(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy to read your thoughts on this! BC CL has been a favorite of ours for many years, but we're really looking forward to trying GF, especially RPC! Have to wait until March, though! We will spend Easter Sunday there too and hoping it's really special for my kids (I suspect it will be ;)).

I asked dd which did you like best ? She has tried cr, poly, wl, bc , gf rpc and gf sl.

Drum rolllll... Gf rpc!

Me, I am still a poly poly girl! Love the view! However I would pick cr/poly/gf anytime! Each has great benefits.

Trying RPC is a must do for cl lovers. A unique experience indeed!!

I asked dd which did you like best ? She has tried cr, poly, wl, bc , gf rpc and gf sl.

Drum rolllll... Gf rpc!

Me, I am still a poly poly girl! Love the view! However I would pick cr/poly/gf anytime! Each has great benefits.

Well that's what I'm thinking judging by the pictures and opinions of so many of you. I love Poly CL too -- it's magical (to us) having a 1st floor lagoon view room. Even with the bungalows there now. There's just something about walking out onto the beach...or as I did last trip (July 4 week) and watching the horrendous storm pass by over the lagoon. I said this once before, but we LOVE the food at BC and LOVE the location and views at Poly, so we're hoping that RPC will be a nice combination of the 2!

I will be curious to hear what each of my DD's like best after this trip. They've also tried BC, Poly, CR, and WL. But they are only 12 (twins) so they actually don't remember CR as well as I do. Might have to try that one again :thumbsup2.

Well that's what I'm thinking judging by the pictures and opinions of so many of you. I love Poly CL too -- it's magical (to us) having a 1st floor lagoon view room. Even with the bungalows there now. There's just something about walking out onto the beach...or as I did last trip (July 4 week) and watching the horrendous storm pass by over the lagoon. I said this once before, but we LOVE the food at BC and LOVE the location and views at Poly, so we're hoping that RPC will be a nice combination of the 2!

I will be curious to hear what each of my DD's like best after this trip. They've also tried BC, Poly, CR, and WL. But they are only 12 (twins) so they actually don't remember CR as well as I do. Might have to try that one again :thumbsup2.
Make sure to take the time to go up to the 5th floor. The view is quite nice! Its only 5th floor but feels higher!

Reactions: TJA
Hi everyone!

So my daughter is going for the pirate adventure cruise from 9.30-11.30am on our last day. We were planning to have breakfast at the GF cafe. Any other activities that my hubby, and infant can do during that's time? Def looking forward to the ginger bread house, it looks wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

11 days until we check in! We have a RO reservation (garden view) the first night and a package reservation beginning the next day (lagoon view). Any suggestions on location requests?

11 days until we check in! We have a RO reservation (garden view) the first night and a package reservation beginning the next day (lagoon view). Any suggestions on location requests?

Boca Chica is nice -- I had Big Pine Key last time and it was a lovely view of the new bungalows at Poly -- I'd rather be looking at CR and possibly the MK if I crane my neck far enough!

Tom

I had to share my excitement! I just scored a BOG ADR for lunch through the ADR cancellation thread...so if another Diser happens to be canceling an ADR you want, evidently it's not impossible to coordinate to get it! It's definitely worth checking into! BTW, this ADR is for Dec 6th, which is not that far away!

Drum rolllll... Gf rpc!

Smart girl;-)

Hi everyone!

So my daughter is going for the pirate adventure cruise from 9.30-11.30am on our last day. We were planning to have breakfast at the GF cafe. Any other activities that my hubby, and infant can do during that's time? Def looking forward to the ginger bread house, it looks wonderful!

Thanks in advance!
You can either explore GF and shops, or hop on monorail to explore the other monorail resorts. 2 hrs isn't that long, by the time you finish breakfast depending on how fast you are done with breakfast you may have just a little over an hour to spend. You can also walk along the lake path to Poly.

Loveshak sorry I missed your send off! Sounds like you're having a grand time!

Lisann I can imagine how painful it is to cancel :-( but sounds like next trip is in the works! Yay.

So sorry! I know how disappointing that must be:( Our budget will be tighter in 2016 since our oldest DD will be a senior next year and we want to buy her a new car, so we will have to scale back our Disney trips in 2016....it stinks when life gets in the way of our Disney plans! :grouphug:
Sure does! Work is getting in the way of our usual January trip, so after going 2x a year for I can't count how long, only 1 trip for us this year, for August. In January I may be doing the GF frown!!

Oh, Trishadono, what a scrumptious festive update! i hope you are having a wonderful time.

I am not at all surprised that our Loveshak is a sweetie!

Ahhhh....thanks!!!!

Loveshak sorry I missed your send off! Sounds like you're having a grand time!

Lisann I can imagine how painful it is to cancel :-( but sounds like next trip is in the works! Yay.

It has been GRAND!! And here are a couple of pics for fun!!

I added a couple for folks who asked about the cabana a few pages back.

WP_20151115_003.jpg WP_20151115_004.jpgWP_20151115_003.jpg WP_20151115_004.jpg WP_20151115_006.jpg WP_20151115_007.jpg WP_20151115_008.jpg

OK I will, thanks. It's possible my room might be up there, right? I have standard booked.
Hmm not sure exactly. I know most of the suites are on the fifth floor. I'm not sure if any std rooms mixed in. Maybe some of the rpc experts will pop on.

Try touring plans.com room finder?

Reactions: TJA
I know the Xmas tree is not up yet, but how about the pointsettias around the grounds?

When we were driving out of the resort yesterday, at the entrance it looked like they were starting to replace the flowers with poinsettias.

Question: is Gasparilla Grill always so... ummmm...bad? We've eaten there 3 times now, and with just one harried counter person, the lines are so slow. The food has been the worst of any resort counter service I've ever been to (POP, WL, CR & BC), and its been pretty messy. If I just went off of the CMs I met in there I'd be very sad. Even DH, who is the least judgy guy, said "Is it just me, or are the CMs here way more surly and unfriendly than in the past?"

On the other hand, despite a frustrating room snafu, though, the front desk CMs were the best we've encountered. So nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter