2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee, OF COURSE you can use my picture- let me see what other views from other BC rooms we've stayed in I can find....:):)

Hi everyone, I've never stayed at the BC before but we are thinking of booking our summer/July trip at the BC and this thread is great for pictures and info!

This year we are going to need three rooms and I've never booked that many rooms before, does anyone have any experience booking multiple rooms at the BC or any resort actually?

My concern is that we all might end up in different areas of the resort. We really want to try and be as close to each other as possible, so what would you say when you book? We could ask for connecting rooms, but of course that would only cover two of our three rooms. I know any request is just that, and we aren't gaurenteed anything, but if anyone has ever booked multiple rooms and can tell me the best thing to request to hopefully keep our rooms together that'd be much appreciated!

Hi everyone, I've never stayed at the BC before but we are thinking of booking our summer/July trip at the BC and this thread is great for pictures and info!

This year we are going to need three rooms and I've never booked that many rooms before, does anyone have any experience booking multiple rooms at the BC or any resort actually?

My concern is that we all might end up in different areas of the resort. We really want to try and be as close to each other as possible, so what would you say when you book? We could ask for connecting rooms, but of course that would only cover two of our three rooms. I know any request is just that, and we aren't gaurenteed anything, but if anyone has ever booked multiple rooms and can tell me the best thing to request to hopefully keep our rooms together that'd be much appreciated!

When I booked 3 rooms in 2011 for 10 of us, I requested rooms that were connecting with my mom and adjoining to our friends. I think the reservationist then gave me a grand gathering reservation number that linked all our reservations together. Of course, this was before the new system so I am not certain if it would be handled the same way.

We ended up having our request met so all 3 rooms were next to one another.

I also had success several years ago requesting 3 rooms together at French Quarter.

Good luck with it and hope you enjoy your trip!

This is our view from room 2528, regular Garden View, where we stayed for just one night in August, pre-cruise. Room felt larger than others, had a daybed, and a full balcony. One of the nicer rooms I've stayed in, but it was a LLOOONNNNGG way from the lobby and elevators. However, if you want to be close to Epcot and the Super Secret Entrance, this room can't be beat!

And Yes, you may share my photos!:)

This is our view from room 2528, regular Garden View, where we stayed for just one night in August, pre-cruise. Room felt larger than others, had a daybed, and a full balcony. One of the nicer rooms I've stayed in, but it was a LLOOONNNNGG way from the lobby and elevators. However, if you want to be close to Epcot and the Super Secret Entrance, this room can't be beat!

And Yes, you may share my photos!:)

Thanks so much for the photos and room description!!! I'll add it to the view thread.

I do believe that is one of the rooms in the Matthew Mcconaughey view categories. When in bloom, the face of MM dots the tree. Wish it was Johnny Depp or Doug Flutie, though (much easier to type).

I'll see if I have a picture in my archives showing just what a great view it can be!

:lmao:

I do believe that is one of the rooms in the Matthew Mcconaughey view categories. When in bloom, the face of MM dots the tree. Wish it was Johnny Depp or Doug Flutie, though (much easier to type).

I'll see if I have a picture in my archives showing just what a great view it can be!

:lmao:

whaaaat? I want to see this!

:offtopic:

Be Our Guest lunch reservations (FP?)

I'm asking for "a friend"

At one time you could make lunch/FP reservations at Be Our Guest through the Magic Bands/MDE. Is that still the case? How? When?

If you have any details to share I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

:offtopic:

Be Our Guest lunch reservations (FP?)

I'm asking for "a friend"

At one time you could make lunch/FP reservations at Be Our Guest through the Magic Bands/MDE. Is that still the case? How? When?

If you have any details to share I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Here is the link to the website.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx

You need to log on and enter your resort reservation number. The fast pass becomes available monthly, in other words, dates in February just opened up in the last week, or so. You can only make get one per trip. You can select your meal, too, if you choose to.

We used this for our December trip and it was great. There is a kiosk for check in, located to the left of the entrance to the bridge, and you bypass a huge line to get in the door. You do not get an email confirmation of the fast pass and it does not appear in your MDE account. I recommend that you take a screen print of the confirmation so that you can bring it with you, just in case your name isn't listed.

When I tried to get another lunch fastpass for our January trip, I wasn't able to do it using my email address, the one I had used for the December reservation. My DH has his own MDE account, so I logged in using his email address. That worked and I was able to get another fp for our upcoming trip.

I'm not sure what I'll do for our March trip. I've run out of email addresses. :confused3

ETA: I've heard that the concierge at your resort can get a fast pass for you, but I haven't really seen very much information about this.

:welcome: to the thread!

Please let us know if you end up booking at the Beach Club so I can add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Mickey & Minnie Mom gave some good advice ask for two rooms connecting and one adjoining. Or 3 adjoining.

What are the numbers of adults to kids (and ages of the kids)- If there are significantly more kids than adults, that can increase the urgency of needing rooms together.

Thank you so much for the detailed info!!!

My friend got a Be Our Guest dinner reservation for the day she wants but she would prefer lunch, so when it is time, she can try to do this.

:goodvibes

My friend got a Be Our Guest dinner reservation for the day she wants but she would prefer lunch, so when it is time, she can try to do this.

:goodvibes

I had made an ADR for BOG and cancelled it after we had eaten lunch there. I had just wanted to see the inside of the restaurant, which was beautiful.

Time to take a peek at the Be Our Guest list to see if I have your information listed correctly- and to check out who will be there during your trip!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Please let me know if you have any changes or additional info.

So the BOG fastpass is included in your choice of 3 fir MK?

No, it is not counted as a fp at MK. It is a separate reservation that is outside of the regular fast pass+ system. The fp doesn't even appear on your MDE account at all. The only way to check to see if it is still there is to log back into the be our guest website and review your reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!