2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a room booked in standard club level for two nights. I wanted to add another day (May 22) but it wasn't available with a discount. I booked a garden view room for the one night so I have to switch rooms.

Has anyone done this? Is it a major pain?

Wow Dee! I never clicked on this thread before. It's pretty darn AMAZING! Denny and I are staying at BCV one night - March 4th. It's at the end of our Tampa trip. I wait listed a few weeks ago and it just came through. I've stayed there before, but he never has. Even though we will only be there a little over 24 hours we plan to enjoy every second! :cool1:

I have a room booked in standard club level for two nights. I wanted to add another day (May 22) but it wasn't available with a discount. I booked a garden view room for the one night so I have to switch rooms.

Has anyone done this? Is it a major pain?

:welcome:

I don't see you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you.

:cool1:

Are your SV nights before or after the GV reservation?

When you check-in, you could ask if they are able to give you a room you may stay in for the whole time. That may mean giving up the GV for one night, but the "cost" you lose shouldn't be much and the convenience may be well worth it.

I haven't changed rooms within the resort. I don't think it is that big of a deal except for the packing/unpacking, but it would be better to be able to stay put.

Wow Dee! I never clicked on this thread before. It's pretty darn AMAZING! Denny and I are staying at BCV one night - March 4th. It's at the end of our Tampa trip. I wait listed a few weeks ago and it just came through. I've stayed there before, but he never has. Even though we will only be there a little over 24 hours we plan to enjoy every second! :cool1:

:welcome: Mary Ellen!!!

I am so glad your waitlist came through and I am thrilled to add you to the Be Our Guest list! (Page 1, Post 15)

:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for your kind words about the thread. I am really proud of it, and we have so many helpful and friendly people here who have contributed to making it a fun and informative resource. Now you can see why I get behind on my trip reports and subscriptions! :rotfl2:

I don't know a lot about the villas, but there are a lot of experts who hang out here, so if you have any questions, ask away. There are a couple of posts on Page 1 about the villas, with info provided from others who have stayed there.

Hey, long lost thread contributor back again. The sting of not having a Disney trip on the horizon has kept me from the thread for a while... Toooooo saaaaadddd for me! Working on my trip report has kept me going. Of course, looking back at my pictures at the awful bump I got on my head makes me feel like a total idiot for not going to the hospital. LOL Still don't have a name for the trip report. Something about a TRIP and a Disney head injury, so I keep changing my mind.:rotfl2:

I'm keeping my blues away by planning a trip for a friend. Plus when she's there, I'm sending her to Norway to get me some Laila body wash - they don't ship to Canada! :confused3 Gotta come back to the Disboards to figure out what's new, even from August past. Memory Maker???? What's that???

With respect to the Boardwalk, we walked over there during our 2012 trip a few times, but not in our 2013. Must have been the time we went, but we didn't see any performers. Still a lovely walk for the view, and to try to work off some of the awesome Disney food in the evening.

Glad to see the regulars here!

Hey, long lost thread contributor back again. The sting of not having a Disney trip on the horizon has kept me from the thread for a while... Toooooo saaaaadddd for me! Working on my trip report has kept me going. Of course, looking back at my pictures at the awful bump I got on my head makes me feel like a total idiot for not going to the hospital. LOL Still don't have a name for the trip report. Something about a TRIP and a Disney head injury, so I keep changing my mind.:rotfl2:

I'm keeping my blues away by planning a trip for a friend. Plus when she's there, I'm sending her to Norway to get me some Laila body wash - they don't ship to Canada! :confused3 Gotta come back to the Disboards to figure out what's new, even from August past. Memory Maker???? What's that???

With respect to the Boardwalk, we walked over there during our 2012 trip a few times, but not in our 2013. Must have been the time we went, but we didn't see any performers. Still a lovely walk for the view, and to try to work off some of the awesome Disney food in the evening.

Glad to see the regulars here!

A "trip" to remember?

Read good reviews about Crew Cup Lounge but was uncertain if this was only appropriate for DW and myself or if we could take our DD's (9 & 11) for a casual dinner on a day off from the parks.

Hi again everyone! :)

So we booked garden view. I've never made a location request before. Does it hurt to request a full balcony? Or is it better to say "courtyard view" instead of "woods view"?

Just not sure how to word request. I know we'd rather have a courtyard view, and we'd rather be on a upper floor? Or would a patio be better?

thanks!!

From Sunstroke to a Concussion: A "Trip" Report to Remember

Catchy enough???? :rotfl:

Works for me!

Can't wait to read.

:goodvibes

Read good reviews about Crew Cup Lounge but was uncertain if this was only appropriate for DW and myself or if we could take our DD's (9 & 11) for a casual dinner on a day off from the parks.

I have heard good things too, but I haven't been there. I think it would be fine to take the kids there. Anyone have a different viewpoint?

:)

Hi again everyone! :)

So we booked garden view. I've never made a location request before. Does it hurt to request a full balcony? Or is it better to say "courtyard view" instead of "woods view"?

Just not sure how to word request. I know we'd rather have a courtyard view, and we'd rather be on a upper floor? Or would a patio be better?

thanks!!

I would word the request. "Full balcony, please. If possible, upper floor courtyard view." or if the view is more important than the balcony, then "Upper floor, courtyard view, please. Full balcony if possible"

:thumbsup2

Hi all -

We're planning a trip in Jan 2015 (at least we're thinking it's January). We've taken several trips to WDW over the last 11 years but haven't stayed on property for the last 10 years. I think we may try a stay at Yacht and Beach. 2 adults and 2 kiddos (DS12 and DD15 in 2015) - could we all fit in to one room or is that pushing it?

Also - any suggestions on best January dates for a trip?

I would word the request. "Full balcony, please. If possible, upper floor courtyard view." or if the view is more important than the balcony, then "Upper floor, courtyard view, please. Full balcony if possible"

:thumbsup2

Great, thanks!

Hi all -

We're planning a trip in Jan 2015 (at least we're thinking it's January). We've taken several trips to WDW over the last 11 years but haven't stayed on property for the last 10 years. I think we may try a stay at Yacht and Beach. 2 adults and 2 kiddos (DS12 and DD15 in 2015) - could we all fit in to one room or is that pushing it?

Also - any suggestions on best January dates for a trip?

Let us know when and where you book and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

This past July, I stayed at the Beach Club with my two boys, age 15 and 12. We did have enough room, but may I suggest that you request a room with a daybed, or request a rollaway cot when you check in. We had a daybed which was great for my older son who didn't want to sleep in the same bed as his brother.

If you go early enough in January, some of the park and resort decorations may still be up. I am guessing that marathon weekend(s) are the busiest times in January, so I would check to see when the runners will be there.

Ate there in August, great burgers. There were lots of families, it's Disney. But it's small. We lucked out both times we ate there, and got tables without a wait.

Let us know when and where you book and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

This past July, I stayed at the Beach Club with my two boys, age 15 and 12. We did have enough room, but may I suggest that you request a room with a daybed, or request a rollaway cot when you check in. We had a daybed which was great for my older son who didn't want to sleep in the same bed as his brother.

If you go early enough in January, some of the park and resort decorations may still be up. I am guessing that marathon weekend(s) are the busiest times in January, so I would check to see when the runners will be there.

Thanks! :)

I'm guessing the request for a daybed is a first come first serve, no guarantee?

Thanks! :)

I'm guessing the request for a daybed is a first come first serve, no guarantee?

Yes. Parties of 5 (or more) guests get priority for rooms with daybeds, then I'm not actually sure how they are assigned, but my suggestion for you is to word the request

"Daybed, please. Teenage son and daughter who do not want to share a bed"

This time next week I'll be on a plane to Ft Lauderdale :banana::banana::banana: then 4 days there :beach: before driving up to wdw, woohoo. POR this time.
Looking forward to our dinners Teena :goodvibes

FYI- Here is a Disney Food Blog about the Captain's Grille. We had two meals there on our very short, 5 day trip last summer and both lunch and dinner were fantastic!

We had the clam chowder pictured and described in the blog and it was amazing. It may not look like typical New England Clam chowder, but it was so yummy (and it didn't have tomatoes)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...sh-for-captains-grille-at-disneys-yacht-club/

OMG!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :banana::banana::banana: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I DO believe I hear angels singing!!! This really is a fantastic restaurant. In my HUMBLE Opinion...this is a great arrival day restaurant or resort day dinner destination. It's got a peaceful and relaxing aura and the food is top notch whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner, of which I've had multiple meals of at the Captain's Grille

I'm liking that short rib inclusion and the other menu changes BUT>>>>

I wonder if the remake of the lobster omelet is just a sneaky way to include just the one lobster claw (as pictured) and not the boatload of lobster that was in the other one... According to the picture it looks like they are attempting to bribe us with those delicious hash browns while hopping we don't notice how 'empty' the omelet is of lobster.

Perhaps they could redeem themselves by inventing "Lobster Hash Browns"!!
Here is my 'Blog" of THAT imaginary dish:

~Because we know you Captain's Grille groupies don't miss a thing, we reconstructed the omelet formerly known as "Lobster" To include a decorative piece of 'token' lobster on the top of the eggs, sort like a flag, waving at you and saying "Look where I am hanging out!" But alas we tease you and there is no longer any lobster hiding in the eggs. INSTEAD we have come up with a NEW construction of this dish that we are calling "Peak a Boo Lobster hash browns". We hid that missing lobster UNDER the delicious golden brown, formerly frozen, hash brown patty (FF, HBP).... but then another customer ordered the dish and we had to drag YOUR lobster out from under the FF, HBP and place one bit on top of the eggs to wave at people.~

I probably won't get the chance to have breakfast here until August so hopefully some other lobster loving detective can sort things out and tell us if the lobster omelet is now just a pale representation of it's former self.

~NM

Boardwalk Comments Please!!!

Question- is there someplace that you can see an entertainment schedule for the sidewalk performers? If I get a chance, I will mosey on over to the BWI FAQ to see if they have a listing

Here is my contribution to your question, which actually is a cautionary tale, not just of the BW Bakery, but any "Pay What You Weigh" candy spots in Disney

From my "3rd Annual we are NEVER going to Disney in the Summer Again" 2009 Trip Report

It was somewhere around 7:30 when we finished our meal at Cape May Cafe. We had never been to the Boardwalk before, so we decided to head over there after our meal. The boat was right at the International Gateway dock, so we took the ride.

IMG_1405.jpg

We watched a magician for a while. He gave Nate a rope to check during the show. We didn’t see any other street perfomers while we were there.

IMG_1408.jpg

We asked the magician if we could tip him and he said no, but we could mention him favorably if we filled out any comment cards or surveys. We were absolutely stuffed , but we decided to check out Boardwalk Bakery anyway.

IMG_1411.jpg

The baked goods did not appeal to us at the moment, but the boys saw CANDY! It was sold it by weight, the sign said $3.99. Each boy got a small bag of candy. “That will be $9.38”. What?!? Warning, Warning, Warning! The prices quoted are PER QUARTER POUND, not per pound.

After paying something like 50 cents per Skittle, we popped into the ESPN gift shop. We didn’t really see anything we wanted. We did get a pressed penny from here, though.

At this point, it was probably 8:15 or so, and the boys decided to return to the room.

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

That's a big investment for just a bit of candy! LOL! It just looks so gorgeous around the BC, BW and YC area... I can't wait for July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!