2015 Christmas Parade Taping?

At least they should be able to get the Christmas tree up in town square before the middle of December.

This will certainly mess up people's vacations who are going at this time frame.

And these dates are over the Veteran's Day Holiday?

At least they should be able to get the Christmas tree up in town square before the middle of December.

Wow, that's early. I’m so hoping then the tree will be up for our 1st trip December 7! They have no excuse now. I was no liking that people said it wouldn’t be up and looked like we would miss it.

This will certainly mess up people's vacations who are going at this time frame.

And these dates are over the Veteran's Day Holiday?
Yes. The holiday is 11 November 2015.

What a relief as we are going early December. Sorry to those traveling in November who thought they would avoid this.

Why is it so bad that I want to avoid? Crowds? I was hoping since it's during the week and was just announced and at a different time than usual that my vacation would be safe from extreme crowds.

I'm also a little excited about possible celebrity spottings does anyone know who will be in parade?

We were there during the taping last year. It's super crowded along Main St and all around the castle, but the rest of the park is fine. They do try to keep a path clear to get through, but it was not easy to get around. We had no desire to watch the "parade", we just wanted to get through to the rest of the park. It's not the usual parade, they only send one float/group/car through at a time and then there was a gap until the next one came by. They did the musical acts early in the morning before opening. I think you needed a special pass to get in to be in the crowd.

During the parade, the security folks were not the friendliest. We were trying to get through to fantasyland to get to our FP+ for 7DMT, but they wouldn't let us cross over anywhere. By noon or so they were done taping and everything was back to normal.

Hi everyone. My family and I have the choice of going to MK on Friday the 13th or Saturday the 14th. Initially we chose friday because of lower crowd levels with the Christmas party, but now this is getting me worried! Should we switch to sat or keep friday? We are not interested in watching the parade, only the rides. Will we even be able to enter/exit through Main Street? Also, we will be there for rope drop, so does that still work the same if they are filming at park opening? Never had to deal with this before, so any help would be appreciated!:)

Has anyone ever been in MK during the taping of the Christmas parade? I will be there during the taping. I am hoping the parade will work to my benefit and there will be shorter wait times for rides. Thoughts?!

Has anyone ever been in MK during the taping of the Christmas parade? I will be there during the taping. I am hoping the parade will work to my benefit and there will be shorter wait times for rides. Thoughts?!

Hi everyone. My family and I have the choice of going to MK on Friday the 13th or Saturday the 14th. Initially we chose friday because of lower crowd levels with the Christmas party, but now this is getting me worried! Should we switch to sat or keep friday? We are not interested in watching the parade, only the rides. Will we even be able to enter/exit through Main Street? Also, we will be there for rope drop, so does that still work the same if they are filming at park opening? Never had to deal with this before, so any help would be appreciated!:)

We didn't get there at rope drop, so I can't comment on that, but once you get past the Hub you'll be fine. You'll just have to work your way through the crowd to one side or the other - I would suggest not trying to go directly to fantasyland.

Entering the park was fine, there was no mention of the parade being taped or anything out of the ordinary by the CM's at the gate. I think most of the people who were set up to watch the parade were there for quite a while.

We didn't get there at rope drop, so I can't comment on that, but once you get past the Hub you'll be fine. You'll just have to work your way through the crowd to one side or the other - I would suggest not trying to go directly to fantasyland.

Entering the park was fine, there was no mention of the parade being taped or anything out of the ordinary by the CM's at the gate. I think most of the people who were set up to watch the parade were there for quite a while.

Ok thanks for the info. I have heard though that the days that the castle segments are filmed are much more manageable than the days that the floats are filmed. Do you know if Disney releases this information as part of the filming schedule? If so when can we expect to find out?

Hi everyone. Sorry to bump this thread. Can anyone offer any info as to how rope drop works during parade taping days? Does the welcome show still go on? Also, will we still be allowed to walk up main street/through the shops, or will we be routed directly into the bypass? I would be very appreciative if anyone who has had experience with this can comment, as I am trying to decide whether or not to change our plans!

Very curious also about the logistics of entering the park ...will be there with a large student group.

Yes, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!! Would just like to be informed and prepared before I keep the plans I already have.

I personally think it will be super crowded this year. The parks are having record attendance this year and this parade is a huge draw. We were there once during the parade and it was very crowded, may depend on the year! We started at Epcot and should have stayed there! I'd be prepared, just sayin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter