2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the online check-in options are for the Beach Club villas? Some friends are going in May and I'd like to help them with online check-in. I'm a bit worried about the BCV refurbishment starting now. Do you think it will be very disruptive?

The online check-in options for BCV are: Near Elevator, Lower Floor, Woods View, and Larger Balcony.

As far as the renovations go, Dee does a wonderful job posting the latest information on Page 1 of this thread (Post #1 due to its popularity). Most of the updates are coming from fellow guests on site who are reporting back...

My first stay at BCV isn't until mid-November but I received a letter from the resort manager this week stating that renovations might be occurring at the same time. Work hours are between 9 am and 4 pm. If they continue the pattern they started with at Beach Club, the work started on the highest floor and are working their way down.

Reactions: CJK
Just got back from a delicious day at Typhoon Lagoon. When we arrived back and drove through the gates, they scanned our magic band for entry for the first time. Our gate guard also said "welcome home" which was music to my ears. I'll see if they scan magic bands when we head to Animal Kingdom in the morning. I like how easy the magic band makes everything. We are heading to Downtown Disney this evening so the boys can have some time at Disney Quest while we wander around and have a few bevvies. I managed to snag a ressie for a last night dinner at O'hana tomorrow night through MDE so we are all looking forward to that. We will hit Blizzard beach for a few hours on Friday after check out and then start the drive back north. This has been the best trip ever!

We thought the pool was great for small kids but if you only had one parent and different age group children it could be a challenge. One of us stayed with the little ones in the zero entry sand part and the other of us went wherever the bigger kids wanted to go. I honestly didn't think we'd use the pool much since we had a 11 month old, almost 3 year old, and 5 year old in addition to the 10 year old but it ended up being a favorite thing to do for all of us. So nice to let the little ones dig in the sand on the edge of the water :)

Trying to quote part of a post and that ended in disaster. I couldn't even figure out how to cancel my post before sending it! Where are the instructions for these boards for those of us who are technically challenged? I thought there used to be a link but I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Just got back from a delicious day at Typhoon Lagoon. When we arrived back and drove through the gates, they scanned our magic band for entry for the first time. Our gate guard also said "welcome home" which was music to my ears. I'll see if they scan magic bands when we head to Animal Kingdom in the morning. I like how easy the magic band makes everything. We are heading to Downtown Disney this evening so the boys can have some time at Disney Quest while we wander around and have a few bevvies. I managed to snag a ressie for a last night dinner at O'hana tomorrow night through MDE so we are all looking forward to that. We will hit Blizzard beach for a few hours on Friday after check out and then start the drive back north. This has been the best trip ever!
I've really enjoyed reading about your trip. It sounds like you are having a great time. It is nice to hear when things go well. :)

Trying to quote part of a post and that ended in disaster. I couldn't even figure out how to cancel my post before sending it! Where are the instructions for these boards for those of us who are technically challenged? I thought there used to be a link but I couldn't find it.

The easiest way to quote part of a post is to highlight the part that you want to quote and then hit either the +quote or the reply that appears in the bubble that appears below the highlighted part. It is a new way to post and a little confusing.

The easiest way to quote part of a post is to highlight the part that you want to quote and then hit either the +quote or the reply that appears in the bubble that appears below the highlighted part. It is a new way to post and a little confusing.

That's what I thought but I couldn't get it to work. I think I am having issues with the touch on my tablet.

Thank you! Did I see you are going to be at BC/YC in April? Hubby and I will be there 2 nights...17-19

These are now the non Club Level room types on Disney's booking engine - slight change.

• Standard View
    • Garden or Woods View
    • Lagoon or Pool View

I'm back! It's been a looooooong 4 years since our last WDW trip. I didn't think we'd be heading back for quite some time, so now I'm re-educating myself on everything that's changed since we were there last. We'll be at the BC July 29-August 4 :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I had a quick question-when we were last there in 2011, we ordered water from Staples and had it delivered before we arrived. DH had to go over to a conference area at the YC to pick it up and bring it back to the BC. Is this still how it works, or do they deliver it to your room? I'm ordering 2 cases this time. Thanks in advance!!!

Did I see you are going to be at BC/YC in April? Hubby and I will be there 2 nights...17-19
Yep. DH and I will be there April 15 - 21th. :)

These are now the non Club Level room types on Disney's booking engine - slight change.

• Standard View
    • Garden or Woods View
    • Lagoon or Pool View
It looks like they finally decided that since most of the vegetation on the Epcot side is woods, rather than garden, they better add that to the list. ;)

Well, I'm back! Booked another room via rundisney for the wine & dine half in Nov. at BC. I tried for yacht this time but they weren't offering the discount there.

Now when this all started, I was planning on the much cheaper route of renting points for BCV or BWV, but the weekend of the 6th is already booked up as of what the agency said 2 weeks ago :( So right now I am considering if I should check again at the 7 month mark to see if anyone drops their room and moves, or I could also do a Poly studio for about $400 less than my BC ressie. BUT my rundisney room at BC qualifies as a package for Disney visa giving me 6 months 0% interest, so it really wouldn't come due until about April 2016.

That was a long way of asking you guys to convince me that I should keep my more expensive BC reservation :rolleyes1 :listen:

From WDW Magic:

MagicBands to be used in place of parking permit paperwork for resort guests

The traditional parking permits that are issued for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests are soon to be discontinued.

Beginning the roll-out today at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort, the parking permits will no longer be handed out at check-in, with guests now being asked to use their MagicBand for parking access.

At the theme parks, guests will present their MagicBand at the auto plaza booth to validate free parking permission. When returning to the resort hotel, guests can enter the dedicated guest lane and use the MagicBand for access through the barrier.

Those guests that do not have a MagicBand can use their RFID Key to the World cards instead.

The change to a paperless parking system is especially important following the recent introduction of the direct to room capability that allows guests to bypass traditional check in.

Following the initial introduction of the new system at Yacht and Beach Club, expect the roll out to continue to the other resorts over the next few months.
I can confirm this is on! My parents went in and out a few times with me and Magic bands were all you needed!

So on day 5 of the trip and it has been magical! we have had HOT weather and although we came from 30 below zero 2 weeks before we flew out and hoping for warm weather I didn't expect this! WOW!
I can't imagine being in this place in July! I was reading just above about people going rope drop to close and I cannot imagine. I love our mid day breaks at SAB. The pool is amazing.
We had a delicious dinner at BOG last night. So exciting for my DD. She was spellbound. Interesting when we went to check in to BOG there were people trying to get a table same day. They were dumbfounded you needed a reservation. My reservation was 6 months old! I mean it is a bit crazy how far in advance you need to plan a disney trip, but that's half the fun! We had beaches and cream for dinner tonight which was fine. Really it is all about the ice cream!
We are off to hoop-dee-do tomorrow a first for us.

So on day 5 of the trip and it has been magical! we have had HOT weather and although we came from 30 below zero 2 weeks before we flew out and hoping for warm weather I didn't expect this! WOW!
I can't imagine being in this place in July! I was reading just above about people going rope drop to close and I cannot imagine. I love our mid day breaks at SAB. The pool is amazing.
We had a delicious dinner at BOG last night. So exciting for my DD. She was spellbound. Interesting when we went to check in to BOG there were people trying to get a table same day. They were dumbfounded you needed a reservation. My reservation was 6 months old! I mean it is a bit crazy how far in advance you need to plan a disney trip, but that's half the fun! We had beaches and cream for dinner tonight which was fine. Really it is all about the ice cream!
We are off to hoop-dee-do tomorrow a first for us.

Jeanne and Lily absolutely love BOG for dinner. Jeanne raves about the scallops in the puff pastry and Lily loves the Beast's mac and cheese. Lily talks about eating at the Beast's castle all the time. The atmosphere is so magical. It's a wonderful experience for sure.

How many hours would you plan for a midday break, starting at what time - Epcot 9AM-11PM (evening magic hours day), considering we have easy access to walk out and back in and wish to spend time at SAB?

I know several others have answered, but I figured I'd chime in.

Even without young kids, a lot of times, you just know when it is time for a break. In my case, I have a 60 year old grumpy Dad that usually clues us in for when it's break time. We usually give ourselves 3 hours, leaving the hotel to make our dinner ADR and evening plans. For instance, we will tour a park until around 3 (we aren't rope-drop people, we usually leave the hotel around 9ish, get to the parks around 10ish. Epcot you have a little more time simply bc it's closer). We come back to enjoy the pool, snack, and leave the hotel around 6 to make a 6:30-7pm ADR.

What have you heard??? With the old server, threads were closed at 250 pages. Now there are more posts per page (20 instead of 15?), and I don't know how long the moderators will let a thread grow. I need to check with someone so we are not shut down before moving.

Sorry...didn't mean to cause a panic. Guess it's been a while. Didn't realize there was a new server. I just figured with my recent track record lately it would reach the old 250 limit before I got caught up.:rotfl:

How do you leave the hotel at 6 to get to an ADR at 6:30?

I guess it depends where the ADR is. If it's at Cape May the OP would just have to go to the lobby. If the ADR is somewhere in Epcot, it's a 5 minute walk. If the ADR is somewhere on the Boardwalk, another 5 minute walk. If the ADR is at DHS, it's about a 15 minute walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!