2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney dining calculators exist?! Link?

http://www.distripplanner.com/

How much tax per adult & child? This in news to me...

I thought the previous posts were talking about tax for upgrading a free dining plan to a higher level, but I could be wrong. Hopefully a vet will answer this.

I am pretty sure the DDP already has tax included in the price? When I booked my BB, I only had QS at first but then did the math and decided to upgrade my plan. I only added the exact amount of the difference between the plans and it came out exactly what I was expecting..no added tax or anything like that.

Like I said I could be completely wrong and maybe I read incorrectly. I am hoping I did. But when I read it I also thought it made sense I had just never thought about it or experienced it before.

A seasoned free dining vet please chime in.

http://www.distripplanner.com/

Like I said I could be completely wrong and maybe I read incorrectly. I am hoping I did. But when I read it I also thought it made sense I had just never thought about it or experienced it before.

A seasoned free dining vet please chime in.
Oh okay.
Okay, no tax is added on when upgrading dining plans. The cost is only the difference between the plans, if you are upgrading and that is it. When you are paying your bill using the DDP, the tax is included and the only thing you pay from there is gratuity. Hopefully, that clears up some stuff :)

I don't have who originally wrote it but one of the posts said this:
"So although I've gone through this FD process for the past four years, I still need a refresher on what to do the morning of the release! Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or if you have a better way to do it. Scenario #1- Modifying or changing an existing reservation: Sign into MDE (I believe on a desktop, laptop, or tablet- how about on a cell phone? I'm not sure...) > My Reservations and Tickets > Change Reservations > Vacation Offer > Change > Choose Free Dining offer. Scenario #2- Creating a new reservation: go to disneyworld.disney.go.com > scroll to bottom of the page under header "Places to Stay" > Special Offers > Free Dining offer (I forget the exact verbiage, does anyone remember?) > Check Availability > Enter your preferred dates and either search All Resort Hotels or your chosen resort. Scenario #3- FD is released to Disney Visa card holders first: I believe you cannot modify, change, or make a new reservation for FD offer online, you must call Disney at 407-934-7639, or407-939-7639, or 407-939-7709, or 407-939-7675, or 407-939-4357 (phone numbers courtesy of prior poster- sorry I can't remember your name! As suggested by pp, just keep saying over and over "New Reservation" (even if it isn't) or "Agent" to skip all the prompts to get you to a live person. My best advice is to have alternative resorts (2nd choice, 3rd choice, etc.), room types (expect that standard rooms may be hard to come by at the MODs or Deluxes), and dates (+/- a day, different week, etc.) ready to refer to while online or on the phone with CM. I've gotten FD every year. I may not have gotten exactly what I originally planned for, but it always works out!"
Thank you!!!!

I would appreciate it if smebody would message me te name of their wonderful, magical agent. I have used one before but would like somebody who will search several hotels ad tell me te best deal and not just give me a price for a hotel I ask about. I am flexible. Kwim?
As far as I can tell we're not even supposed to message the name itself, but if you Google "magical agency exclusive deal" I guarantee you'll find what you're looking for in the results (on my computer, they appear in the first 1-2 results). I have contacted them and am in the process of evaluating where we will be staying, as our dates don't look like they're included in FD :(

I don't have who originally wrote it but one of the posts said this:
"So although I've gone through this FD process for the past four years, I still need a refresher on what to do the morning of the release! Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or if you have a better way to do it. Scenario #1- Modifying or changing an existing reservation: Sign into MDE (I believe on a desktop, laptop, or tablet- how about on a cell phone? I'm not sure...) > My Reservations and Tickets > Change Reservations > Vacation Offer > Change > Choose Free Dining offer. Scenario #2- Creating a new reservation: go to disneyworld.disney.go.com > scroll to bottom of the page under header "Places to Stay" > Special Offers > Free Dining offer (I forget the exact verbiage, does anyone remember?) > Check Availability > Enter your preferred dates and either search All Resort Hotels or your chosen resort. Scenario #3- FD is released to Disney Visa card holders first: I believe you cannot modify, change, or make a new reservation for FD offer online, you must call Disney at 407-934-7639, or407-939-7639, or 407-939-7709, or 407-939-7675, or 407-939-4357 (phone numbers courtesy of prior poster- sorry I can't remember your name! As suggested by pp, just keep saying over and over "New Reservation" (even if it isn't) or "Agent" to skip all the prompts to get you to a live person. My best advice is to have alternative resorts (2nd choice, 3rd choice, etc.), room types (expect that standard rooms may be hard to come by at the MODs or Deluxes), and dates (+/- a day, different week, etc.) ready to refer to while online or on the phone with CM. I've gotten FD every year. I may not have gotten exactly what I originally planned for, but it always works out!"
Thank you!!!

I just called Disney to add a person to my reservation and asked the CM if there was any pins attached to my name. There was not........I then asked if FD was going to be a promotion and he told me to check back later this spring for FD. i hope he was referring to the 25th.. :snooty:

Oh okay.
Okay, no tax is added on when upgrading dining plans. The cost is only the upgraded difference between the plans and that is it. When you are paying your bill using the DDP, the tax is included and the only thing you pay from there is gratuity. Hopefully, that clears up somethings :)

I think I may have caused some confusion and I apologize.I did a little more research on what I was thinking above and didn't find anything to support what I thought I read. I may have combined 2 different posts in my sleep deprived state as I wait for free dining to drop.

I think I may have caused some confusion and I apologize.I did a little more research on what I was thinking above and didn't find anything to support what I thought I read. I may have combined 2 different posts in my sleep deprived state as I wait for free dining to drop.
That happens to a lot of us this time of year :surfweb:

For some reason I read your post to mean that folks getting free dining also would pay tax on the would be dining costs... I got confused. Sorry, disregard.

I normally go with my brother and just room with him, but this year im going to get the card right before I go in sept and do a BB if one is offered for next year.

For some reason I read your post to mean that folks getting free dining also would pay tax on the would be dining costs... I got confused. Sorry, disregard.

No you weren't confused that's what I thought I had read, and I remember thinking "What?! How and why did I not know this?!" And then I thought it made sense because most "gifts" or "free" things you have to pay tax on eventually. But again, I think it was just me. It was probably when I was reading a post at 2:30am when I needed to sleep but I also needed to stay up incase free dining came out.

I just saw dads guide to WDW is posting rumored Disney Visa release for tomorrow and GP on Monday. Was that info on that site before today or is that new info?

I just went to check it out and the last update was yesterday at 7:59 PM. I don't know if the update was to add this information or something else? I'm curious as well! It appears as if its the most recent addition to his post, by the way he words it as the update to the update to the update, lol! But I can't tell for sure!

I am wondering if I used the right magical TA, I sent in a quote request 2 nights ago and still do not have an answer.....

Ha! Same here.... makes me all the firmer in my intentions to do this myself. At least I know I will answer myself when I ask a question....

I've been thinking about getting the Disney visa for the early booking perks but I'm probably to late for it to be useful right?

How long does the app/ approval take?

This is what the Dads are reporting.
Expect a Disney Visa promotion to hit on Thursday, April 21. The General Public promotion should be available on Monday, April 25.

The dates, as I thought were a little off, but only the starting day. It looks like it will start on August 23rd instead of the 14th. -

Last edited:
I am wondering if I used the right magical TA, I sent in a quote request 2 nights ago and still do not have an answer.....

That's unusual for them... I always hear back within a few hours.
My agent is awesome ;)

edit... Have you checked your junk mail/spam folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter