2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on many circumstances, but I'd leave the park around 3 or 4pm and return around 6pm - with kids or a larger group, I'd definitely leave by 3pm. We find that everything takes more time than we expect at Disney, particularly with three kids or a larger group. :) This isn't a negative, nor Disney's fault. Just so many things that catch someone's attention, and with more than a couple adults, we talk and walk more slowly. When we traveled with my very active parents in January, we walked at a snail's pace because we were talking, someone was stopping in a shop or, at one point, my husband and dad were "lost" in La Cava del Taquila. Breaks were far longer because getting everyone in and out of anywhere took a long time!
I hear you!! We took a family trip with our 3 adult "kids" and their spouses - and I can tell you it was like herding cats...we didn't get anywhere in a hurry!
:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:
Finally, after trying to "stick to the plans" I gave up, and we did what we wanted to - sometimes going separate ways - meeting back together for dining reservations and special events...that was great!

Can someone who has stayed at BC recently report in on the "charging stations" that are in the rooms - are there any???

I'm headed to YC in 45 days! Still doing the big family trip in August, but I'm doing a quick weekend to meet up with some DIS friends. YC SV CL 5/2-5/5 with 4 of my kiddos...give me strength..DH and DS14 are staying home

Can someone who has stayed at BC recently report in on the "charging stations" that are in the rooms - are there any???

If you are in a refurbed room (currently all of 4th and 5th floors), there are numerous places, including at bedside table and desk.

359-9b52d4d854da9edda2e1bd76df0e467d.jpg
152-571917a8dd359beb9fcbf28b13333bd4.jpg

So...now that the thread is almost ready to close I am finally made it over and am starting to catch up. I have missed everyone! Our life has been too crazy and I am diligently going to read every page.

DH and I will be making a last minute unplanned quickie trip and have only been successful grabbing 2 nights :mad:
4/17-4/19 at BCV. Looks like we will be spending remaining three days at Poly.

Graduating senior DD, DH and I are back 6/20-7/2 at BCV

Let me know if you need me to check out anything while we are therefor our upcoming trip.

We are usually leaving Epcot for our mid day break right around lunch time. This trip it will be 4 - 5 hrs. We'll plan on eating some CL snacks before heading back to Epcot for some night time fun and a late dinner. But usually we take a 3 - 4 hr break. Thinking of changing, swimming, getting changed again and any other snacking and resting in between.

As you can tell - this will be our first mid-day break. Club Level is not in our plans. If we like taking mid-day breaks, club level might start to look more valuable. I'm thinking a mid-day break would be most welcome from Magic Kingdom, but the transfer times using a bus to Beach Club do not seem practical. So we are planning two mid-day breaks. One from Hollywood and we would not return in the afternoon but instead either Downtown or Boardwalk or maybe a park. The second midday break will be from Epcot to return to Epcot later.

it does still take a bit to walk back to BC, so I'd allow 15-30 each way depending on where you start and where you end. As far as a midday break, that depends on your family - if you plan to have a nap AND the pool, you'll probably need at least 2-3 hours... just my thoughts...I love to go back and rest in the afternoon, but often, can't rest very much when I do get there - I just want to get back to the park!

Others may sleep, but I'm like you when it comes to resting in the World. There will be no rest for the wicked.... I'll likely be searching for sunken treasures. : o )

We normally do the same - basically break between lunch and dinner. We swim and rest up before heading back out for the night.

The idea of leaving the park while it is open never crossed my mind before reading others thoughts and trip reports.

Depends on many circumstances, but I'd leave the park around 3 or 4pm and return around 6pm - with kids or a larger group, I'd definitely leave by 3pm. We find that everything takes more time than we expect at Disney, particularly with three kids or a larger group. :) This isn't a negative, nor Disney's fault. Just so many things that catch someone's attention, and with more than a couple adults, we talk and walk more slowly. When we traveled with my very active parents in January, we walked at a snail's pace because we were talking, someone was stopping in a shop or, at one point, my husband and dad were "lost" in La Cava del Taquila. Breaks were far longer because getting everyone in and out of anywhere took a long time!

I have scheduled a break at La Cava del Tequila! I'll be the only one enjoying a margarita (unless I can convince my mom to try one) - and bribed the kids with guacamole.

As you can tell - this will be our first mid-day break. Club Level is not in our plans. If we like taking mid-day breaks, club level might start to look more valuable. I'm thinking a mid-day break would be most welcome from Magic Kingdom, but the transfer times using a bus to Beach Club do not seem practical. So we are planning two mid-day breaks. One from Hollywood and we would not return in the afternoon but instead either Downtown or Boardwalk or maybe a park. The second midday break will be from Epcot to return to Epcot later.

Others may sleep, but I'm like you when it comes to resting in the World. There will be no rest for the wicked.... I'll likely be searching for sunken treasures. : o )

The idea of leaving the park while it is open never crossed my mind before reading others thoughts and trip reports.

I have scheduled a break at La Cava del Tequila! I'll be the only one enjoying a margarita (unless I can convince my mom to try one) - and bribed the kids with guacamole.
Do you have little ones, or is the break just to get out of the heat and recharge? For us, traveling with 2 youngsters, if we pushed them all day they'd be asleep by 7 and DH and I would miss out on all the parades and fireworks!! But we've found that with a nice break, they can make it pretty late at night, which is normally a better time for touring anyway! We even shut down MK one night last October, which I would have never expected or planned for! Now, normally we stay on the monorail - our trip to YC in May will be our first attempt at going back and forth to MK via the bus system, so that may prove to be a bit more challenging! :)

My husband and I and our three kids are heading to the Beach Club 6/19 - 6/28 and staying in one of the Club Deluxe rooms. It is our third stay at BC but our first on club level.
Two questions - I saw the thread on the day beds in Club rooms. From reading the thread it seems the Deluxe rooms all have day beds - am I correct?
Also, someone mentioned the name of a drink that you could order by the pool that is not on the menu. I cannot find the post but it sounded yummy. Can someone tell me the name>

Only 93 days until we leave!!!

:mickeyjum:donald::goofy::tigger:

If you go on one of Ninja Mom's trips she is fond of reminding you that you can sleep when you are DEAD!

Those bunking in the same room as Ninja Mom have to sleep with one eye open anyway if there are pool noodles in the room. An afternoon rest is only necessary if your friends have managed to ply you with any number of Sunken Treasure drinks in an effort to buy some precious down time, meaning Ninja Mom is down from all the Sunken Treasures that people have been buying her in an effort to save themselves from her touring tyranny.

~NM

Do you have little ones, or is the break just to get out of the heat and recharge? For us, traveling with 2 youngsters, if we pushed them all day they'd be asleep by 7 and DH and I would miss out on all the parades and fireworks!! But we've found that with a nice break, they can make it pretty late at night, which is normally a better time for touring anyway! We even shut down MK one night last October, which I would have never expected or planned for! Now, normally we stay on the monorail - our trip to YC in May will be our first attempt at going back and forth to MK via the bus system, so that may prove to be a bit more challenging! :)

This will be my fifth trip with the kids, four females this time: DM72, me44, DD15 & DD14. I had moved away from Florida just a few years after they were born, so we do not get to visit every couple of months like I used to do when it was just me with a 4 hour drive. And the thought of taking young kids to an amusement park just isn't something I would find pleasurable, we all would have been miserable. Seems like such a waste to leave a park while it is still open, so we have always done rope drop to close. Now that they are teens and do not need to ride dumbo & found that once in a lifetime is enough for other rides like Country Bear Jamboree or Tiki Room (even if they are under new management)..... They will probably like "wasting" time in bed or at the pool. I may have opened Pandora box, but happy is as happy does. Being in a deluxe resort has allowed for the possibility to get back to the room without waiting in line for several buses to fill up before we stand in the bus that is overpacked with us. The thought of riding a bus twice as much par day is not acceptable to me. Buses are the number one culprit for ruining my vacation. However, I really like that I do not have the responsibility of driving while I'm on vacation. I'm so excited to be staying at a deluxe! Two parks with no buses sounds perfect. I'm psyched.

This will be my fifth trip with the kids, four females this time: DM72, me44, DD15 & DD14. I had moved away from Florida just a few years after they were born, so we do not get to visit every couple of months like I used to do when it was just me with a 4 hour drive. And the thought of taking young kids to an amusement park just isn't something I would find pleasurable, we all would have been miserable. Seems like such a waste to leave a park while it is still open, so we have always done rope drop to close. Now that they are teens and do not need to ride dumbo & found that once in a lifetime is enough for other rides like Country Bear Jamboree or Tiki Room (even if they are under new management)..... They will probably like "wasting" time in bed or at the pool. I may have opened Pandora box, but happy is as happy does. Being in a deluxe resort has allowed for the possibility to get back to the room without waiting in line for several buses to fill up before we stand in the bus that is overpacked with us. The thought of riding a bus twice as much par day is not acceptable to me. Buses are the number one culprit for ruining my vacation. However, I really like that I do not have the responsibility of driving while I'm on vacation. I'm so excited to be staying at a deluxe! Two parks with no buses sounds perfect. I'm psyched.
DH actually hates the buses so much that he has decided he's fine never seeing AK again! :) But since the primary reason for our trip in May is SWW, we decided proximity to HS was more important than being close to MK. (Though I may need to ply him with a few Sunken Treasures to get him back on the MK bus later that night!!)

We will be at the Beach Club at the end of next week. My wife would love to be in one of the newly remodeled rooms, any tips on how to request that?

page 201-204

I have a quick question about Hurricane Hanna's. In the MDE app, in the dropdown menu for Hurricane Hanna's Pool Bar, it has a Kids Grilled Cheese and Kids Mac and Cheese. Do these come in the sand pail as well or is it just the Kids Meals on the Grille Menu? Has anyone tried either of these (or the Kids Cheeseburger Sliders) or have any photos? Thanks!

BUMPING this up.

Anyone know about the grilled cheese and the Mac & Cheese? Do you get the sand bucket and shovel.

I, too, would love to see pictures if anyone has them.

::yes::

I was attempting a PTR and couldn't get the photo to work so I just said forget it LOL, I thought it was me...(it probably mostly is me ;) )

If you do start a PTR, please post here to let us know.

:)

Just booked the first part of our split stay trip in June (6/14-16) at BCV!!! It's our first WDW trip (all other trips were to DL) and we just told our boys tonight and customized our magicbands. So excited!! I know BCV will be undergoing a reno but I hope it won't be too disruptive. Now waiting on summer promos to pick the other half of our stay :woohoo:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

We made our first trip to DL this summer after many trips to WDW.

Vive la difference!

:goodvibes

Greeting from the land of happiness! We are on day four of our glorious experience at the Beach Club. We've been so happy with our room (deluxe CL 4557) and was thrilled that both my requests were made met for an upper floor and large balcony. We are enjoying the lounge as well. The boys love the pool and we enjoy the easy walk for HS, Epcot, Boardwalk and mini-golf. I think we are fast becoming a Beach Club family! We had two very nice chats with Teena, who is just lovely! Three more days to enjoy, unless I can find a way to stay forever........

So glad to hear you are having a great time!

Hmmm... it may be time to roll out the Beach Club fantasy closet again. Stay tuned.

;)

When is your trip?

As shoreward replied, plenty of charging capability in the refurbished rooms. I can't remember what there is in the regular rooms. I always bring along a power strip so I will have plenty of outlets to charge 4 phones and a couple of cameras conveniently.

:cool1:

I'm headed to YC in 45 days! Still doing the big family trip in August, but I'm doing a quick weekend to meet up with some DIS friends. YC SV CL 5/2-5/5 with 4 of my kiddos...give me strength..DH and DS14 are staying home

I get to add you to the list again???

:banana::banana::banana:

So...now that the thread is almost ready to close I am finally made it over and am starting to catch up. I have missed everyone! Our life has been too crazy and I am diligently going to read every page.

What have you heard??? With the old server, threads were closed at 250 pages. Now there are more posts per page (20 instead of 15?), and I don't know how long the moderators will let a thread grow. I need to check with someone so we are not shut down before moving.

:eek:

DH and I will be making a last minute unplanned quickie trip and have only been successful grabbing 2 nights :mad:
4/17-4/19 at BCV. Looks like we will be spending remaining three days at Poly.

Graduating senior DD, DH and I are back 6/20-7/2 at BCV

Let me know if you need me to check out anything while we are therefor our upcoming trip.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks for your offer to check on info. I'll let you know as your trip approaches.

:woohoo:

My husband and I and our three kids are heading to the Beach Club 6/19 - 6/28 and staying in one of the Club Deluxe rooms. It is our third stay at BC but our first on club level.
Two questions - I saw the thread on the day beds in Club rooms. From reading the thread it seems the Deluxe rooms all have day beds - am I correct?
Also, someone mentioned the name of a drink that you could order by the pool that is not on the menu. I cannot find the post but it sounded yummy. Can someone tell me the name>

Only 93 days until we leave!!!

:mickeyjum:donald::goofy::tigger:

:cheer2:

You can read all about the Sunken Treasure on the first page of this thread. Post 17 or 18 (Community Post)

:drinking1

We are a family of five--if I book through a company like expedia or Orbitz--would I have to request a daybed? Or, would they automatically put me in a room with a daybed if they see that we are five. Do all rooms have a daybed? Thanks.

Also, someone said the BC/YC pool is not good for little ones (too large/easy to lose someone). Is this true in your experience? I think the pool would be amazing for little ones (beach etc).

We will be at the Beach Club at the end of next week. My wife would love to be in one of the newly remodeled rooms, any tips on how to request that?

Love your shark profile message :rotfl:

My suggestion for a room request to get a renovated room is "4th floor room, please"

:goodvibes

We are a family of five--if I book through a company like expedia or Orbitz--would I have to request a daybed? Or, would they automatically put me in a room with a daybed if they see that we are five. Do all rooms have a daybed? Thanks.

Also, someone said the BC/YC pool is not good for little ones (too large/easy to lose someone). Is this true in your experience? I think the pool would be amazing for little ones (beach etc).

Not all rooms at the resort have daybeds- I'm not really sure what percentage of rooms have them. As a family of 5 (if everyone is over the age of 3), you will get priority for a room with a daybed without requesting one regardless of who you booked with, as long as Disney knows there are 5 of you. That means when you check in, if there is a room with a daybed available, you would get that room over a family with 4 or fewer members who requests one. You must be given a room that will sleep everyone, so in the rare instance when a room with a daybed is not available, you will be given a rollaway cot for your stay.

::yes::

The problem with the size of the pool is that if you have older kids who want to be in one part of the pool (say the slide or lazy river) and younger kids who want to play in the shallow sand pool, then it can be tough to keep track of everyone.

:)

I guess it's time to post that we are heading back to the world, quite unexpectedly. I had planned only DL this year (and we will be there June 2-9). But the lure of the 24 hour day, combined with SWW, got me to plan a short trip to WDW too. And to buy an AP so we can make more short trips. Well, the $59 each way airfare out of Atlanta had a lot to do with that too. Who can pass up such cheap airfare?

Anyway, we are heading to BC, Garden view room, 5/21 to 25. Cast is Me, DH and DGD7

It's our first stay at BC/YC. I picked it for ease of access to HS for SWW and to be able to run in the back gate to WS for some good eats.

Does anyone know what the online check-in options are for the Beach Club villas? Some friends are going in May and I'd like to help them with online check-in. I'm a bit worried about the BCV refurbishment starting now. Do you think it will be very disruptive?

From WDW Magic:

MagicBands to be used in place of parking permit paperwork for resort guests

The traditional parking permits that are issued for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests are soon to be discontinued.

Beginning the roll-out today at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort, the parking permits will no longer be handed out at check-in, with guests now being asked to use their MagicBand for parking access.

At the theme parks, guests will present their MagicBand at the auto plaza booth to validate free parking permission. When returning to the resort hotel, guests can enter the dedicated guest lane and use the MagicBand for access through the barrier.

Those guests that do not have a MagicBand can use their RFID Key to the World cards instead.

The change to a paperless parking system is especially important following the recent introduction of the direct to room capability that allows guests to bypass traditional check in.

Following the initial introduction of the new system at Yacht and Beach Club, expect the roll out to continue to the other resorts over the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter