2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I haven't done a Disney World race yet -- so... this is good to know. At that rate, I may stay at Port Orleans and enjoy the high-end moderate pricing :) Princess room for Princess race makes for good themes .
Port Orleans is good too! I have stayed at both of the Port Orleans resorts for race weekends and they were good with transportation and whatnot. :)

We're testing it out in May (first time) and I'm really excited to see how it works for EPCOT. It looks to be fairly close and could be a great race hotel for the runDisney races.

Is it a really bad idea to stay off property? We never, ever stay on site. It's just WAY too expensive for us. Plus, this trip we'll have my parents and my brother and sister in law, and my 2 year old nephew. So 7 of us, total. We're making a family vacation out of it :lovestruc We were going to rent a house in Windsor Hills for all of us to share. I realize we'll have to leave the house with lots of extra time the morning of the race, but that's fine.

Is it a really bad idea to stay off property? We never, ever stay on site. It's just WAY too expensive for us. Plus, this trip we'll have my parents and my brother and sister in law, and my 2 year old nephew. So 7 of us, total. We're making a family vacation out of it :lovestruc We were going to rent a house in Windsor Hills for all of us to share. I realize we'll have to leave the house with lots of extra time the morning of the race, but that's fine.
I've never stayed off-site before, but I don't think so from what I've heard? Probably fine as long as you have a car and know your way around. :)

I've never stayed off-site before, but I don't think so from what I've heard? Probably fine as long as you have a car and know your way around. :)

Ok, cool!! I figured it would be ok but I haven't done Run Disney before, so just wanted to be sure! We go to WDW once a year and always stay off site, so we know how to get around super easily :D I'm excited!!

Ok, cool!! I figured it would be ok but I haven't done Run Disney before, so just wanted to be sure! We go to WDW once a year and always stay off site, so we know how to get around super easily :D I'm excited!!
The one thing to keep in mine is that there will be road closures for the races. They do a good job of outlining that in the event guide (it's posted on runDisney.com for this year's race if you want to check it out, should give you an idea of what to expect). And then you'd have to get to Wide World of Sports at some point for the expo.

The one thing to keep in mine is that there will be road closures for the races. They do a good job of outlining that in the event guide (it's posted on runDisney.com for this year's race if you want to check it out, should give you an idea of what to expect). And then you'd have to get to Wide World of Sports at some point for the expo.

Ok, I'll definitely check out the event guide for road closures!! Good to know the expo is at Wide World of Sports!! We'll have a rental car, for sure. If it were just me and my husband going like usual, we MIGHT have sprung for an on site room, for once; but with 7 people (including a 2 year old) I just don't see it happening.

Riverside is AMAZING! The Royal rooms are awesome. I do love the idea of a princess room for a princess race. If you're getting there early there is a running path down to FQ and back.

I always have to speak to how amazing the Royal rooms are, and the wonderful laid back nature at Riverside. The resort itself is just beautiful as well. If you want a low key resort that you can relax at without the price of a deluxe this is the resort you want to be at.

Ooh, Royal room would be so so fun! We are planning a big family vacation in May 2017, so I'm going to have to see what the plan is for that (and if I end up getting to register for 2017) before I start making room plans. We're new DVC members, so if possible I'd love to use points for this if we end up with enough left over (or maybe borrow from next year). However, if not, I might end up at a value or moderate.

Also, I've got to account for a potential Disney race when we're discussing whether to renew our APs :P They are expensive, but a short trip to Disney is pretty expensive too. All sorts of stuff to consider.

*edit* Just thought about this - if we used points for a race weekend, I'd probably end up going for the cheapest option, so Saratoga or Old Key West. Do they include race transportation, or are DVC resorts not included in the resort transportation to race stuff?

I've ALWAYS stayed off site in a Villa area in Clermont. I've done marathon weekend 4 different years and I've never had a problem *knocks on wood* arriving in time for the races. In fact I usually don't leave our villa until 4:00 am. I've never had issues with parking and traffic. For the record I come off of Rt- 127.

I've ALWAYS stayed off site in a Villa area in Clermont. I've done marathon weekend 4 different years and I've never had a problem *knocks on wood* arriving in time for the races. In fact I usually don't leave our villa until 4:00 am. I've never had issues with parking and traffic. For the record I come off of Rt- 127.

Oh, thanks so much for responding!! So glad to hear it will work out for us to stay off site!!

So exciting to see the PH finishing up - a happy reminder that it's only a year till it will all be happening :lovestruc! (And that we really need to start getting serious about training :scared1:/:Pinkbounc). We have the 10k coming up in April so we can get a sense of where we're at time-wise so the pedal REALLY needs to hit the metal - or "medal", in this case!

Totally normal to have a lull in training - I myself haven't run for 2 months now due to an injury. I'm hoping to start up again sometime in the next month or so...I'll be starting totally from scratch :eek:

I hope you're getting better!

Looks like Riverside, Royal Room. From the pics online, it's like every 8 year old girl's dream... or someone in her early-30s ;)

Royal Rooms are AMAZING. We stayed in one a few years ago and the details are incredible. They're a little further from food/front desk/etc but totally worth it!

Catching up: I bet it'll be a classic princess. From the list it seems like they've been alternating classic with newer, so I'm assuming someone like Snow White/Aurora, but I would love Merida!

We're DVC members so we'll probably book right at 11mos at SSR (only a few more weeks!) and then see if anything else is available once we can around 7mos out. However, we were thinking about shortening our pre-weekend trip and adding on a cruise following the race. Has anyone else done this?

I have to say, seeing my friends run the race this weekend and all the pictures coming from it has made me insanely jealous I didn't get back to training in time to run this year.

The good news... 1 Year To Go!!! :dogdance:

I am so glad I found this thread. My BBF and fellow Disney addict decided over the weekend to do a Disney run in 2017 and we are leaning toward the Princess weekend.

I have done a 5Ks before she has never done any race. So I know we are going to do the 5k, I may kick my training up a notch and go for the GSC as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter