2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

YYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

I hate to say 'I told you so' to the people who doubted what I was saying about the Disney Visa advance ticket purchases (though I think you were the only one who actually believed me!), but.... I really don't hate to say it at all.

So... I told you so, skeptics! :banana::banana: This is not my first Halloween Time rodeo... been doing this for many years... listen to the people in this thread who have been down this road before! :rotfl::cheer2::rotfl2:

I'm curious if anyone knows if I can buy the MHP tickets at the same time I'm buying the MHP Dining Package at the Blue Bayou. I don't have an annual pass or the Visa, so I am anxiously waiting until the 24th, when both the MHP public sales and the dining package sales start, so I'm curious if I'll be making two phone calls or if I can just call for the dining package and get the MHP tickets at the same time.

We want to go to the Tuesday October 3 party, but if that's not possible, we're there long enough we can go on the Friday October 6 party instead if tickets are still available. It's nice to have two dates to choose from.

Yes visa cardholders can purchase today - called right at 10 (7 PCT) waited approx 30 mins. Not sure if people were asking about taxes, but they are included in the $105 (or whatever price your day is).

Just an FYI that California doesn't charge taxes on entertainment tickets (movies, theatre, theme parks, etc). So tax isn't actually included because there are no taxes being charged.

Thanks! I'm pretty well-versed in navigating crazy crowds at DLR as are DH and both DDs. We don't mind. We are going over Gay Days weekend since that's when the district gave us Friday off. I'm actually a firm believer in HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Trade Off Rule. :goodvibes
You'll get the special snacks! Sometimes they put out different rainbow themed snack items to "honor" the weekend so to speak. Should be fun! (Also sent you a PM with some other helpful non-Halloween related tips :) )

I hate to say 'I told you so' to the people who doubted what I was saying about the Disney Visa advance ticket purchases (though I think you were the only one who actually believed me!), but.... I really don't hate to say it at all.

So... I told you so, skeptics! :banana::banana: This is not my first Halloween Time rodeo... been doing this for many years... listen to the people in this thread who have been down this road before! :rotfl::cheer2::rotfl2:
I was scarred after suddenly losing the Disney Visa early booking privileges for my Disney World Food and Wine trip this year- scarred I tell you! Once again, Disneyland restores my happiness :)

I was scarred after suddenly losing the Disney Visa early booking privileges for my Disney World Food and Wine trip this year- scarred I tell you! Once again, Disneyland restores my happiness :)

Every so often they deliver us a crushing blow or two, and it's easy to not trust what they are going to do next! And also, just when they seem to be following a certain pattern that we can trust, suddenly they change things up (like starting Halloween Time on 9/15, and starting MHP on a Wednesday?? :confused:). I think they do it just to cruelly toy with us.

Visa announcement says you can only buy tickets for certain dates and it only has 3 listed? Has anyone been able to buy for different dates before I call in?

Also I always rush to get these tickets bought and they never sell out for months...but I always worry and buy early. :)

Cardmembers get early access from July 17-23, 2017 to purchase advance tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party at the Disneyland® Park.
I take this to mean that you can buy tickets to any of the party nights now.

You can also use your Disney® Visa® Card to purchase discounted tickets for September 20, 25 and 27, 2017!
And this clarifies that there are only discounts on select nights in September. It's the use of "also" in the wording that made me think that this is a qualifier to the first sentence.

Has anyone reported/confirmed whether or not DVC members are able to buy advance purchase tickets yet? They usually have access the same time as AP/DRVC, but so far it seems like things have been quiet on that front.

The site says booking for the Blue Bayou party dining starts 7/24. Do you think they'll open all reservations at that point or is that when the appropriate 60-day windows begin?

Bought my tickets for Tuesday 10/3 :) (AP Holder, bought online, printable tickets.) I've never been before so even though I think the price is a little ridiculous, especially with no AP discount, I decided to do it anyway. Figure it'll probably be a one and done type deal for me.

The site says booking for the Blue Bayou party dining starts 7/24. Do you think they'll open all reservations at that point or is that when the appropriate 60-day windows begin?

I would venture a pretty confident guess that reservations will open on a day-by-day basis as the 60-day window opens up.

I know a lot of ppl are worried.. but I I trust the Statistics, tickets will not sell out for some weeks. So at least everyone is safe for the Open Sale....

My DW said NO to the second party due to the cost increase... So I will secure my Party tickets for one party, and I'm still trying to find some savings to justify the 2nd party....

Nobody has discussed this, but yes they are adding the ability to Hop with this year tickets.. but really, how many ppl attending will really find this useful? How many ppl will not have Park Hoppers anyway or AP's. this is just an excuse to increase the price....

Another topic... What will be the best method to complain to Disney the lack of AP discounts for the tickets? I mean only 3 parties? and all of them on Sept? really Disney?

Just an FYI that California doesn't charge taxes on entertainment tickets (movies, theatre, theme parks, etc). So tax isn't actually included because there are no taxes being charged.
Gotcha. I should have just said $105 is the total price (plus $5 for shipping - not applied to each ticket, but just to cover total shipping charges)

I got our tickets!!!!! We'll be there 9/25 woop woop! I used my Disney Visa and was pleasantly surprised that I was charged the Passholder price ($85) and not the Advance Ticket price ($95).

I am so excited!!!!!

What happens to those of us that are NOT paying to go to MHP? We will be there Sept 18-22. I imagine things will be super crowded from 3-6...but then we should be able to go over to CA during the party right?

Halloween Blog Post is up! What do you think about ride overlays? Doesn't mention RSR. Hoping that means there isn't a closure! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter