2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys... BC room 4530 has a balcony that is so big I literally started laughing. I will post pics tomorrow, we just got in and it's 3 am. This is a refurbished room and it is absolutely stunning. I can see the Epcot ball and it looks like it's a great view of the fireworks. But seriously this is the craziest balcony I've ever seen. It's so big I had to use the flashlight on my phone to walk all the way down it. It goes across the entire peak of the end of the building so it's completely private since there are no neighbors. I'm pretty sure it's as long as a bowling alley lane. Can't wait for daylight to take pics. This is definitely a room to request if you need 2 queens and are ok with no sofa/daybed.

We call it the bowling alley balcony.

I was super long on it too. Same as written here first one and last one off. 90 minutes easy.
You know, it is completely the luck of the draw... D may have something to do with your flight arrival time. We usually drive now, but if I come down for a long weekend girls trip I usually fly and meet up with a friend who lives in FL. I have taken the ME twice. Both times I have arrived at MCO before 9 am and I didn't have to wait in line either time. Once I waited on the bus 5-10 min, and we dropped at PO then BC, but the best was when I had the entire bus to myself! Yes, I felt like queen for the day!pixiedust:

At the theme parks, guests will present their MagicBand at the auto plaza booth to validate free parking permission. When returning to the resort hotel, guests can enter the dedicated guest lane and use the MagicBand for access through the barrier.

Wondering why this is the case? We often drive to AK and over to the MK resorts for ADR's minimizing our stop time by holding up our pass at our window so it is clearly visible to the CM. Even then, we get backed up by those paying for parking. Have often wondered why there isn't an express lane. Seems this new process will slow everything down. I envision cast members getting frustrated with long lines and just waving folks thru.

page 214-215

Slight change for the BOG list, we are now staying at BC from 8/29 through 9/2. So happy we get to spend another day at the BC

Got it!!! I'll add a day to your stay on the list.

:woohoo:

Ooh... I don't remember hot butter beer either...just cold and frozen. I think it is time for a reconnaissance trip back to the dark side.:cool1::car:

That's new, too.

I have just started on the trip report for my visit to the Dark Side last month. (Escaping Snowy New England in my signature)

:teleport:

Thoughts on the deluxe room...... I am not sure if we would do the deluxe room again. While the room (4557) was more spacious, a lot of the space was not really usable space. There is a long hallway as you come in with a tall window. The entrance way is tiled leading into the carpeted area. As you turn to the right. there is a small ottoman with a shelf underneath. The bathroom and closet are to the right. We loved the double sinks and there is plenty of storage space under the sink. The turning radius between the door and toilet is very tight but manageable. The water pressure and temperature were excellent. There is one dresser with three drawers that the TV sits on. We had to use the nightstand drawers, drawer and above the fridge and shelf in the closet to have enough room. Another dresser would be so beneficial in the room. The beds are very comfortable and the bed runner and linens are lovely. The theme is very subtle. The colours work really well together. The sofa bed was a full queen size sofa bed and was very comfortable for my 14 year old son. I just am not sure if the small amount of extra usable space was really worth the extra $$$. Our balcony was huge and overlooked the quiet pool. It was lovely and shady in the afternoon heat. I noticed wear and tear in the room already even though it was newly renovated. The carpet pulls very easily and there were a few scuff marks on the walls already. I am sure these could be easily removed with a little baking soda and a scrub cloth if housekeeping was so inclined. Our daily housekeeping was very good but turn down service was hit and miss. One staff walked right into our room as we were changing for the pool...... The robes and DVD player were not present in our room either. This was not a big deal for us but might be for others. The walk to the main elevators and lounge was LONG but we were right beside the small elevator down to the quiet pool, guest laundry and walkway for the Boardwalk and Epcot. If anyone has any other questions. I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks for your thoughts about the deluxe room.

:thumbsup2

No! No! No! Say it isn't so! One our favorite traditions was deciding last minute to skip dinner and just have "ice cream for dinner". First they took the option away from just walking in to B&C, and we decided that was okay as we could still get our sundaes thru take out. Now we don't have that option either. My family is going to be totally heartbroken. There is no such thing as spontaneity anymore in a Disney vacation. :headache::sad:

I will definitely be contacting the resort to politely express our concerns as well. If their reasoning was the time it takes to prepare items then they should have removed the $23 mini kitchen sink as well. Our family easily spent $150 a trip at this takeout window getting milkshakes and sundaes but can't justify paying $23 as the only option for a sundae.

You definitely should contact Disney and let them how disappointed you are in the change and how much money you normally spend on takeout shakes and sundaes!

::yes::

Hello Everyone!
I've been reading this thread for the past few months, and although I'm still not caught up, I've decided it's just time to introduce myself or my trip might come and go before I do so! My DH and I are staying at the YC from May 6th-10th to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are frequent WDW visitors (I got him hooked on our honeymoon exactly 10 years before this trip), but we've never stayed at an Epcot area resort before. We have 4 little kids, and while we are trying to stay at every WDW hotel eventually, we have been very MK area centered the past several trips. Together, we've stayed at ASMo, POP, AoA, CBR, CSR, CR, Poly, AKL, SSR, and WL and I've stayed at several more before he was around, so we are getting there on staying at all of them. I'm so excited for this trip! I can't wait for a little adult time. Reading this thread has been so helpful, and I love "meeting" all of you. Okay, that's it for me...back to my reading so I can eventually catch up! (45 day mark for us today! Yipee!)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for the your Anniversary celebration.

I think you will love how easy it is to slip into EPCOT for a romantic stroll.

:cool1:

I just noticed the Garden View/Woods View today! I swear it wasn't like that last week. It was Garden View every time I checked my MDE reservation. I just made my final payment today, so I looked to see if it had updated my payment, and it switched to Garden View/Woods View. I made a comment to DH, and he just looked at me like I was crazy. (What else is new?) Glad it's not just me.

Yes, the designation was just recently, officially changed. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the rooms have changed designations, I think the resort is just recognizing that some of the rooms look out onto trees and not a garden. I believe you could add a request for "courtyard view" or "gazebo view" to your room request, but like all requests, not guaranteed.

:)

Ok guys... BC room 4530 has a balcony that is so big I literally started laughing. I will post pics tomorrow, we just got in and it's 3 am. This is a refurbished room and it is absolutely stunning. I can see the Epcot ball and it looks like it's a great view of the fireworks. But seriously this is the craziest balcony I've ever seen. It's so big I had to use the flashlight on my phone to walk all the way down it. It goes across the entire peak of the end of the building so it's completely private since there are no neighbors. I'm pretty sure it's as long as a bowling alley lane. Can't wait for daylight to take pics. This is definitely a room to request if you need 2 queens and are ok with no sofa/daybed.

AWESOME!!!

Can't wait to see some pictures when you get a chance. Sounds like an incredible room! Hope you got a good nights (well, mornings) rest.

:goodvibes

No! No! No! Say it isn't so! One our favorite traditions was deciding last minute to skip dinner and just have "ice cream for dinner". First they took the option away from just walking in to B&C, and we decided that was okay as we could still get our sundaes thru take out. Now we don't have that option either. My family is going to be totally heartbroken. There is no such thing as spontaneity anymore in a Disney vacation. :headache::sad:

This is a bummer! I always enjoyed getting a chocolate milkshake from Beaches & Cream at the end of the day. Say it isn't so!!!

I have just started on the trip report for my visit to the Dark Side last month. (Escaping Snowy New England in my signature)

Now that I am finally caught up I will check it out! Yes...I read all 200+ pages. Lots of he same questions asked multiple times, but it is nice to see how patient and friendly everyone on this board is about answering them multiple times.

:grouphug:

Now that I am finally caught up I will check it out! Yes...I read all 200+ pages. Lots of he same questions asked multiple times, but it is nice to see how patient and friendly everyone on this board is about answering them multiple times.

:grouphug:

Wow!!! That's a pretty incredible feat. :worship:

So glad to have you back here with us.

:goodvibes:

There is a growing difference in room rates between the BC and YC, with the BC coming up higher. Rates are about 10%-15% higher at BC, between higher rack rates and lower summer discount for BC.
Once the refurbishment project is underway at the YC, will the same increases take effect?

There is a growing difference in room rates between the BC and YC, with the BC coming up higher. Rates are about 10%-15% higher at BC, between higher rack rates and lower summer discount for BC.
Once the refurbishment project is underway at the YC, will the same increases take effect?

My jaded, cynical side says yes.

So happy to be back on this board! Booked our return stay, Beach Club this time, instead of YC, August 22-28. Our last stay was 2013. Now I am debating upgrading to Club Level, never tried that.

Now that I finally caught up on this thread I started going back to the previously closed thread. I do enjoy th posts, pictures and humor. Was looking at photos posted by DawnMaree, noticed that they were from the timeframe when we were there last summer. Given the fact that DD spent about at least 6-7 hoirs everyday at SAB, I looked closely at those. Sure enough, there was DD playing volleyball.

That sounds amazing. Have a great time! Just curious what room category this room is?

Questions about Hurricane Hanna's and a Request

A couple of people have recently asked questions about the menu at HH. If you are one of the lucky folks who will be sitting by SAB in the next week or so, if you find yourself with a camera at poolside, could you snap a picture of the current menu at Hurricane Hanna's. They usually have the options on a large board. Since philschrek mentioned a couple of additional items other than the ones listed on the All those Ears website, I'll be interested in hearing if we are missing others:

For Children Ages 3-9
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. $8.29

Turkey Sandwich on Goldfish Bread - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. $8.29

Cheeseburger - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water $8.29

Chicken Nuggets - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water $8.29

Hey Dee,

I have the Poolside Menu if you need a pic of that. I don't know how it happened but when I came home last trip it was mixed in with all of our brochures and paperwork. Happy to post it for you.

Jay

Hey Dee,

I have the Poolside Menu if you need a pic of that. I don't know how it happened but when I came home last trip it was mixed in with all of our brochures and paperwork. Happy to post it for you.

Jay

Oh, cool!!! I would love to see what they have listed for food on the menus. If you can either post or email pictures to me when you get a chance, whatever is easiest for you, I would appreciate it.

Still wondering about the cheeseburger sliders, grilled cheese and mac and cheese that philschrek saw on the MDE drop down because I don't think I have seen that before.

Alright Disney. You win. Feel free to remove the "maybe" tag for me on the guest list @natebenma

After the credit from Disney and watching 7 in 7 with the new rooms. I just have to splurge and do BC. I have penciled it in as my annual fall race trip resort! I will just have to save money for it by staying cheaper for my winter/spring trips.

Here is to hoping for good weather in early November so I can take advantage of SAB! In 2013 for wine and dine weekend it was a little too chilly!

Here is what I have if that helps. Sorry if quality not up to par or not sized correctly with other pics on here!! I'm far from a picture expert!! This was from our trip in August.

Jay

View attachment 83933

This is different than even last July.

As a PP mentioned, I too am disappointed in the removal of the chicken with avacado sandwich. The new version just doesn't sound as appealing in the summer sun.

However, I am very excited to see the Schoffenhoffer pink grapefruit beer on the menu!!

Just discovered it last year first in a bottle at Crews Cup then on draft in Germany at Epcot.

We mentioned what a great beer it would be to have while relaxing at the pool ... Very light and refreshing ... so here's to hoping it is still there in June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts