2017 Fall Planning

Joining the partyparty:

We're going to Universal for HHN 9/12 - 9/19 then onto Pop for Food & Wine 9/19 - 21 or 9/22 if free dining is a 3 night minimum stay. Just my adult DS and I...I can't wait :cool1:

Joined! Our first family trip (kids 10 & 9) will be 26 August - 02 September. Not exactly fall, so I hope you let me stay here!

So, I'm thinking, we maaay try to do a 4-parks-1-day challenge! It will depend on a variety of factors, mainly crowds and how much we already did at the other parks. So, here is my tentative plan, which could change depending on a lot of factors.

Park 1: Animal Kingdom. That day will be EMH, so we would probably need to get there early for that. We could skip Pandora and just do another ride, maybe Expedition Everest (single rider is a possibility if there is a longer line).
Park 2: Hollywood Studios. Maybe try single rider for Rock-n-Roller Coaster (it could also be cool to make it a thrill ride challenge too). But I know my sister's fav ride is Tower of Terror, so maybe both depending on lines. If both are too long, just go for whatever ride line is shortest.
Park 3: Epcot. The original plan was to do Epcot in morning and transition to MK for late afternoon/evening. We'd have to see which rides we would already have completed. But I sort of want to go to F&W for lunch. For the thrill ride option, maybe Test Track single rider?
Park 4: Magic Kingdom. We would have FP's for this one. We also have BOG dinner reservations that evening. Will probably make FPs for BTMR, SDMT, and maybe Space, but that could change [I would love it if they started doing FPs for fireworks again].

Getting from Park 2-3-4 would be via express bus (we already plan on getting it and the last full day would fall within the 7-day window).
Now, Park 1-2 is a question. Express bus doesn't start until 10am. Do you know what time the park-park regular buses start up? I guess if we become super committed to it, we could always uber, but I don't know if I want to bother. And I guess since Park 2 is HS we could try to get to a nearby hotel (Swan & dolphin, Yacht club, etc) and walk.

I'm crossing my fingers this could work, but at the same time, if it doesn't, then I'd just have to save that plan for another trip! It definitely depends on crowds and how tired we are. We are doing MNSSHP the night before, so if we are too tired, it could end up being a sleep-in type of day. And we are doing Universal the next day, so don't want to exhaust ourselves for that (but the only plan for that is HP, the rest is just filler).

Hi! We will be at WDW in mid September to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I told our kids instead of the usual celebration party...I wanted us all to go to WDW and take grandkids for first time. So there will be 5 adults and 6 & 8 year old girls. So I am super excited. We have not been there in 15 years. I am using a TA for 1st time ever. I am a little nervous about that. We do have reservations for several character dining, including Cinderella's Table with the girls having appointments at Biddidi Boddidi Boutique before we go. Like everyone, hoping for free dining so we can do all the character dining we have reserved. But irregardless, we are going to WDW and it will be FABULOUS!
We are going from Sept. 4th to September 14th, staying at POP, 3 families, 6 Adults, 4 kids (10,7,5,3).

One of the families (my Sister in Law & DH with kids aged 7 & 5), they have never been to Disney and worst, they have never being on a plane before!

So exciting for them! (and for us as well, a long trip for us, 5555 miles away from WDW).

The rest of us (DW, DS10, DS3 and my in-laws) have been at WDW (and Orlando) many times already (Celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. including Grandpa turning 70 at WDW this September :yay:).

This board is great, thank you all for the prompt replies to my questions :)
:disrocks:
Make sure to pick up celebration buttons (1st visit, birthday, anniversary, I'm celebrating) once you arrive. Makes for a great (free) souvenir and you never know, you might receive a little extra pixie dust as well!! :wizard:

Make sure to pick up celebration buttons (1st visit, birthday, anniversary, I'm celebrating) once you arrive. Makes for a great (free) souvenir and you never know, you might receive a little extra pixie dust as well!! :wizard:

Thanks! (Although we have been picking those Pins every year since 2011 our first visit).

Thanks! (Although we have been picking those Pins every year since 2011 our first visit).
We started our collection back in 2009 :). Hope your family enjoys their first trip and Grandpa has a :bday:.

Reactions: ean
Joining in! We'll be there for Thanksgiving. Booked a great deal through a travel agent (Disney's site didn't have any rooms available for our week at the resorts we were looking at). Our last trip was for Thanksgiving 2015 (have to plan around ds's school schedule to minimize school days missed)- So excited to be going back! :)

@cshell624 Just wanted you to know that an OFFICIAL October 2017 Planning thread was started by @Farro on June 19, 2016.

It’s difficult to find due to the title - ***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!*** Here’s the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...nd-plan-official-october-2017-thread.3519981/

@chocolateavocado , @Daniela Rose , @DiaryofaDisneyKid , @Dismomof2boys , @Disneylover99 ,
@ean , @JadeDarkstar , @Leelah , @Lesley Wake , @Katmat75 , @katriscari , @KimBean , @MochaDrinker , @mommajo143 , @mowork48 , @oblori , @pixie_mtl , @tink1957 , @ENJDisneyFan and @LauraJean

I will contact a Moderator to see if this thread can be merged.
Thanks FoxC63 but we are going in November!:)

Gotcha - I saw "FALL" and went a little crazy being a Fall Baby it's hard for me to think of November as such. :D

There I edited it. Just don't understand why there are no links to help you all plan?
No problem! :teeth: Thanks for the invite! Maybe one day I will join you guys in the October planning group.:)

Joining in. We will be at YC 9/7 - 9/17, celebrating DD turning 10 on 9/8. She is a Star Wars nut so we are planning on doing the desert party. Still undecided on MNSSHP as we have done it the part 4 years.

Gotcha - I saw "FALL" and went a little crazy being a Fall Baby it's hard for me to think of November as such. :D

There I edited it. Just don't understand why there are no links to help you all plan?
Last year after FD dropped, the FD thread was closed. People wanted to keep planning their trips together (no matter when they were going) in one place, so a thread was created (also titled fall). I thought I would go ahead and create another thread this year in case the thread was closed again. I've now added a few links to the first post. :)

Last year after FD dropped, the FD thread was closed. People wanted to keep planning their trips together (no matter when they were going) in one place, so a thread was created (also titled fall). I thought I would go ahead and create another thread this year in case the thread was closed again. I've now added a few links to the first post. :)

I think the lack of links is what confused me. But I totally get it now and I do apologize most sincerely if I stepped out of bounds. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter