2015 Rates and Dates

I'll join this thread. Looking at either September or October of 2015. Trying to decide which will be better. Doing a split stay between Disney and universal. I have the plans in my head now I want to book. So does anyone know which resorts they want to stay at, etc..

Will either stay at Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian. How about you?

If you knew you were going in 2015, you should have booked a Bounce Back deal while there. Sorry if you missed out. That way you could change is something better came up or at least had the % off or FD depending on the dates. We booked last year for this year and got FD. It ended up being the best deal we have seen so far. Even with it being more than 12 months, a manager should have allowed you to book in the next calendar year. They did with us.

I think the calendar opened up officially in August last year for the following year. The resort pricing was announced as well. Good luck.

If the OP was just there, there wouldn't have been a BB to book for next year as the 2015 rates aren't even out yet. BBs for the following year don't usually come out until Oct/Nov, with the exception of a FD BB, which is usually offered in August/September for FD the next year in September.

Ok, so someone stated that the rates could come out between now and August. I just want to add another question. When are we allowed to start booking for summer of 2015?

You can book RO now by calling, but if you want a package or want to book online, you have to wait until the 2015 rates are released, which should be sometime mid-July.

I am waiting for September 2015 packages as well.
I have our room only booked right now but I need tickets and I am hoping for FD

You may already be aware of this, but wanted to mention that if you change from RO to a package, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (or payment in full if this is done 45 days or less from arrival). Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

I do know that about the refunds now. I did not know it until after I booked my RO and put I big chunk down. I guess I will pay the $200 for the package when it comes out, then wait until I get the refund then apply the rest at that time.
I do wish I knew that when I booked my RO.

June 2015 for me :) We're also honeymooning, our dates are June 1-7!

I've been in touch with a TA and she told me mid July they believe the dates will be released, but i'm pretty sure we told me we couldn't book a package until August? But I could be making that up, haha. That in July it was RO? We plan on placing our deposit in August, as we have a change jar collecting haha.

I do know that about the refunds now. I did not know it until after I booked my RO and put I big chunk down. I guess I will pay the $200 for the package when it comes out, then wait until I get the refund then apply the rest at that time.
I do wish I knew that when I booked my RO.

We have had refunds show up within 2-3 days of cancelling and although it is dependent on your bank and how quickly they process it (Disney tells you it would take up to 2 billing cycles), most of the time you will see your refund a lot sooner than that. You could also book your package under a hold and have 7 days to make the deposit. You are still booked and get a confirmation number, but you could wait a few days to see if your refund comes through before making the new deposit. You do have to make the $200 deposit by the 7th day or it will automatically cancel, but it would give you some time if you wanted to wait for the refund on the RO ;).

June 2015 for me :) We're also honeymooning, our dates are June 1-7!

I've been in touch with a TA and she told me mid July they believe the dates will be released, but i'm pretty sure we told me we couldn't book a package until August? But I could be making that up, haha. That in July it was RO? We plan on placing our deposit in August, as we have a change jar collecting haha.

I'm not sure why your TA told you that, but packages can be booked as soon as the new rates are released :goodvibes.

If you knew you were going in 2015, you should have booked a Bounce Back deal while there. Sorry if you missed out. That way you could change is something better came up or at least had the % off or FD depending on the dates. We booked last year for this year and got FD. It ended up being the best deal we have seen so far. Even with it being more than 12 months, a manager should have allowed you to book in the next calendar year. They did with us.

I think the calendar opened up officially in August last year for the following year. The resort pricing was announced as well. Good luck.

The bounceback offers for 2015 have not been released.

I too am itching :yay:

I am coming in January (with a friend who is coming for the first time!) for the marathon weekend, so can't wait to book the room and start making plans :)

We're going for marathon weekend too! I can't wait to book our room!

Does anyone know how many times a it Disney releases free dining specials? Or price specials? I am DVC with AP and awaiting prices for Jan 2015, I was told to watch for an update in August for 2015 prices

We are also waiting for 2015 rates to be set so that we can determine our trip budget. We are going in April 2015 over Easter. Does anyone know if they offer AAA rates during that time..I do not think that any other offers occur the 2 weeks around Easter. Thank you!

And I don't know but must ask- what is a bouncebqck special???

During your stay at the resorts in a folder you'll receive an offer to come back at a room only discount. You have to book during your stay and here's a number you can call to make reservations. Traditionally the offer is for the same year but if your stay is later in the year I believe Oct. through December you'll get the bounce back for for the next year.
We're staying this year 2014 in November so hoping for a 2015 bounce back

We are looking to go sept 2015 hopefully for free dining. This year I noticed you could not get standard view for free dining at the WL only woods view or higher. Is that always the case?

We are looking to go sept 2015 hopefully for free dining. This year I noticed you could not get standard view for free dining at the WL only woods view or higher. Is that always the case?

Yes we are staying at WL in November during free dinning with a courtyard view room. All the resorts are included except a few restrictions of some mod resorts, and the little mermaid standard rooms at AofA. We booked the first day of free dining for WL as there are limited amount of rooms available at each resort for this offer. All rooms were included at WL : )
Once the rates for 2015 come out then look for a free dining thread that I am sure will follow. Lots of great information on release dates of free dining on these threads : )

So if I'm going in Sept 2014, was hoping for a BB for a June 2015 14 day stay with kids, I may not get a 2015 BB?

What resorts/room categories are offered depends on which room types Disney needs to fill when they offer a promo. Sometimes standard rooms are offered and sometimes they're not, it just depends on what needs to be filled.

So if I'm going in Sept 2014, was hoping for a BB for a June 2015 14 day stay with kids, I may not get a 2015 BB?

The BB offered in September (if there is one) will most likely be FD for select dates in September 2015. BBs for other dates in 2015 probably won't come out until Nov/Dec.

During your stay at the resorts in a folder you'll receive an offer to come back at a room only discount. You have to book during your stay and here's a number you can call to make reservations. Traditionally the offer is for the same year but if your stay is later in the year I believe Oct. through December you'll get the bounce back for for the next year.
We're staying this year 2014 in November so hoping for a 2015 bounce back

Wow! So, upon my reading of the other posts, it looks like that IF I could be savvy enough, AND IF I do my research, that I could allow my bouncebqck to overlap with free dining and perhaps a sweet CM will allow me to qualify for that with a park ticket purchase?

Next question......over the years do the FD dates vary? And how to predict when FD offered???

Awesome!

Wow! So, upon my reading of the other posts, it looks like that IF I could be savvy enough, AND IF I do my research, that I could allow my bouncebqck to overlap with free dining and perhaps a sweet CM will allow me to qualify for that with a park ticket purchase?

Next question......over the years do the FD dates vary? And how to predict when FD offered???

Awesome!

I haven't had my coffee yet, :surfweb:so forgive me if I am misunderstanding your post - but you cannot book a bounceback offer and qualify for any other discounts. :)

Wow! So, upon my reading of the other posts, it looks like that IF I could be savvy enough, AND IF I do my research, that I could allow my bouncebqck to overlap with free dining and perhaps a sweet CM will allow me to qualify for that with a park ticket purchase? Next question......over the years do the FD dates vary? And how to predict when FD offered??? Awesome!

Yes previous poster is right ... You can only use one promotion on a reservation. So for a bounce back offer you could not add free dining and visa versa : )
I'm going this November during free dining so I'm using that offer on my reservation, but hope to get a bounce back for 2015 with a room only discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter