• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all my YC/BC peeps!

It always feels like I'm coming home whenever I have to post a question here. So....I'm trying to plan a big family trip for next October as we will have three wedding anniversaries, my nephew's first visit, and with any luck, my own child's first visit (let's hope the IVF works this time around!). I'm using my leftover points from 2014, all of 2015's points, and some/all of 2016's points in order to hopefully snag a 2 BR and a studio. However, if everyone comes that says they are coming, I'll need a few more rooms. I know that BC will be going through an extensive refurb starting very soon, do you think the refurb will put a damper on the stay there? I'd hate to deal with the construction and rerouting that Poly fans are experiencing right about now. I know in the end it will be worth it, but there may be a few people coming with us that haven't been to WDW in many years, I'd hate to have them deal with renovations if at all possible. Anyone know just HOW extensive the refub is going to be? Many thanks!

PS. I'll be heading down in January for the WDW 1/2, but staying at Coronado Springs. Don't hate, TNT is paying for the stay!

Hey all my YC/BC peeps!

It always feels like I'm coming home whenever I have to post a question here. So....I'm trying to plan a big family trip for next October as we will have three wedding anniversaries, my nephew's first visit, and with any luck, my own child's first visit (let's hope the IVF works this time around!). I'm using my leftover points from 2014, all of 2015's points, and some/all of 2016's points in order to hopefully snag a 2 BR and a studio. However, if everyone comes that says they are coming, I'll need a few more rooms. I know that BC will be going through an extensive refurb starting very soon, do you think the refurb will put a damper on the stay there? I'd hate to deal with the construction and rerouting that Poly fans are experiencing right about now. I know in the end it will be worth it, but there may be a few people coming with us that haven't been to WDW in many years, I'd hate to have them deal with renovations if at all possible. Anyone know just HOW extensive the refub is going to be? Many thanks!

PS. I'll be heading down in January for the WDW 1/2, but staying at Coronado Springs. Don't hate, TNT is paying for the stay!

It's not really an extensive refurb. It's room only. The lobby is already and there is no mention of the pool being done. It's usually done in the winter.

If you read page 1 I believe there is a lot of updated info on the refurb.

Hey all my YC/BC peeps!

:wave2:

Awesome to see you back here!!!

All of the info we have about the refurb is in the first post of this thread.

This is what we know- the work is mostly interior, rooms and hallways. We have not heard that there will be the construction destruction like is occurring at the Poly. Everything possible will be done to avoid disruption to guests- areas being worked on will be taken out of service while being refurbed.

We don't have timetables for the work, but we believe it will be about 10 months to a year for the BC rehab and then the YC rehab will start.

Somewhere in between, we have heard that the BCV will undergo some rehab work, but we don't know the scope or extent of the work on the villas.

Hope that helps.

And my fingers are crossed for happy news for your family!

:cloud9:

We are making a quick trip to Disney next fall. Quick for us is 7 nights with 5 days of park tickets. I feel like I should give some background info but know that no one really wants to read it, lol. We've (2 adults, 2 kids under 10) been to Disney several times and as recently as last month. This past trip was planned rather quickly but we stayed 12 days in a junior suite at Coronado Springs. I was not pleased with the resort, while beautiful, our room location had way too much traffic way too late in the evening (and we typically close the parks down). I unfortunately did not realize preferred room equaled room 50 feet away from convention doors.

So I am looking for a room or rooms that are not necessarily quiet, Lord knows by boys aren't, but with not too much traffic flow. We will likely spend mid afternoons most days at the pool. Also, we will be taking advantage of the boats to both Hollywood Studios and especially Epcot, as well as the Boardwalk on Saturdays (my husband cannot miss college football and loves the ESPN club), quite a bit. We are also not adverse to walking to Epcot, depending on the location of our room and how tired our 8 and 10 year olds are. Something else we need is either a balcony or a sitting area, as both my husband and I like to relax with a glass or wine or beer while they children go to sleep. We do not necessarily need a suite or separate seating area if we have a balcony.

So, what do you guys suggest given our wants/needs in a room or rooms? Which resort, floor, room location? I have stayed at the Beach Club before but our needs have since changed. Thanks so much for reading and any advice you may offer. I can look at a map and study the layout but I did that with CSR and found that if I had asked in advance, I could have saved myself some less than magical experiences.

Hey all my YC/BC peeps!

The BC rehab will be done by October 2015 ... it will be going on in the BCV and YC then. And it's nothing like the Poly. You won't even know it is going on even if you were staying while it was going on. They only do an area at a time and of course those rooms are taken out of inventory.

We are making a quick trip to Disney next fall. Quick for us is 7 nights with 5 days of park tickets. I feel like I should give some background info but know that no one really wants to read it, lol. We've (2 adults, 2 kids under 10) been to Disney several times and as recently as last month. This past trip was planned rather quickly but we stayed 12 days in a junior suite at Coronado Springs. I was not pleased with the resort, while beautiful, our room location had way too much traffic way too late in the evening (and we typically close the parks down). I unfortunately did not realize preferred room equaled room 50 feet away from convention doors.

So I am looking for a room or rooms that are not necessarily quiet, Lord knows by boys aren't, but with not too much traffic flow. We will likely spend mid afternoons most days at the pool. Also, we will be taking advantage of the boats to both Hollywood Studios and especially Epcot, as well as the Boardwalk on Saturdays (my husband cannot miss college football and loves the ESPN club), quite a bit. We are also not adverse to walking to Epcot, depending on the location of our room and how tired our 8 and 10 year olds are. Something else we need is either a balcony or a sitting area, as both my husband and I like to relax with a glass or wine or beer while they children go to sleep. We do not necessarily need a suite or separate seating area if we have a balcony.

So, what do you guys suggest given our wants/needs in a room or rooms? Which resort, floor, room location? I have stayed at the Beach Club before but our needs have since changed. Thanks so much for reading and any advice you may offer. I can look at a map and study the layout but I did that with CSR and found that if I had asked in advance, I could have saved myself some less than magical experiences.

:welcome: to this thread!

Your description leads me to recommend Yacht Club to you.

Since you need a balcony or sitting area, you are better off at YC. Only about half of the rooms at the BC have full balconies.

I haven't personally experienced it, only having stays at the BC, but the perception is that the YC tends to be quieter (especially the lobby area) because it is a convention hotel, and does not have the chaos of families waiting to dine at the Cape May Character breakfast.

Plus, if you will be using the boats a lot, the dock is closer to YC (but the walk to EPCOT from YC is not bad at all)

Not sure how best to word a request for a peaceful room.

"End of hallway, if possible" or "Away from elevators"

Please let us know when you book.

:cool1:

Did anyone take advantage of room only discounts in the season around May last year? I'm wondering what was available for bc? Since standard is already booked for my dates, I'm guessing that's out, but maybe garden view? Or was it only club level? We really want to stay there, but we'd need the discount.

I'd request YC as all rooms have a full balcony. We had a room fairly close to lobby elevator & found it quiet, never heard any noise from hallway.

The welcome drink is something they recently started at the Y&B for club level guests. Everybody checking in should be offered the drink and there is a non-alcoholic drink for the younger set. If you check in and are not offered the drink (for whatever reason), just ask for it. You can always say, "I heard you now offer a welcome toast???"
Well that explains it then :laughing: it's only at YC/BC!! Nice touch, maybe they'll start doing it at all CLs.

I'm coming out of hiding... I think I can handle reading Y/BC thread now! I missed being here!

Oh yea.. I booked a trip today!! Can't wait for the next 97 days to pass by!!
~N
:banana: Welcome Home! I still can't believe I miss you by a day :faint:

I was wondering how hard do you think it'll be to get same day ADR's or day before ADR's for some of the restaurants at the BC and Boardwalk???

We will be there 8/26-9/5/15.

I really don't want to be overscheduled. My plan is to make ADR's for our "must do's." Which are Chef Mickey's for DS, CRT for DD, BOG for me and Cali Grill for an adults only dinner.

I know I want to try Flying Fish, Yachtsmen, Cape May breakfast, Captain's Grill and B&C. I just don't know what days. We are midday break people and lounge at the pool and will sometimes decide while at the pool what our evening plans will be. If we want to go to a park at night, stay at the pool, go to DTD, stroll around the boardwalk.

Before I would have dinner ADR's and the kids weren't too happy. Now with the $10 pp cancellation fee I don't want to go through that.

So how hard would it be to get these around that time of year for the same day?

I'd say for B&C and Cape May breakfast you would have zero chance of getting an adr without booking well ahead, they're very popular. The others you may have a chance booking day of, if you're flexible in times, like early or late times.

Did anyone take advantage of room only discounts in the season around May last year? I'm wondering what was available for bc? Since standard is already booked for my dates, I'm guessing that's out, but maybe garden view? Or was it only club level? We really want to stay there, but we'd need the discount.

Mousesavers has a list of historical discounts that you can look at if you search "mousesavers historical disney discounts" (I'm not sure if this link is allowed? :confused3). According to the site, there was a 25%-30% off room only discount available for May last year. :thumbsup2

:welcome: to this thread!

Your description leads me to recommend Yacht Club to you.

Since you need a balcony or sitting area, you are better off at YC. Only about half of the rooms at the BC have full balconies.

I haven't personally experienced it, only having stays at the BC, but the perception is that the YC tends to be quieter (especially the lobby area) because it is a convention hotel, and does not have the chaos of families waiting to dine at the Cape May Character breakfast.

Plus, if you will be using the boats a lot, the dock is closer to YC (but the walk to EPCOT from YC is not bad at all)

Not sure how best to word a request for a peaceful room.

"End of hallway, if possible" or "Away from elevators"

Please let us know when you book.

:cool1:

I'd request YC as all rooms have a full balcony. We had a room fairly close to lobby elevator & found it quiet, never heard any noise from hallway.

Having just spent time at the YC last week, I agree with Dee and Sue M, go with the YC. It was extremely quiet and the walk to Epcot was really not bad!

Well that explains it then :laughing: it's only at YC/BC!! Nice touch, maybe they'll start doing it at all CLs.

:banana: Welcome Home! I still can't believe I miss you by a day :faint:

AKL CL offers and has been offering Mimosa's for a while now! Yum!!!

Lol! We will meet up eventually!!!

~N

Shower issue worked out. I adjusted the head and now there is no wind issue. The precious guest must love splash mountain ;)

Now my prob is that I bought two HM bags! Yesterday I found the cross body and grabbed it, but today they had the letter carrier which I didn't think I wanted but I saw a woman with one the other day and really liked the look

After much deliberation over dates and Wdw vs DcL, we have confirmed our stay! Doing CR 11/15 and switch to YC GV 11/16-24. After that we head to Marco Island til 12/1. :cool1:
16 days to go!!

Shower issue worked out. I adjusted the head and now there is no wind issue. The precious guest must love splash mountain ;)

Now my prob is that I bought two HM bags! Yesterday I found the cross body and grabbed it, but today they had the letter carrier which I didn't think I wanted but I saw a woman with one the other day and really liked the look

I very much respect someone who has this problem. :)

Yay!! So excited to be headed back to the BC late March! :cheer2::cheer2:

We are going to stay CL again and I'm excited for it has been awhile since we stayed on the CL floor. Have the rooms been changed? I read on here the lounge was expanded/updated but didn't know if the rooms were too. Do you think there will be any construction in March? I mean noticeable not individual room upgrades. We thought about the YC but wanted to see the new lounge, lol!

Mousesavers has a list of historical discounts that you can look at if you search "mousesavers historical disney discounts" (I'm not sure if this link is allowed? :confused3). According to the site, there was a 25%-30% off room only discount available for May last year. :thumbsup2

I've checked that out but unfortunately it doesn't cover room categories. Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter