2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help from YC fans. Currently staying there and my shower is like a pressure washer. I turn it on and it is so forceful it blows the curtain all over not to mention it bounces up off the tub floor. Night one it was so bad it flooded out behind the toilet. Last night I discovered if I leave the door open it is some better but it leaves in cold air and the cloth part still flys towards the door and the plastic part comes hurtling towards me as I stand in the tub it is clean looking but I really don't want it touching me nor do I want to continue recreating 7 Seas lagoon in my bathroom. I have stayed here before and never had this nwhat do I do?

Imagine Kramer and the illegal elephant shower head on Seinfeld and that is what I face :)

Call engineering on your phone and ask to speak to an engineering manager. Hopefully they will take care of it asap.

Need some help from YC fans. Currently staying there and my shower is like a pressure washer. I turn it on and it is so forceful it blows the curtain all over not to mention it bounces up off the tub floor. Night one it was so bad it flooded out behind the toilet. Last night I discovered if I leave the door open it is some better but it leaves in cold air and the cloth part still flys towards the door and the plastic part comes hurtling towards me as I stand in the tub it is clean looking but I really don't want it touching me nor do I want to continue recreating 7 Seas lagoon in my bathroom. I have stayed here before and never had this nwhat do I do?

Imagine Kramer and the illegal elephant shower head on Seinfeld and that is what I face :)

Did you try turning the actual shower head? We had to do it last week as whoever had the room before us had turned it so much that it came out like a power washer. Once we turned it, we found we could adjust it to our liking :).

Did you try turning the actual shower head? We had to do it last week as whoever had the room before us had turned it so much that it came out like a power washer. Once we turned it, we found we could adjust it to our liking :).

I agree.. We just got back. Rotate the entire head and it will change. I like it coming out the middle in a heavy waterfall

We are having same problem at Beach Club right now...we flooded the bathroom! :rotfl:

I found one setting that works, and make sure you have the shower curtain inside the tub with the magnets as far apart to each end as they can go. That seemed to work.

So this is my third time at Yacht/Beach - second time at Beach Club. I still like it here, but the buses this time have not been so great. Twice we waited over 35 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom.

I do like the sandwiches at the Marketplace.

Did have a not so friendly cast member help us at Hurricane Hannah's, was the only time I've actually gotten annoyed here.

Did not get my room request.

Cast members at front desk are fantastic.

Did not enjoy housekeeping knocking on our door every morning before or around 8 am. Never had that happen before. Finally started putting do not disturb sign out, but then they never came back. I had to request a late cleaning. :confused3

Rooms are fine, but I can see the need for a refurb and luck of the draw, but two VERY noisy families next to us. Up early and sooooo loud.

The pool is still awesome as always.

It's a shame you really can't get into Beaches and Cream at all unless you are ordering ice cream to go or have an ADR. Tried all hours of the day.

Finishing up 9 nights, great stay, but I think we may be done with the Epcot resorts for a bit, may try the new Polynesian next time we come back (2017).

2 days until our first YC stay! Woohoo! Thanks to this thread I can obsessively look at pictures of the resort and just start picturing myself there! Can't wait to start our stay! Looks like Saturday may be too cold to really swim but that's ok... we weren't planning on some serious pool time until Sunday and Monday so hopefully the weather will warm back up again! Can't wait!!! :cheer2:

page 85-90

Catching up on the past few days.

View Comments

Just returned from a really nice stay at the BC. Room was clean/fresh and only issue I really noticed was a rusted sprinkler head on bathroom ceiling.

Here was our view.

DSC_1536.jpg

Thanks for letting us know about your stay and for posting the view picture. Would you mind if I posted this to the View Thread on the Resort Photo subforum?

Do you know the room number?

:goodvibes

Here is our garden view :goodvibes

imagejpg1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you!

Same question- ok to post this to the view thread? Do you know the room number (if you are home)

:)

This is our GV ..see why I didn't want to move! (Ps, never had another smoking incident after that)
14cvi2q.jpg

Sunrise this morning
ta4v1y.jpg

Ps.. Anyone like tea?? Order room service and ask for Martin.. He was amazing!!

I am in 3093 now.. (Checking out this morning) It is the view above. It is very close to the lobby elevators. If you ask to be "near 3093" you should be good for either the quiet pool (even numbered rooms) or wedding gazebo (odd numbered)

Same question- ok to add your posts to the view thread?

Thanks. Just discovered I can see illuminations fireworks from balcony. !

:thumbsup2

page 85-90 Continued

Catching up on the past few days.

It's official - YC CL - GV Feb 1-5 - 99 days to go!

I'll get this info onto the Be Our Guest list!

:woohoo:

Checked into BCV yesterday and everything going great. Spent yesterday at mk and Epcot. Crowded last night at Epcot but we still had fun. Dinner yesterday at cape May which we all enjoyed. They brought a bday cupcake out for DS and an anniversary dessert for us. Breakfast today at captains grille which we all loved, we had the buffet. Spent the morning at Epcot and got everything done we wanted. Fantastic time so far :)

My only issue was at the chip & dale character great today. DS was having a great time visiting, we were trying to get him to walk alway from them (though we certainly not taking longer than anyone else. One of the character handlers muttered next to me something about us saying to hurry up, we were wasting time. She said it right next to me. I thought it was hurtful. DS has autism and had a great time, but what she said hurt me

Thanks for checking in with us during your trip.

I am sorry to hear that about your character meet. C&D are my favorite characters and that stinks that the handler made it a less than magical experience :(

Hi everyone! I am excited to say we have booked our very first Beach Club stay from 4/19-4/27! We are celebrating our 13th anniversary and letting our 3 kids ds9,dd7,and dd5 join us. I have spent the afternoon reading this thread and picked up some great tips, thanks to everyone who has posted them. I am super excited and can't wait for April to come,our kids have no idea we are going! I am sure I will be asking a few questions between now and then, so thanks in advance to anyone who answers them.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Anyone like tea?? Order room service and ask for Martin.. He was amazing!!

We are home!

It was a great stay. I was upset with the smoking at first, but we never had another incident.

I mentioned about Martin from Room Service.. He was so great. my 16 yo DD likes Earl Grey. So I ordered a pot of coffee for DH and I and tea for her. I have found that it is worth the money for a pot of coffee and cream when staying in the World. The coffee pods are ok, but just not great for coffee addicts like us... Anyway, Martin arrives, spreads out the table cloth, accent napkin sets everything up and then explains the tea service to DD. He brought an orchid and told her how to place it in the cup and poor the hot water on it (it was an edible orchid) because the fragrence mixes with the cardamom and then lace the top with honey. He had a tea pocket and explained why and how British officers carried them. It was a 20 minute chat we had with him. He has been to butler school, sent to India to learn tea service. he also got a nice tip on top of the 18% because he was just so great to take the time to explain that to a teenager who loves her tea.
he might be her new favorite CM over Richard at the Grand!

ETA- Martin also brought us heated mugs and extra cream for our coffee in case we wanted more for the pod maker.

We ordered coffee and tea again this morning and while we had a nice server and the table cloth again, no heated cups and just tea packets placed on a dish.

Ok.. I will write more tomorrow. I am tired and need to get to bed!

Have a great night.. As much as I love YC and Disney, I missed my big bed!

Thank you for the great report and I love your story about Martin and the tea service!

Hope you had a chance to rest up from your trip. Isn't that a funny thing about Disney vacations!

We stopped at the Beach Club lobby tonight and had a great visit with Teena. She is always fun to talk to. :). We also had time to roast a couple of marshmallows over the campfire before dinner at Cape May. The weather has been fantastic, low humidity, lots of sun, not too hot during the day and a little cool at night. We hoping to bounce back to the BC in April..:)

We were able to book a room only bounce back for April but we could only get it for the YC. We had hoped to return to the BC but they only had club level rooms available for our dates. So, Dee, please add us to the BOG list, YC GV - April 15 - 21, 2015. :)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Can you keep checking for BC, even with a bounceback booked?

:cool1:

We arrived yesterday and had a great experience. We landed 30 minutes early, but it took about 2 hours from touch down (not arriving at the gate) to leave MCO on ME. We had to wait for the second bus and then wait for that bus to fill. We were the 3rd stop and arrived about 2 PM. We were met at the DME bus by CM Jeanine and greeted and brought directly to the BCV. Our Villa was ready. There is a Concierge Desk in the Villa lobby from 9 AM to 4 PM. I don't know how long that has been there or how long it will be here.
We had a great CM experience too. I had had some medical equipment I needed shipped and it was at the YC Convention Center. My DH went to pick it up about 2:30 and they close at 1 PM on Sundays. He found someone in the Center and explained it was medical equipment and she found CM Peggy, a weekend manager at the Convention Center. She was wonderful and went out of her way to find our box, and she brought it directly to our Villa for us. She wouldn't accept a tip and overall she was wonderful.
We had a great afternoon and evening at Epcot at the F & W festival. We had dinner at Biergarden and enjoyed it very much.
Today is beautiful. It is warm and dry and not a cloud in the beautiful blue sky. It is our full day at Epcot. We were out early for an early FP + for Soarin'
We're back in the room for a bit before we head back to Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli.
I stopped by and saw Teena briefly. As always she is in great demand and I didn't want to take her away from other guests.

Thanks for letting us know how your stay is going so far.

Sorry to hear about the long wait for ME- so disappointing when you are so excited to get there and you have to sit and wait.

When you get home, you should definitely let Disney and the GM at the Yacht and Beach know how helpful Peggy was to you.

I'm coming out of hiding... I think I can handle reading Y/BC thread now! I missed being here!

Oh yea.. I booked a trip today!! Can't wait for the next 97 days to pass by!!
~N

:welcome: back, my friend!!!

:hug:

Happy happy! My persistence paid off this morning. BC availability showed up for our December 25th anniversary trip!! I'll take that Garden View. Thanks for the advice to keep trying.

Dee - we have changed our reservation and are now officially booked at BC December 6 - 10. Hoping to grab the 5th too - will keep trying for that. Please add us to the BOG list :) :)

Rebecca

:banana::banana::banana:

Does anyone know if they can do Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique hairstyles on kids at the yacht club spa/salon?

Good question! I don't know, but I will add in the contact info for the spa.

Periwig's Beauty and Barber Shop, a unisex salon, is located between Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Hours are Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Call (407) 934-3260 for information.

We are having same problem at Beach Club right now...we flooded the bathroom! :rotfl:

I found one setting that works, and make sure you have the shower curtain inside the tub with the magnets as far apart to each end as they can go. That seemed to work.

So this is my third time at Yacht/Beach - second time at Beach Club. I still like it here, but the buses this time have not been so great. Twice we waited over 35 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom.

I do like the sandwiches at the Marketplace.

Did have a not so friendly cast member help us at Hurricane Hannah's, was the only time I've actually gotten annoyed here.

Did not get my room request.

Cast members at front desk are fantastic.

Did not enjoy housekeeping knocking on our door every morning before or around 8 am. Never had that happen before. Finally started putting do not disturb sign out, but then they never came back. I had to request a late cleaning. :confused3

Rooms are fine, but I can see the need for a refurb and luck of the draw, but two VERY noisy families next to us. Up early and sooooo loud.

The pool is still awesome as always.

It's a shame you really can't get into Beaches and Cream at all unless you are ordering ice cream to go or have an ADR. Tried all hours of the day.

Finishing up 9 nights, great stay, but I think we may be done with the Epcot resorts for a bit, may try the new Polynesian next time we come back (2017).

We appreciate the review of your trip- the good, bad and the ugly.

Wish you could make a room request like "No noisy neighbors, please!"

;)

2 days until our first YC stay! Woohoo! Thanks to this thread I can obsessively look at pictures of the resort and just start picturing myself there! Can't wait to start our stay! Looks like Saturday may be too cold to really swim but that's ok... we weren't planning on some serious pool time until Sunday and Monday so hopefully the weather will warm back up again! Can't wait!!! :cheer2:

Have a fantastic trip!!!

:yay:

Thanks everyone I will see about turning the head on the shower I didn't notice it had adjustments :). That was like showering in a wind tunnel on a rainy day. Last night I took a bath and used my refillable cup to rinse my hair.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Can you keep checking for BC, even with a bounceback booked?

Yes, once you book a bounce back you can change the dates, the resort, the category, etc, as long as there is availability for your dates. I haven't been successful yet when trying to find availability for the BC, but I'll try. The BC is very popular and I think Disney really limits the discounts for this resort. I can only hope that they open up more rooms for the discount.

One thing that I learned about these bounce back offers was that you can book as many trips as you want with the offer.

Yes, once you book a bounce back you can change the dates, the resort, the category, etc, as long as there is availability for your dates. I haven't been successful yet when trying to find availability for the BC, but I'll try. The BC is very popular and I think Disney really limits the discounts for this resort. I can only hope that they open up more rooms for the discount.

One thing that I learned about these bounce back offers was that you can book as many trips as you want with the offer.

Thanks!

Hi Dee, You can add myself, DH, DD and maybe DSonIL to February YC CL 1-9 I'm calling this trip "Celebration of Life" :)

Thanks
~N

Got a pin code for 35% off and were able to book BC CL May 7-12th!! ::banana:: Girls Only!:cheer2:

So excited we finally get to come home to the BC to celebrate our birthdays together. First pin code ever!!! Can't wait to see all the changes since we were there last year. Hope to meet Teena too! :) Please add us to the list!

Good question! I don't know, but I will add in the contact info for the spa. Periwig's Beauty and Barber Shop, a unisex salon, is located between Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Hours are Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Call (407) 934-3260 for information. :)

Just called and they do offer updos for little girls!!! 30 mins and 35$. They also offer little girl mani & pedis! So glad I can do this since I haven't been able to get a Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique reservation!

Thank you!

Same question- ok to post this to the view thread? Do you know the room number (if you are home)

Same question- ok to add your posts to the view thread?

yep! have at it. It was a perfect view

page 91

Hi Dee, You can add myself, DH, DD and maybe DSonIL to February YC CL 1-9 I'm calling this trip "Celebration of Life" :)

Thanks
~N

Thanks for the dates!

I'll get you right on there!

:cheer2:

Got a pin code for 35% off and were able to book BC CL May 7-12th!! ::banana:: Girls Only!:cheer2:

So excited we finally get to come home to the BC to celebrate our birthdays together. First pin code ever!!! Can't wait to see all the changes since we were there last year. Hope to meet Teena too! :) Please add us to the list!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Just called and they do offer updos for little girls!!! 30 mins and 35$. They also offer little girl mani & pedis! So glad I can do this since I haven't been able to get a Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique reservation!

That's great, and thank you for sharing the info. Now we know!

In honour of Halloween I've just posted my next trip report update which is a horror story, also known as our room view.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52539276#post52539276

Be right there!

yep! have at it. It was a perfect view

Thanks!

we are also going 19. February to 1. March 2015 BCR (Disney Princess Run GSC) :-)

:welcome: to the DIS and to this forum!

I'll add yo to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter