2015 sail dates?

I haven't sailed Europe, yet. But we were on the Fantasy back in January when Florida had an unusual cold snap. It was between 50 and 55 F on embarkation day. There were tons of people (particularly kids) in the pools. The lifeguard were wearing pants rolled up, winter coats, and ski caps, though!

We were on your cruise. I thought the sea days were cold and windy. I guess I'm spoiled coming from southern California. I don't think January is my month of choice for a Caribbean cruise. I much prefer the September sweltering heat.

We were on your cruise. I thought the sea days were cold and windy. I guess I'm spoiled coming from southern California. I don't think January is my month of choice for a Caribbean cruise. I much prefer the September sweltering heat.

We're from WA, so it was actually warmer in Florida than here - except for our last day there (5 days post cruise) when it was 44 and pouring rain!

I didn't actually swim on the sea days. Just the Cozumel day!

Anyone ever book a cruise on cash then call back and use DVC points? Is there a time limit on when one can do this?

We're from WA, so it was actually warmer in Florida than here - except for our last day there (5 days post cruise) when it was 44 and pouring rain!

I didn't actually swim on the sea days. Just the Cozumel day!

We swam in GC and Cozumel. Loved the water. I can't swim in the ocean in California Brrrr. The water is my favorite thing about the Caribbean. We visited Universal before and after and it was pretty chilly. I know it was just a bad year, but it's scared me off from Florida in the winter. I don't want to go anywhere cold unless it's skiing. We are considering a Dec cruise, but I think the festive Christmas vibe will offset any bad weather.

Obviously I was clueless on prices! We've only done 3 night cruise and planning 4 night in November. I was hoping we could splurge a little and do 7 night Europe or Alaska. But after checking prices, alas it is not to be. When I factor in airfare and then all those port activities we want to try, it blows our $10,000 budget for family of 4.

Sad, but at this time in our lives we just can't do it.

I am still blessed and will just 'have' to enjoy the shorter cruises instead! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Best wishes to everyone booking today!!

Marshay, I think a 10K budget will work for 4 on an Alaska trip. That is our budget, and I'm making it happen! You can save a ton by booking your own excursions instead of doing the DCL ones. Also, check flight prices into Seattle instead of Vancouver. They tend to cost much less even with the added transportation cost of getting from Seattle to Vancouver. PM me if you want more info.

Jodie

Marshay, I think a 10K budget will work for 4 on an Alaska trip. That is our budget, and I'm making it happen! You can save a ton by booking your own excursions instead of doing the DCL ones. Also, check flight prices into Seattle instead of Vancouver. They tend to cost much less even with the added transportation cost of getting from Seattle to Vancouver. PM me if you want more info.

Jodie

Agree you can save a lot of $ by booking direct and having your own trips.

I've been told they only sleep 3. Not all 5C rooms sleep 4 either.

And you guys should see my list for room preference. I think I have my top 50 choices on there in order, LOL! Hopefully I get one of them!
Thanks, and I would LOVE to see your list!! That's what I'm struggling the most with is how to tell my TA what to book.

Jodie

Agree you can save a lot of $ by booking direct and having your own trips.
The Alaska ports are all very walkable, with fun things to see.

Thanks, and I would LOVE to see your list!! That's what I'm struggling the most with is how to tell my TA what to book.

Your priorities may be different than mine, but I just PMd you with why I chose what I did and my list. I hope it helps!

:offtopic: Interesting side note. I guess Alaska is the state with the most people who walk to work per capita than any other.
That is interesting! I've found the ports very walkable. Of course I'm glad I never tried to walk them in the dead of winter. :scared:

Your priorities may be different than mine, but I just PMd you with why I chose what I did and my list. I hope it helps!
:thumbsup2 Very helpful! I PMd you back. :thanks: again!

San Diego/nowhere/Ensenada cruisers. I put a hold on both the two night to nowhere and the three night San Diego Ensenada on the Wonder in May. My reservation confirmation emails BOTH say two night to Nowhere. I thought I had mistakenly done the two night twice in my haste to book this morning so I went on the website to book the three night and sure enough my new confirmation email says two night to nowhere as well. Anyone else find this happen to them?

San Diego/nowhere/Ensenada cruisers. I put a hold on both the two night to nowhere and the three night San Diego Ensenada on the Wonder in May. My reservation confirmation emails BOTH say two night to Nowhere. I thought I had mistakenly done the two night twice in my haste to book this morning so I went on the website to book the three night and sure enough my new confirmation email says two night to nowhere as well. Anyone else find this happen to them?

My reservation says the same for the 3nighter and my travel agent did it. I think its a mistake on their side DCL. When I look at the itinerary it shows the 3nights. Cant wait!:cool1::yay::woohoo:

Anyone ever book a cruise on cash then call back and use DVC points? Is there a time limit on when one can do this?

We have done this serveral times however after the 2010 Baltic cruise there is a limit of the number of DVC rooms per category. So the sooner you make your decision the better.

We have done this serveral times however after the 2010 Baltic cruise there is a limit of the number of DVC rooms per category. So the sooner you make your decision the better.

Sometimes you can cancel and immediately get the same room though.

You can save a ton by booking your own excursions instead of doing the DCL ones. Jodie

Jodie,

How can I find excursion that won't be booked through, DCL. Those prices are freaking me out and we're not even going until next year.

Jodie,

How can I find excursion that won't be booked through, DCL. Those prices are freaking me out and we're not even going until next year.

You just have to do some googling. I usually start with Tripadvisor. Just google "tripadvisor Juneau" and you'll see a list of activities you can do on your own there.

Jodie

Marshay, I think a 10K budget will work for 4 on an Alaska trip. That is our budget, and I'm making it happen! You can save a ton by booking your own excursions instead of doing the DCL ones. Also, check flight prices into Seattle instead of Vancouver. They tend to cost much less even with the added transportation cost of getting from Seattle to Vancouver. PM me if you want more info. Jodie

Thanks for your reply!

What room type are you getting? DH says we want a verandah (and I agree) since we used it a lot on our 3 night and I imagine we will use it even more on a longer cruise. When I priced it for 4, I'm getting to $7,500 - $8,500 just for the room....that doesn't leave much for flights, getting to ship and port excursions.

We are still considering ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!