a suite at ASMusic. I don't know which to keep. We stayed CBR the other time we went and really liked it but there construction this time. I look forward to trying to be organized and prepared from all your Disney knowledge!!

I'm so happy to be here, my DH is excited to go but he just wants to be told where to be when. Plus you can only talk about details so much to someone who isn't a planner.

I forgot to say as of right now we are staying at AOA from 11/25-12/3 with DDP upgrade but I'm still thinking about changing it dependiing on what else comes open. We are a party of 5 me, dh, ds - 9, dd-4and dd -3.

Hey Fall Planners - do you know if Day 1 of the Food & Wine Festival is typically crowded? Our trip is going to end Sep 2nd, so we have three days to go: (Thurs. Aug 31, Fri. Sep 1 and Sat. Sep 2), and I'm wondering which might be best in terms of crowds....day one vs. weekend.

Or is the real answer go all three....?

My dream would be to go everyday, but the reality is avoid Saturday if you can. We went once on a Saturday and the lines at the booths were frustratingly long. I would definitely go Thursday and Friday during the day for sure though. :)

I'm joining too...as of now have FD at ASMu suites for 11/26-12/6. Might switch to AoA, not sure yet. Was originally supposed to stay at FW cabins, but kids talked me into moving, they weren't thrilled about FW. Our group consists of me, DH, DD 17, DD 13, DD 9, DD 6 and DS 1. (we had to keep trying for our boy!) We've been several times but have always stayed at villas with my parents who are DVC members. This will be our baby's first trip, he will be 2 when we go. We can't do our ADRs yet, but are going to try for: Ohana, Biergarten, 50's prime time, BOG, CRT, Chef Mickey, Tusker House, T-rex, Coral Reef and Akershus. So excited!

Edit to add: FYI, it looks like MK is closing at 4:30 on 11/30 for some kind of staff event.

Last edited:
Joining in. We got FD for 9/17-9/21 at Pop standard room. We have stayed here before and we like it here. It is 3 of us me, dh, and ds 5. Current reservations are 9/17-Le Cellier 530. 9/18 920a chef Mickey (ds asked for this one) 9/19 Ohana 9/20 Crystal Palace 530. We are trying to get a bog but with MNSSHP it is tough. NOt sure yet if we are doing the party yet we have been twice. Just hit a small snag of hubby may need acl surgery will find out on the 8th but hoping it is just meniscus and not acl. :yay:

Would you recommend it to someone who has never been?

I hope your husband is ends up all right without needing surgery.

I would definitely recommend it, we have had a ball both times we went out little guy usually fall so asleep during the first parade and dh and I get to do what we want. It is an awesome parade, hallowwishes (not sure what it will be this year) are great and the characters are awesome. And if kids stay awake most rides are walk on except haunted mansion line was huge 45+ both times we went.

We're all set for 9/29-10/7 at POP. I decided to keep the QS plan, but I booked the Bon Voyage breakfast and Ohana dinner and will pay for those myself. Next thing to check off will be Halloween party tickets!!

Joining in. We got FD for 9/17-9/21 at Pop standard room. We have stayed here before and we like it here. It is 3 of us me, dh, and ds 5. Current reservations are 9/17-Le Cellier 530. 9/18 920a chef Mickey (ds asked for this one) 9/19 Ohana 9/20 Crystal Palace 530. We are trying to get a bog but with MNSSHP it is tough. NOt sure yet if we are doing the party yet we have been twice. Just hit a small snag of hubby may need acl surgery will find out on the 8th but hoping it is just meniscus and not acl. :yay:
Hope everything turns out ok for your husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter