2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

epcot parking lot is full today due to marathon so everyone is being sent to mk not sure if park itself is closed even ak lot id almost full!

I left the park after my tequila lunch and it was as crowded as I have ever seen it.

But is cooling way down and may rain. Might clear some folks out

at deminar for rocky road potstickers chefs look amazing what we got are cold overcooked and so hard you have to use back of fork to break them like a sledgehammer

Help?? I went to the demo hosted by the chef at Jiko. I have misplaced the recipe for the buffalo and spoon bread. Would anyone happen to have it?

at deminar for rocky road potstickers chefs look amazing what we got are cold overcooked and so hard you have to use back of fork to break them like a sledgehammer

Sorry. I didn't do any food demos this year and was actually pleased with the quality at the wine and mixology seminars. (Once the drunks left that one wine seminar)

Did the tequila lunch Saturday. Amazing food. Loved it all. Still not on love with Tequila but would do this again.

tiriggs1 said:
Help?? I went to the demo hosted by the chef at Jiko. I have misplaced the recipe for the buffalo and spoon bread. Would anyone happen to have it?

Bump

Sorry. I didn't do any food demos this year and was actually pleased with the quality at the wine and mixology seminars.

Although I still have issues with the way they are running the mixology seminars I did enjoy 2 of the 3.

ZU Vodka - was a total waste of time. serving vodka straight, then with cider then with egg nog is not mixology..they did not even bother with the nutmeg for the vodka and egg nog. It was a very cheesy commercial for a very average vodka IMO. This guy just showed up.

Infinium Spirits - although another commercial the drinks were good and the stories were good.

Troy & Sons Moonshine was really well done. I would have just gone to hear her talk...but the drinks were really good and her whole story is quite interesting

As for the f&W booths I was quite disappointed overall. Food was very hit or miss. One day an item would be really good and the next day terrible. Some of the better items from last year were almost tasteless this year.

The small beers - although it seems to make sense to cut down on the over drinking it did not and waiting that long for a beer that was barley a taste was just not worth it. The been selection in the Wave was far better and the bartender (Brie) was extremely knowledgeable. I spent a lot more time drinking in different resort hotels this year and chatting with the staff. I still spent a ton of time walking around Epcot but I only got beers in Canada, Germany and Norway where they were worth the wait

One thing that was a lot of fun was the Epcot F&W late night live. I was a little iffy on whether it would be worth the price, but overall I think everyone (including the Epcot staff) had a really good time and I'd recommend it. I did take a ton of pictures at the dance party on November 6th so Ill see about posting them on Flickr for people who were there and would like the pix.

Finally - in talking with the staff they claimed this was the busiest F&W ever. They reordered a bunch of stuff during the festival and still ran out of things before the end.

Although I won't be back it was obvious that it was far busier last week than the same week the previous year and was very profitable for Disney

Finally - IMO the noise from the chainsaws is the most ridiculous thing in the history of Epcot, but the masses seemed to enjoy it :(

I enjoyed Food and Wine just as I do every year and I will be going back next year, in fact I am adding two days to my trip. The only thing I wish they would do is post menus for the dinners that they do at the restaurants as well as for the food and wine pairings or at least why type of meat or fish will be the main course, I don't book the dinners because there are foods I won't eat. At the lunches I was at they were prepared and did substitute things.

...OMG, we ate at Jiko last week and I got the spoon bread! AMAZING!

I like every Neige product I've tried. It has become a tradition to start our first day at F&W with a glass of Neige Bubble. I'm so glad to hear that Neige products were available again this year. I hope they are back next year too.

...it was really tasty, but the serving size was SOOOOO tiny! Barely a shot glass full! :headache:

It is so good! I am upset that I lost the recipe :(

....this is the meal I enjoyed at Jiko - the spoonbread is underneath the green beans:

20141101_221618_zps2655db6e.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter