2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually put a balloon in the room- the movement from the balloon is enough to keep the AC running!!!!
This is too funny. And balloons not only trigger thermostat sensors, they can also trigger alarm motion sensors too. I work for a furniture retail company and our advertising department loves to promote the various groups that are on sale by attaching balloons to them so a customer can easily find these groups. Sounds great right?!?!? Well when everyone leaves and the HVAC kicks on or one of these little guys gets loose and floats around the alarm system doesn't think its Tinkerbell but a big bad burglar. Well the police in our area don't really like false alarms (can't say I blame them) and have started imposing fines for repeat false alarms. The city that we have the majority of our stores in is $250 a incident. I had to make some major tweaks to our systems so that we have some give with these balloons and even with these changes we still occasionally get these incidents. Needless to say I actually made the advertising department accrue for these fines because I was sick of them coming out of my operation budget. ;)

Got Sudafed at airport. It went ok ...ears not too bad. Home doing wash now. Thanks for all the advice everybody.

Jeanne flies here for the Europe cruise on June 9th. Then Jeanne and Lily come on June 26 and stay until July 21st.

Sorry you are sick, but so great that you will have so much time with the girls over the next two months. Wonderful!

Alright YC/BC friends, I need some encouragement. We have a wonderful trip planned from June10-17. We are staying at the YC for the 4th year in a row. I love this resort so much. All of our trips have included my DH, 2 daughters, and myself.

Well, I've decided to upgrade my tickets and my daughters' tickets to APs. Here is where I get a little nervous. We have planned a trip in the fall to WDW and we will be staying at POR. This is a new resort for me, and the first trip without my husband. He has to work, so he won't be joining us. We are also bringing my 16 year old daughter's best friend.

I know this will be a great trip. It is just very different than the trips we have taken in the past. POR looks beautiful and we will be in a royal room. I guess it's just the thought of being the only adult with 2 sixteen year olds and a 12 year old that gives me pause.

I got the same one a couple of days ago. I know receiving magic bands is no big deal for those that go four times every year. For us once every three year people though, wowzer!

It was a huge deal for us since we only visit WDW once every 4 or 5 years!!! This is obviously our first trip with the whole My Magic +. We alternate between Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, my wife is from Japan) and WDW. I'm hoping we get to Paris in 2017 and someday to Hong Kong and Shanghai!! We are dreamers!

Alright YC/BC friends, I need some encouragement. We have a wonderful trip planned from June10-17. We are staying at the YC for the 4th year in a row. I love this resort so much. All of our trips have included my DH, 2 daughters, and myself.

Well, I've decided to upgrade my tickets and my daughters' tickets to APs. Here is where I get a little nervous. We have planned a trip in the fall to WDW and we will be staying at POR. This is a new resort for me, and the first trip without my husband. He has to work, so he won't be joining us. We are also bringing my 16 year old daughter's best friend.

I know this will be a great trip. It is just very different than the trips we have taken in the past. POR looks beautiful and we will be in a royal room. I guess it's just the thought of being the only adult with 2 sixteen year olds and a 12 year old that gives me pause.

We loved POR...it's the best moderate resort many say. When you get overwhelmed by the teen angst just head out your door and take a walk through the Port Orleans grounds...they are beautiful...or hop on the boat down the sassagoula river...very relaxing!

It was a huge deal for us since we only visit WDW once every 4 or 5 years!!! This is obviously our first trip with the whole My Magic +. We alternate between Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, my wife is from Japan) and WDW. I'm hoping we get to Paris in 2017 and someday to Hong Kong and Shanghai!! We are dreamers!

Awesome! Yeah, in our case, we are big Disneyland people. This is only our second trip to WDW as a family. Last one was 2012. This will be our first with Magic Bands. Don't think we'll be back again for three more years. It's hard to justify the expense when Disneyland is in your backyard.

Last edited:

I'll try.

My next trip is to a value (All Star Movies), with 112 teens and 30 other adults trying to run the trip. Although I will miss the Beach Club (terribly) and the members of my immediate family who will not be there with me, I can't wait.

On second thought... "Help Me!"

You will have a great trip. It will be different. But great!

:goodvibes:

PS- It will be so much fun for your daughter having her friend with her. And that will allow you to have some one-on-one time with your younger daughter.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested, Chef Mickey is now open for reservations for brunch - starting May 31 I think. Just a "heads-up" in case you are still looking for a Mickey Character buffet....Chef Mickey is kind of hard to get sometimes...but I got in and was able to change my breakfast to a brunch for our last day - I figured that a last hug from Mickey would help us with our late afternoon travel!!

When do they give you your parking pass? We stayed CL at WL in January and the gate guard handed it to me. When we stayed at CBR in February I didn't get mine until I went to the online check in desk. My DH is not with us the whole trip. We will have separate vehicles and arriving at different times on check in day. He has mobility issues so I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for him. Hmmmm....now that I think about it maybe I will just have him valet park.

At Beaches and Cream now, they will make any Sundae to go. I have some happy big kids!!

Are you inside and getting sundaes to go or are you able to get any sundae at the "to go" window???

Wow! So we can get a No Way Jose at the takeout window? SWEET!!!!

Sweet News!

We have planned a trip in the fall to WDW and we will be staying at POR. This is a new resort for me, and the first trip without my husband. He has to work, so he won't be joining us. We are also bringing my 16 year old daughter's best friend.

The DD16 + guest will want to pair up and avoid mom and little sister. Then the DD12 will become your best friend. I have good thoughts for your girl trip!

We loved POR...it's the best moderate resort many say. When you get overwhelmed by the teen angst just head out your door and take a walk through the Port Orleans grounds...they are beautiful...or hop on the boat down the sassagoula river...very relaxing!

I agree with @ichabody. I stay at French Quarter and POR more than any other resort when visiting WDW, I have loved it for decades. Last year we tried Coronado. This year we picked Beach Club, our first deluxe.

I agree with natebenma...you'll be getting a lot of one on one time with your 12 year old! The 16 year olds will want to do their own thing, but that's ok because it's Disney! I would be worried about letting them roam free somewhere else, but not at Disney. Just know their plans and make them check in with you often via cell phone...I don't know what parents did before cell phones (worry even more)?? I took a road trip with my 11 and 16 year old daughters (without my husband) last fall, to meet up with my 16 year old's friend, and we had a great time! I was nervous too, but it was somewhat of an adventure:) I think you'll have a great time! As for the AP, we got ours a few years ago when we realized they could "pay for themselves" in two trips...it used to take three trips, but park ticket prices keep going up!

We've never had a problem taking our teens to Disney. They were always up in time for rope drop. They always let us know where they were going if we let them go off to a park by themselves. They were thrilled to be at Disney and wanted to have fun, not fight or pout or complain. Those trips were great. :)

ETA: If they weren't perfect then at least I wiped it from my memory so that now I only remember the good times. :)

Last edited:
That's good to know. We heard that they were using a limited menu at the "to go" window so we booked a reservation. How was the lunch at Crew's Cup? We are planning on trying it this August.

We really like Crew's Cup and yesterday lunch did not disappoint, highly recommend!

Teena - feel better soon!

Rebecca - hope you had your best trip yet!

Dee - your dad sounds like a great guy!

Can't wait to see all of you in August!!!!

Tonight is DD's Junior Prom. Where did the time go? Seems like my girls were just wearing Cinderella gowns and doing BBB!

Robyn - we truly had a fantastic trip. It was so wonderful to have my family together at Disney once again! Although, it was hot, hot, hot and we were not expecting the heat similar to the summer, but we made the best of it going to parks early, back to the Beach Club early afternoon and back out in the evenings. We saw all 3 night time shows in the parks, think this was a first for us. The new rooms are lovely and the new lounge is so spacious and the offerings are expanded over recent years. The CL CM's were just so friendly, welcoming and accommodating. We also had delicious dinners at Chefs de France, Jiko and Kona Cafe. Also, good lunches at Beaches and Cream (after we bailed on our BOG lunch ADR - that was a disaster) and Crew's Cup.

I hope prom went well. Where does the time go?.....

Rebecca

Ice Cream ordered from To Go window at Beaches and Cream yesterday. Partially consumed, I asked them to stop
Eating so I could take some quick pictures. A No Way Jose....
That looks delicious. I've never had a No Way Jose but I think DH and I will have to try one of them on our next trip. ::yes::

We really like Crew's Cup and yesterday lunch did not disappoint, highly recommend!
We always eat at least one meal at Crew's Cup. It is a nice, quiet place for lunch, and a good way to cool off on a hot day.

we truly had a fantastic trip. It was so wonderful to have my family together at Disney once again! Although, it was hot, hot, hot and we were not expecting the heat similar to the summer, but we made the best of it going to parks early, back to the Beach Club early afternoon and back out in the evenings.
I'm glad you had a great trip. Our weather last month was much hotter than we expected, too, but it made the pools even more enjoyable. :)

Awesome! Yeah, in our case, we are big Disneyland people. This is only our second trip to WDW as a family. Last one was 2012. This will be our first with Magic Bands. Don't think we'll be back again for three more years. It's hard to justify the expense when Disneyland is in your backyard.

We lived one hour away from Disneyland for a few years and IT WAS GREAT!! We had an annual pass for one of those years and I think we spent more days in Disneyland than out that year! The expense for a WDW is significant, but worth every penny if you plan it right! This will be our third family trip..first since 2009!!! I went by myself twice since then...when I was on business trips to Orlando...my kids still hate me for going by myself!

When do they give you your parking pass? We stayed CL at WL in January and the gate guard handed it to me. When we stayed at CBR in February I didn't get mine until I went to the online check in desk. My DH is not with us the whole trip. We will have separate vehicles and arriving at different times on check in day. He has mobility issues so I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for him. Hmmmm....now that I think about it maybe I will just have him valet park.

Isn't this board great?!?! Many times I've been typing away and BAM, the solution to my problem presents itself....I guess it's the magic in this thread!

Robyn - we truly had a fantastic trip. It was so wonderful to have my family together at Disney once again! Although, it was hot, hot, hot and we were not expecting the heat similar to the summer, but we made the best of it going to parks early, back to the Beach Club early afternoon and back out in the evenings. We saw all 3 night time shows in the parks, think this was a first for us. The new rooms are lovely and the new lounge is so spacious and the offerings are expanded over recent years. The CL CM's were just so friendly, welcoming and accommodating. We also had delicious dinners at Chefs de France, Jiko and Kona Cafe. Also, good lunches at Beaches and Cream (after we bailed on our BOG lunch ADR - that was a disaster) and Crew's Cup.

I hope prom went well. Where does the time go?.....

Rebecca

Oooh...BOG disaster story....can you elaborate? Don't mean to pry, but you know we all love a good disaster story! Oh, and hey, if you're gonna cancel BOG then the next best thing is definitely Beaches and Cream! Thanks for all moments you shared from your trip :)

That's funny...we are thinking about doing the whole DL/Hollywood/LA thing too and maybe adding Hawaii into the mix since we'll be half-way there(almost). We are NOT looking at colleges out there, however! I told my DD it has to be "driveable" and that's by my definition...8 hrs or less! I've heard DL is disappointing for those who love WDW because it's so small in comparison, but I still want to check it out for myself!
I grew up in Southern California, and cant recall how many dozens of times I've been to DL. Pirates is better there, for sure. And they have Cars Land, if you plan to go to California Adventure.

Ice Cream ordered from To Go window at Beaches and Cream yesterday. Partially consumed, I asked them to stop
Eating so I could take some quick pictures. A No Way Jose....

View attachment 98488 View attachment 98489

That looks delicious! I just thought about how I wont have to listen to Amara complain about the wait while w get Liam's peanut-free ice cream. And I won't have to swat her for being such a noodge about an allergy he clearly can't control and doesn't exactly want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter