2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

I managed, with minor tweaks to my schedule, to get just about every ADR i wanted. I got 'Ohana, Chef Mickeys, Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine breakfasts & TRex's, Rainforest Café and Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner. I even got an ADR for BOG for dinner!!! What couldn't I get? The Garden Grill & Coral Reef for dinner. Darn Food & Wine festival.
GOt BOG and CRt at 17h-17h30.. fantasmic hollywood and vine lunch, ohana breakfast, Trex, cristal palace before park opening, sci-fi, tutto italanio. I'M a very happy girl today!! NOw.. stree for airplane and end of august for fast pass lol

GOt BOG and CRt at 17h-17h30.. fantasmic hollywood and vine lunch, ohana breakfast, Trex, cristal palace before park opening, sci-fi, tutto italanio. I'M a very happy girl today!! NOw.. stree for airplane and end of august for fast pass lol
Im with you. Hoping to get my usually airfare rate, and I have no idea what I even want for fastpasses right now.

I just got CSR free dining! I don't know if it's worth it though because we are only going to be there 3 nights, 2 days in the parks. It is $300 more than the reservation that I have for POR room only. There are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. Opinions?? We have never been to Disney World, but know food can be very expensive!

Were you planning on getting park hoppers? Because I think those are about 68x4=276 extra that you are paying just to get the free dining package. If your kids are young then you save about 160 per day for the DDP. That's 320 total. I would suggest looking at restaurant prices online and try to figure what you would spend, add that to your room cost (with possibly. RO discount?). Then add ticket prices. See if thAts cheaper than your FD package.

I managed, with minor tweaks to my schedule, to get just about every ADR i wanted. I got 'Ohana, Chef Mickeys, Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine breakfasts & TRex's, Rainforest Café and Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner. I even got an ADR for BOG for dinner!!! What couldn't I get? The Garden Grill & Coral Reef for dinner. Darn Food & Wine festival.

Happy for you! I have been trying all week to get dinner at Ohana the week of 9/7-9/15 but nothing is open but late times. I will keep stalking!

I'm so nervous abut my ADRs! They're Monday morning, and I'm still trying to get anything set up. I think CP & BOG are my biggest concerns. Hoping that since they're later in the week, I have a shot.

I'm so nervous abut my ADRs! They're Monday morning, and I'm still trying to get anything set up. I think CP & BOG are my biggest concerns. Hoping that since they're later in the week, I have a shot.
I had no problem with BOG, but that is probably because it was 190 days out

I had no problem with BOG, but that is probably because it was 190 days out

My day will be roughly 187 days out when I book it, so fingers crossed I get something. Timing for that is flexible, I'll take anything from 5 to close essentially. I want a pre-open CP for that same day, so those two are first. The rest of my ressies aren't too high in demand, I don't think(rather, hope)

My day will be roughly 187 days out when I book it, so fingers crossed I get something. Timing for that is flexible, I'll take anything from 5 to close essentially. I want a pre-open CP for that same day, so those two are first. The rest of my ressies aren't too high in demand, I don't think(rather, hope)
Good Luck! I hope you get everything you want. Funny enough, the 2 that I thought I would have no trouble with, I will now need to stalk because there was nothing available.

Your not getting cash off the gift cards. Here is the basic math.

They offer .10 or .20 of a gallon of gas up to 30 gallons. for every $50 in gc you purchase. The .1-.20 off can be cumulative.

So If im planing I Disney trip I Normally buy like 4 - 5k in Disney gift cards

I wait most of the time for them to offer the .20 fuel perks reward.

$5,000 / $50 = 100 gift cards

100 gc x .20 discount = $20 off gas

$20 x 30 gallons = $600 in free gas.

Which is basically 12% off the price of Disney vacation.

No if you combine this with cash back credit card or Disney credit card. the savings can jump by 1-3% also, because the purchase of gift cards is basically in the class of buying groceries. So that's another $50-150 in real moneyish.
I took a screenshot of this - lol! To show my DH - I did it this way last year but never put the math down (he's a CPA but leaves disney to me; however , he prefers me to show him numbers!)

My day will be roughly 187 days out when I book it, so fingers crossed I get something. Timing for that is flexible, I'll take anything from 5 to close essentially. I want a pre-open CP for that same day, so those two are first. The rest of my ressies aren't too high in demand, I don't think(rather, hope)[/QUOTEHAd
I have BOG for 17h15 and it was at 185 days

this morning at 6, one time on two there where error messages ..with determinate, I success to have all adrs done and rellay happy..got BOG for 17h15
Ya you got bragging rights to say you got your BOG dinner and then after you go you can say you went. :lmao:
:woohoo: Congrats! Glad you got what you were hoping for.
And to all the rest that got your ADRs :cheer2: for you too.

Another quick question, IF MK close a 7 because of halloween party, if I dont have a ticket for this party, can I still book a table at BOG or CRT at let say 6 oclock
We actually love booking dinners like this. We alternate between MNSSHP and water parks every other year, so the years we don't do the party we book a dinner as late as possible so that we can slowly enjoy our dinner and then be walked out. Last time we are at BOG so by the the we finally got seated and served, we were being walked out as the Boo to You parade was starting :). We couldn't stop and watch it of course, but we could see small snip it's of it as we were leaving the park and we stood at the turnstiles and listened to the music. We have a late BOG this year as well on my daughter's birthday at her urging!

Good Luck! I hope you get everything you want. Funny enough, the 2 that I thought I would have no trouble with, I will now need to stalk because there was nothing available.
Oh boy! Since we're on the dining plan, we technically have 9 TS credits to play with, but I've planned more, just in case one isn't available or we change our minds. When I ask for an opinion, I get, "Ohana. Every reservation." As long as I get one there, I think my bf will be happy.

I took a screenshot of this - lol! To show my DH - I did it this way last year but never put the math down (he's a CPA but leaves disney to me; however , he prefers me to show him numbers!)

Im sorry :rolleyes:, me too pre kids, I drive my husband nuts with how my brain works with money concepts.

It best to wait for a .20 offer and buy as many as you can. They come in $ amts of 3-$15(45) , $25, $50, $100, $500. If you dont see the $ amt you want just ask the service desk. Normally they have more in the back.

I haven't tried this yet, and its still foggy to me. But Im thinking of opening a Disney Vacation account to store the gift cards and get the extra money off there.

Im so hooked on the gift cards and having a grand time buying them and filling up my car and gas cans... I dont know if I can go back to just a plain old saving accounts lol zzzzz :cat:.

Just so that we don't confuse everyone, these are the dates for the return of the free dining bounce back historically. So, if you are attending the parks between mid August and often early to mid November, they will offer a free dining bounce back to return in August to early October the next year with free dining. There are also often some room only discounts that I believe are different dates.
Do you know what historical BB offers are for early December? Thank you!

Need opinions. If you had to choose from Contemporary, Poly or GF, which would you choose and why?

What couldn't I get? The Garden Grill & Coral Reef for dinner.
If you really want Coral Reef, have you thought about lunch? Its the same menu so same good value to max out your DP whether lunch or dinner. Best wishes!

If you really want Coral Reef, have you thought about lunch? Its the same menu so same good value to max out your DP whether lunch or dinner. Best wishes!
I didnt really think about that. Thanks for the idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter