2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone was successful! I was up at 4am CST and saw it and ran some prices (I would have been able to get what I was wanting) but last night DH and I had a big discussion on when we want to go versus wanting free dining and the choice of going in Jan won out. Now lets hope they open up Jan soon and offer a comparable deal. I know there is no free dining, but I wonder how a Play Stay and Dine will measure when it comes to dollars saved.

No POFQ at all, but that seems to be the usual. POR has some dates available but not in Nov. or Dec. Disney's Port Orleans – Riverside is excluded during the following dates: November 15 to 21, November 26 to 28 and December 10 to 21, 2016.
If you read the offer details on the wdw site, neither are mentioned in the exclusions at the bottom

We were garden view in AB, building 17 I believe. Had a quiet pool next to us, but kind of a long winding walk to the food court and main pool area. The view was nothing special, just better than staring at a parking lot. I'd like to stay there again, but would pay for a preferred building next time.

Thanks!

I was online at 3:30 ( 4:30 Disney time) and it took a while, but I was able to modify mine to get what we where wanting! It was weird though, we are a family if 6 ( 2 A, DS17, DD15, DS12 and DD1) and we book the preferred HC room with roll in shower at POR. When I logged on this morning I clicked "change" and I got a message that there where no offers for my room, dates or party size. I tried logging out and back in, going through the special offers page and refreshing but nothing worked. I then opened another window and put in my info like I was going to book to new reservation just to see what was open. I did not put in the Hc request because I knew that I already had that room booked so it would not show up. It sowed that the only thing available was a pool view so I logged back into my account and instead of clicking on change by special offers I click on the option to change my room ( just out of curiosity). It was showing that there was nothing available then the screen blinked and a popup came on that said that dinning had been added to my offer and I could change it at check out. I clicked ok and low and behold the offer had been added to my room. I did not have to change anything. Very weir, but I got it.
ETA our dates are 9/15-9/22

Last edited:
Shut out. Not valid at POR for my dates. Oh well - will now have to keep an eye out for fall room discount offer. Last year those came out mid-July.

Shut out. Not valid at POR for my dates. Oh well - will now have to keep an eye out for fall room discount offer. Last year those came out mid-July.
No no no. They were related today too! Hope you've realised!!!

Discounts up until Nov 5th.

I don't know. Stay/Play/Dine is a similar offer, but not the same.
Maybe there are more restriction/longer stay required? I just priced it and got the same price for my stay (but it's a 7 night stay). So that may be it? So confusing!

I'm trying to help my in-laws with their reservation. FIL is in a wheelchair and can't walk/drive. They are wanting to go to Universal one day but are wondering if there is a bus that will take them there from CBR.

Also, he is retired military and will be calling at some point today to find out the price for the discount. Do they get their choice of resort or do they have to stay at Shades of Green? If the free dining is a better discount for them, they will just stay at CBR.

I got the Disney Visa email, clicked the link, and it took me to the Disney website. It then gave me FD offer & a separate Disney Visa offer, and there was different inventory for each (example: FD regular offer: no Coronado Springs available; Disney Visa offer: lots of CS available, including standard). HURRY!!!
Not sure why I haven't received the email yet? Are the offers you see strictly for that August 14 range? Or are you looking for a different time and are just noticing improved inventory?

Well I was just able to get into ASM, wasn't really my greatest choice but its definitely a good deal. We wanted Pop, don't really know anything about ASM.
Questions- If you already have adr's how do I get them switched to the dining plan? Can I get CRT switched over as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter