2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having some occasional issues with formatting and links with this new DIS server. I am finding the font that comes up automatically is too small, but the next size up (4) is just slightly too big. Font size 3 used to be perfect.

Anyway, just found a whole bunch of gobbled-gook in the first post after I tried to adjust the size.

If you find some links that don't work, or some garbage in the front page posts, please let me know.

:thumbsup2

oldgit.gif
Thanks for taking the time to do all of this for us Dee! :grouphug:

~NM

oldgit.gif
Thanks for taking the time to do all of this for us Dee! :grouphug:

~NM

You are welcome!

Is anyone else having major issues with posting photos and even editing posts today? I have just spent about 2 hours trying to post an update to my Universal trip report. The photo linking is not working for me, so I had to go back to Photobucket and every time I make an edit (even just the change of the word you to we), I get all sorts of junk in my post.

:headache:

You are welcome!

Is anyone else having major issues with posting photos and even editing posts today? I have just spent about 2 hours trying to post an update to my Universal trip report. The photo linking is not working for me, so I had to go back to Photobucket and every time I make an edit (even just the change of the word you to we), I get all sorts of junk in my post.

:headache:
I was attempting a PTR and couldn't get the photo to work so I just said forget it LOL, I thought it was me...(it probably mostly is me ;) )

Good to know some things haven't changed. :) On the other hand, the "noodle as weapon" situation in our room was out of hand.

I feel your pain regarding this situation. I too had a hard time limiting myself from beating the living daylights out of the malingerers in my party with the pool noodles. It's SO TEMPTING when they are laying there asleep, not to just sneak up on them and go all cave man on their behinds with a trusty pool noodle.

PRO TIP: Keep the covers turned down and the room lights turned off during those night beatings so that you can ditch the noodle and jump back into bed before the victim has the chance to turn on the lights and I.D. the perpetrator. It also helps to protect your "innocence" if you turn down the covers on the person you want to take the blame and you toss the pool noodle used in the beating over in their direction.

~NM

Just booked the first part of our split stay trip in June (6/14-16) at BCV!!! It's our first WDW trip (all other trips were to DL) and we just told our boys tonight and customized our magicbands. So excited!! I know BCV will be undergoing a reno but I hope it won't be too disruptive. Now waiting on summer promos to pick the other half of our stay :woohoo:

Just booked the first part of our split stay trip in June (6/14-16) at BCV!!! It's our first WDW trip (all other trips were to DL) and we just told our boys tonight and customized our magicbands. So excited!! I know BCV will be undergoing a reno but I hope it won't be too disruptive. Now waiting on summer promos to pick the other half of our stay :woohoo:
How exciting! Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Our stays overlap...see you there! We are DL peeps, as well! This is only our family's third trip to WDW! Can't wait!

Greeting from the land of happiness! We are on day four of our glorious experience at the Beach Club. We've been so happy with our room (deluxe CL 4557) and was thrilled that both my requests were made met for an upper floor and large balcony. We are enjoying the lounge as well. The boys love the pool and we enjoy the easy walk for HS, Epcot, Boardwalk and mini-golf. I think we are fast becoming a Beach Club family! We had two very nice chats with Teena, who is just lovely! Three more days to enjoy, unless I can find a way to stay forever........

page 199-201

My rooms have always been ready by 11:30, but I don't think that is the norm (and was CL) so I don't know if that matters.

Not sure what others have experienced with getting into their rooms in the late afternoon.

Are you hearing about late seatings at Cape May specifically or at restaurants Disney-wide? 45 minutes late is NOT ok!!!

::yes::

Dee thank you for your response. I will hope that our room is ready by 3:00.

I was hearing about late seatings at Cape May. That was last summer so maybe things have changed.

We have had dinner at Cape May seven times in the last two years and for every single one of those ADR's we've had to wait an average of 15 to 20 minutes. The ADR times were mostly between 6:30 and 7:00pm. It is rather difficult to get out of the restaurant in less than 1.5 hours. You might be seated with less waiting than we've had, though, because your reservation is for a much earlier time than ours usually is. But you might not have enough time to get to HS by 7:30pm even if you are seated on time because you have to either walk, which takes about twenty minutes, or take the boat which takes about twenty minutes plus waiting for the boat to get there, which could make the total boat trip about 40 minutes. Although, if you have a car it might work out. :)

Sue, thank you for the info. I think I will stick with the earlier time then we will not have to wait for a table to finish so we can sit down. We will have a car so we could drive if we need to. I think Toy Story Mania will close at 8:00 or 8:30 so I will make my FP+ selection for the latest time possible. If we need to we can just leave my husband at Cape May and he can join us when he is finished. Whenever we go to a seafood buffet he is always the last one finished. He just can never get enough seafood.

How many hours would you plan for a midday break, starting at what time - Epcot 9AM-11PM (evening magic hours day), considering we have easy access to walk out and back in and wish to spend time at SAB?

How many hours would you plan for a midday break, starting at what time - Epcot 9AM-11PM (evening magic hours day), considering we have easy access to walk out and back in and wish to spend time at SAB?

We are usually leaving Epcot for our mid day break right around lunch time. This trip it will be 4 - 5 hrs. We'll plan on eating some CL snacks before heading back to Epcot for some night time fun and a late dinner. But usually we take a 3 - 4 hr break. Thinking of changing, swimming, getting changed again and any other snacking and resting in between.

it does still take a bit to walk back to BC, so I'd allow 15-30 each way depending on where you start and where you end. As far as a midday break, that depends on your family - if you plan to have a nap AND the pool, you'll probably need at least 2-3 hours... just my thoughts...I love to go back and rest in the afternoon, but often, can't rest very much when I do get there - I just want to get back to the park!

We are usually leaving Epcot for our mid day break right around lunch time. This trip it will be 4 - 5 hrs. We'll plan on eating some CL snacks before heading back to Epcot for some night time fun and a late dinner. But usually we take a 3 - 4 hr break. Thinking of changing, swimming, getting changed again and any other snacking and resting in between.
We normally do the same - basically break between lunch and dinner. We swim and rest up before heading back out for the night.

Depends on many circumstances, but I'd leave the park around 3 or 4pm and return around 6pm - with kids or a larger group, I'd definitely leave by 3pm. We find that everything takes more time than we expect at Disney, particularly with three kids or a larger group. :) This isn't a negative, nor Disney's fault. Just so many things that catch someone's attention, and with more than a couple adults, we talk and walk more slowly. When we traveled with my very active parents in January, we walked at a snail's pace because we were talking, someone was stopping in a shop or, at one point, my husband and dad were "lost" in La Cava del Taquila. Breaks were far longer because getting everyone in and out of anywhere took a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter