2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went 10/25-10/31 last year with FD, it was our first Disney trip and we had said we would wait until the youngest was 44" before we went back...well I mentioned to DH that it looked like FD would be back this year and he said "well, if we go again this year it saves us the cost of park tickets for DD2..." (he turns 3 in January).

well twist my arm! I'm here now hoping to get FD with the rest of you :D

Yes definitely save for tips and alcohol IF you drink
Yes, tips and wine are a financial consideration. I figure it is okay though because you do not pay tax on the portion of the meal that is included on the DDP. I consider it close enough to be a wash. Well, not for the the alcohol....I like wine. That is not a wash!

Please help me and let me know the best way to do this. We are going 8/16-8/24 with a split stay at the BC and Poly with 7 day tickets for around $3000 for 3 disney adults and 1 child. I booked through a travel agent with one of their specials. Would I be able to add free dining to this if it is available on my dates? If not, what would be the best way to get free dining for less or around the same money? I'm willing to change resorts even if my kids do not want to.

I have a FD question. My parents are Florida Residents and are considering joining us on our stay. Can they purchase a FD package with tickets and then upgrade the tickets to a Florida Resident Silver Annual Pass at the park? Looks like it's about $47 more than a 3 day ticket with park hopper. We are traveling on dates that aren't blacked out for the AP.
They sure can! This is what we always do and it makes FD a great deal, since the tickets are a wash.

CBR is my absolute favorite resort. POR is great too but CBR stole my heart. The resort is just beautiful and you really have the beach vibe going on. The beds are literally clouds. I've never slept on more comfortable beds than theirs! I highly recommend it. The bus stops take about 5-7 minutes (tops) to get around. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus either. Can't recommend it enough!
That is great to hear. I'm booked at CBR For the first time needed the sleep 5 option because my twins are brining their friend. I've really only heard negatives. So nice to hear someone that loves it!

I already have a reservation at CBR for Sept. 30. So, I will be able to change my reservation online to include FD when released on Monday or do I have to call?

Please help me and let me know the best way to do this. We are going 8/16-8/24 with a split stay at the BC and Poly with 7 day tickets for around $3000 for 3 disney adults and 1 child. I booked through a travel agent with one of their specials. Would I be able to add free dining to this if it is available on my dates? If not, what would be the best way to get free dining for less or around the same money? I'm willing to change resorts even if my kids do not want to.
No, you can't get free dining. FD HAS to be when you pay full price for a room AND a at least 2 day ticket WITH park hopper or water parks and more option. It sounds like you got a great deal. It could possibly be cheaper with FD IF you changed to a moderate but you're getting a smaller room and less amenities. Plus FD isn't slated/rumored to start until the 25th, so you would need to move your dates.

So If I called today, would it be updated on MDE before Monday, you think? So far, it doesn't look like Pop is excluded from FD, right? Thank you, RedWolf95 and WoodNymph, for your responses!
It would update in just an hour or so. I made a change last week and within the hour I it was all updated.

No you cannot add free dining to this special deal. If you want FD, you will have to pay rack rate for your room which can be pretty pricey at a Deluxe. Your best bet would be to stay at a moderate and book it yourself on the Disney website.

$3,000 is a fantastic price for a BC/Poly split stay, by the way. :) I would not touch this deal. You are doing to have a great time. Those two resorts are awesome. Truly - this is a good deal. :)

Okay, so I tried to price out your trip dates and both the Poly and the BC are sold out for your dates, unless you want to switch to Poly club level for $736 per night. Free dining requires you to pay rack rate for your room, so staying at a deluxe resort isn't always worth it with free dining.

If you switched to a standard view room at CBR then it would cost you $3,719.68 to get a free dining reservation.

Last edited:
I already have a reservation at CBR for Sept. 30. So, I will be able to change my reservation online to include FD when released on Monday or do I have to call?

If the website allows you to modify, yes.

It doesn't allow everyone to modify and it's spotty even when it does. There's no way to know until the time comes.

I'm really struggling to believe that any part of Thanksgiving weekend will be included in any FD promotion.

Three years ago we checked in on Thanksgivign Day. I needed to make two reservations, one day for TG, and then I booked the rest of my tip to capture the FD. It started the day after TG.

I went the Friday before Thanksgiving till the Monday after Thanksgiving back in 2002. Things shore have changed since then. During that entire trip it was very light when it came to crowds. Also, none of the Christmas decorations and activities started until Thanksgiving day itself. It was quite magical being there for 6 days with the regular off season look, and 4 days full with Holiday Cheer! My understanding now is that they phase out the Halloween, and transition to Christmas almost right away. Adds more time to enjoy the parties that way. Also, I hear that it is much busier than it use to be.

Three years ago it was CRAZY crowded!!!! Until Sunday that is, then the crowds thinned a lot.

I hope that was an isolated incident. I've got my eye on Coronado for my upcoming trip.

We stayed at CSR last December. I am not a fussy or nit picky person, but I woudl notice dirty. This resort was the opposite of dirty! It was absolutely beautiful. The room was spotless. The mousekeepers stocked plenty of linens for three women, and noticed we used what was there the first day, so they left extra after that.

The lobby and main building was absolutely gorgeous, with Holiday decorations that were understated, in a good way. I am a Holiday Osborne Lights kind of gal, but I appreciate beautifully appointed decorations and this resot knew how to do that.

The grounds were meticulously groomed, which was kind of tough. The plants were gone by, so the groundskeepers were working to trim them back all around the lake. That was one huge job! And as you walk through the resot, you circle the lake, which is lovely. Anyoen who likes to photograph lakes and reflections, will be in Heaven.

Please remember that I did not like this resort....and I cannot find one thing to complain about. It was not the resort, it was me. I just did not like the theme as much as other Disney resorts. One more thing, if you want business class, book it right away. I did not and it was gone! Never to be available agiain for our stay.

Our 180 day for making dining reservations is Monday....how difficult is it going to be for me to get online at 6am to make my reservations if free dining is announced! ?

For the last few tips, my 180 day mark was the same as opening for BOG lunch, or the FD offers. It was a nightmare. I am sorry. :(

No, you can't get free dining. FD HAS to be when you pay full price for a room AND a at least 2 day ticket WITH park hopper or water parks and more option. It sounds like you got a great deal. It could possibly be cheaper with FD IF you changed to a moderate but you're getting a smaller room and less amenities. Plus FD isn't slated/rumored to start until the 25th, so you would need to move your dates.
Thanks so much. I'll keep what I have.

I need a little instruction. I have never booked online brfore, but if I can secure dates more easily, Iam willing to forgo sleep in order to see if the offer drops duing the night.

Is thee a code or is the offer generally on the website and you follow the prompts? I am looking for the BC, December 10 the December 18, and as it happens, I had just talked my cheap self into buying Hoppers, so including them won't be any issue.

FOr a long time the offers all needed codes, and I don't want to miss this one because I got confused.

TIA!!!

Silly question....does anyone know if the refillable mug designed has changed? I just can't imagine have 4 more of that same design kicking around the house.

I am booked under that deal, and I can tell you that free dining is nowhere near as good of a deal as that. I am staying at poly for 10 days and my price is cheaper than free dining at CBR would be. you can't add free dining or dining at all to that deal. I don't see you beating that price.

So If I called today, would it be updated on MDE before Monday, you think? So far, it doesn't look like Pop is excluded from FD, right? Thank you, RedWolf95 and WoodNymph, for your responses!
Yeah, I would think if you called today and changed your reservations it would reflect those changes on MDE almost immediately.

I need a little instruction. I have never booked online brfore, but if I can secure dates more easily, Iam willing to forgo sleep in order to see if the offer drops duing the night.

Is thee a code or is the offer generally on the website and you follow the prompts? I am looking for the BC, December 10 the December 18, and as it happens, I had just talked my cheap self into buying Hoppers, so including them won't be any issue.

FOr a long time the offers all needed codes, and I don't want to miss this one because I got confused.

TIA!!!

Go to the drop down at the top (I think it's things to do), click special offers, click free dining, click "check availability from the FD offer.

TIA!!!
Jus clickon the offer and pick a room add to your cart. It's that simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter