2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I don't know that I am going to spend a ton of money on food, but what are the must try halloween foods? We will maybe pick one or two things to get. :)

This is the post that said maxpass is included for the pre party hours. I'll keep on the lookout for more blog reviews.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/photos-recap-2017-disneyland-halloween-party/

So do i have to pay full price for it during the day? Why won't it be included in my normal ticket, seems only fair if party goers aren't paying for it either? Isn't it enough the party ticket gets you in a full three hours overlap of day guests with the ticket for a party that officially begins at 6 or 7? You also get park hopper at no extra charge, where does it end? A great deal if you can swing the extra $$$ for the party, but it is quickly devaluing my non discounted day ticket. DCA isn't even staying open late on the party night we're there, closing at 8 p.m. My family had talked me into going to DL again that day versus Universal, now i'm back in the Universal for that day camp!

I'm willing to bet that MaxPass is not included. I remember that blog has been wrong on something before (saying all dates of Mickey's Halloween Party 2017 were sold out, which was before the date they even went on sale to the general public).

If they did include it, they would need to save a whole bunch of the FPs for use after 3 or 4 p.m. Because if they don't and they're all gone, people are going to complain. Then it would only be available for those crossover hours, because FP and DAS is not available during the party - so no MaxPass either. Seems way too complicated.

Also, adding MaxPass to the party tickets would be a HUGE selling point for Disney. They're not going to leave that kind of information off the Disneyland Halloween site as well as the official Parks Blog Halloween party posts, kwim?

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that MaxPass is not included. I remember that blog has been wrong on something before (saying all dates of Mickey's Halloween Party 2017 were sold out, which was before the date they even went on sale to the general public).

If they did include it, they would need to save a whole bunch of the FPs for use after 3 or 4 p.m. Because if they don't and they're all gone, people are going to complain. Then it would only be available for those crossover hours, because FP and DAS is not available during the party - so no MaxPass either. Seems way too complicated.

Also, adding MaxPass to the party tickets would be a HUGE selling point for Disney. They're not going to leave that kind of information off the Disneyland Halloween site as well as the official Parks Blog Halloween party posts, kwim?
Agreed. They're a pretty good resource overall, but certainly not 100% accurate. Wouldn't be the first time they were wrong about something.

Quick question, I was caught up but I started packing and wanted to ask this so hopefully weather hasn't been discussed since I last read. My son wants to Harry Potter for Halloween so I'm buying the robe for him at Universal on Sunday. Our party night is on Monday, would it be too hot?

Has a good spot for fireworks and parade been discussed? Sorry if I missed it, I want to make sure I know where to go since I probably won't have time to read again after we leave tomorrow. Where and when should we go for first parade and then first fireworks? Thanks!

I can awns
Quick question, I was caught up but I started packing and wanted to ask this so hopefully weather hasn't been discussed since I last read. My son wants to Harry Potter for Halloween so I'm buying the robe for him at Universal on Sunday. Our party night is on Monday, would it be too hot?

Has a good spot for fireworks and parade been discussed? Sorry if I missed it, I want to make sure I know where to go since I probably won't have time to read again after we leave tomorrow. Where and when should we go for first parade and then first fireworks? Thanks!
er your first question. They said it was going to get back up to 90 degrees by Monday

Linkura I think said she watched the first parade by Coke Corner and then after it was done walked around the hub on the Tomorrowland side to watch the fireworks. I can't remember what time she said she got her parade spot. I plan on finding a spot in the hub or near there for the first parade and then walking up as far as I can to the Castle to watch the fireworks. I have a short child but I think she'll be able to see enough of it I hope. I don't want to wait for hours right in front of the castle for a show that may end up being cancelled. It's a Small World might be better for those that don't want to camp out too soon for the first parade. From what I understand, there will be Halloween projections on the facade and you'll have a good view of the fireworks but you probably wouldn't be able to see the orb or Zero - but I am unsure about that. Casey from Disneyland Daily usually likes to watch the parades and fireworks from that spot. If you go back one or 2 pages, you will find Linkura's account which you should do in case I am remembering wrong.

As far as the robe, I am guessing those Universal robes are heavy and will probably be much too hot most of the day.

Have fun!!!

Linkura I think said she watched the first parade by Coke Corner and then after it was done walked around the hub on the Tomorrowland side to watch the fireworks. I can't remember what time she said she got her parade spot. I plan on finding a spot in the hub or near there for the first parade and then walking up as far as I can to the Castle to watch the fireworks. I have a short child but I think she'll be able to see enough of it I hope. I don't want to wait for hours right in front of the castle for a show that may end up being cancelled. It's a Small World might be better for those that don't want to camp out too soon for the first parade. From what I understand, there will be Halloween projections on the facade and you'll have a good view of the fireworks but you probably wouldn't be able to see the orb or Zero - but I am unsure about that. Casey from Disneyland Daily usually likes to watch the parades and fireworks from that spot. If you go back one or 2 pages, you will find Linkura's account which you should do in case I am remembering wrong.

As far as the robe, I am guessing those Universal robes are heavy and will probably be much too hot most of the day.

Have fun!!!
Actually I watched it on the Adventureland/Frontierland side of the hub, a bit west of the Partners statue, but Tomorrowland would probably be better as we didn't see the Jack light orb from our vantage point (great view of everything else including the castle projections and Zero though). The parade spot I got at 8:15, but it was just my husband and me. If you have short children/strollers, you might want to try earlier or go to a less crowded area on the route. The second parade was a ghost town, so if you don't want to wait to find a spot for the first parade, just do the second. You could probably just walk up to a good spot when it starts for the second. Someone else in this thread reported fireworks projections on IASW and Main St buildings, so that would be another nice option if you don't care too much about Zero/the Jack orb.

Actually I watched it on the Adventureland/Frontierland side of the hub, a bit west of the Partners statue, but Tomorrowland would probably be better as we didn't see the Jack light orb from our vantage point (great view of everything else including the castle projections and Zero though). The parade spot I got at 8:15, but it was just my husband and me. If you have short children/strollers, you might want to try earlier or go to a less crowded area on the route. The second parade was a ghost town, so if you don't want to wait to find a spot for the first parade, just do the second. You could probably just walk up to a good spot when it starts for the second. Someone else in this thread reported fireworks projections on IASW and Main St buildings, so that would be another nice option if you don't care too much about Zero/the Jack orb.
Thanks Linkura! Maybe it was Figment that said they go up on the Tomorrowland side. Why couldn't you see the orb from where you were? Was it because of trees?

Here are is a comment about maxpass and the party tickets from Tom Bricker. First a question from a reader:
  • How did you find that MaxPasses were free for party goers?

Thanks for the info! We’ve been reading so much about our soon trip and no one has mentioned this!

• 244c15d34bd47de868aa22902f446b03
    Tom BrickerSeptember 22, 2017
    We did not attempt to do Mission Breakout.

We found out about MaxPass because Guy told us–he stumbled upon it while using the Disneyland app. We tested it ourselves with the same results.

Given that Disneyland has not advertised MaxPass being included, I’m wondering if this is a result of PhotoPass being included in the party ticket, and maybe something they haven’t figured out how to disable (yet)? If that’s the case, I wouldn’t count on having MaxPass during the later parties. That’s just a guess on my part, though

Well since we will already be in the parks all day and probably getting MaxPass anyways before using our party tickets, whether it's included or not we will already have it. Really sounds like a glitch though, will be interested to hear if it worked for others tonight.

What side is the Jack Orb on? I really want to be able to see this clearly as I am usually too far back in the crowd to clearly see this.

Can anyone confirm that Toy Story shuttles keep running until after Halloween parties finish?

For anyone that has attended the Toon town pre party - we want to meet the characters for a photo - is there one line for all of them or separate lines for each photo op? Thanks so much! First time ever going to this party :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter