2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are checking in on Saturday, Nov. 7. Our plans are to check in, and then return our rental car to the WDW Dolphin hotel and walk back to the Beach Club. About how long should we expect our walk to be? Just want to be prepared!
We did the exact same thing last year. With dd ds and dh took us about 10 minutes. We sang "Happy" all the way there! We were more than a little excited to very at WDW!

Lounge opens to guests tomorrow morning at 7 AM. It is absolutely beautiful and huge. It far exceeded my expectations ... I can't wait for everybody to see it. Rehab has not started on the fifth floor. Last I heard was sometime in October.

So excited that it's finished! I'll be seeing it for the first time on Christmas Eve! I cannot wait :)

Lounge opens to guests tomorrow morning at 7 AM. It is absolutely beautiful and huge. It far exceeded my expectations ... I can't wait for everybody to see it. Rehab has not started on the fifth floor. Last I heard was sometime in October.

I think I need to plan a new trip!

Lounge opens to guests tomorrow morning at 7 AM. It is absolutely beautiful and huge. It far exceeded my expectations ... I can't wait for everybody to see it.

Rehab has not started on the fifth floor. Last I heard was sometime in October.

Great timing. So excited.

Have you tried this. We used it last trip and walked right in. It allows you to order your meal when you make your Fastpass (it does NOT affect your regular FP). Otherwise you walk in, order and be seated.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

Well, guess this is one of the downfalls of doing a reservation through a travel agency. My reservation number doesn't get accepted so I can't sign in. Bummer. Thanks anyway.

Katesdad

Lounge opens to guests tomorrow morning at 7 AM. It is absolutely beautiful and huge. It far exceeded my expectations ... I can't wait for everybody to see it.

Would love to see what they've done! ::yes::

Well, guess this is one of the downfalls of doing a reservation through a travel agency. My reservation number doesn't get accepted so I can't sign in. Bummer. Thanks anyway.

Katesdad

There should be a twelve digit reservation number lurking somewhere in your MDE account. Only the twelve digit number will work. If you are taking the Magical Express, then the number will be on your luggage tags. If you are doing online check in, the number appears there somewhere. It might even be in the URL code. I think there are a few other places to find it. The restaurant forum discussion threads talk about ways to get the fast pass.

Katesdad

Katesdad
My reservation number was from a travel agency - but they gave me a disney number. I had no trouble using that website for a BOG fast pass. I had to keep trying though, as I think it didn't open for me until about 30 or less days out.

Keep trying. And good luck. We enjoyed our meal there.

Well, guess this is one of the downfalls of doing a reservation through a travel agency. My reservation number doesn't get accepted so I can't sign in. Bummer. Thanks anyway. Katesdad

Our last trip was with a TA, we were still able to access lunch FP+ with no problem. You just need to find your 12 digit reservation number & at 28 days out you can book.

Here is the link to the Be Our Guest info thread containing everything you need (including how to find/pull up your 12 digit reservation number on your MDE account) to get a Lunch FP+.

Page one for everything you'll need. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3310867

Can you please add us to the list? BC Aug 21-28th. Thanks so much for this thread! This is our second WDW vacation, first time at a deluxe :)

We are thrilled to be joining in this thread. I was just at The World from 9/17-9/22 and was able to take advantage of the bounce back offer for free dining for next year.

It has been a dream of DH's to stay at either the YC, BC, or Boardwalk; we've never been able to budget for a deluxe, but figuring this will probably be our last trip in September, due to our oldest DD starting high school in 2016, we decided "why not?!" :cool1:. After researching a lot of information, we decided that the YC was the place we most wanted to try. So, my family of 4 has booked a garden view room at the YC from 9/12/15 - 9/20/15. My girls can't wait to get into SAB... we have walked by it so many times and wondered how much fun we would have.

I honestly don't care what room we end up in. Since we've never stayed here before, it will be so fun to explore the resort and see what it all has to offer.

Thanks to everyone for all of the information posted so far on the page... it has helped a lot! :)

Thanks Teena!

We are soooo going to need pictures from someone who is there. popcorn::

Thanks Teena!

We are soooo going to need pictures from someone who is there. popcorn::

The way it is set up, pictures won't do it justice. There is no way to get the actual feel of it thru pictures. It is by far the nicest of all the CL lounges on property in my personal opinion. I was absolutely shocked ... it is so much nicer than I had ever anticipated. Because they took out two rooms, with pictures, you won't be able to see the different areas all together.

You all need to book a CL trip to see it!!! Another Dis Meet perhaps?

The way it is set up, pictures won't do it justice. There is no way to get the actual feel of it thru pictures. It is by far the nicest of all the CL lounges on property in my personal opinion. I was absolutely shocked ... it is so much nicer than I had ever anticipated. Because they took out two rooms, with pictures, you won't be able to see the different areas all together.

A fabulous idea!!

The deal is very tempting indeed :).

Ooooh, you are all bad influences. Or good, depending on your perspective, I suppose. I'm going to shoot out an email and see what they come up with.

Why is it so hard to get back to normal after a Disney trip? :faint:

We stopped in the Beach Club lobby on Sunday morning and had a great visit with Teena. It is always so much fun talking to her. :goodvibes

I will post room view pictures and a few things about the room we had at the YC later. All in all the trip was really nice. We did a lot of new things, including two afternoons at SAB, most of the time in the lazy river. Believe it or not, my DH had never spent much time at SAB. He preferred the quiet pool or just a nap, instead. He said that he wished he hadn't avoided it all those years. ;) The pool was not crowded at all while we were there, which I think made a big difference.

Are you just trying through Disney to get a reservation at Rainforest? I know when people have tried to book T-Rex through Disney, it is often booked up, but if you call the restaurant directly, there is no problem getting a reservation.

Thanks. I never thought of calling directly. Web site says at 60 days out they take ressies on the phone. Since today is 60 days out, I called, they took the reservation and we are booked. Thanks for the help!

There should be a twelve digit reservation number lurking somewhere in your MDE account. Only the twelve digit number will work. If you are taking the Magical Express, then the number will be on your luggage tags. If you are doing online check in, the number appears there somewhere. It might even be in the URL code. I think there are a few other places to find it. The restaurant forum discussion threads talk about ways to get the fast pass.

My reservation number was from a travel agency - but they gave me a disney number. I had no trouble using that website for a BOG fast pass. I had to keep trying though, as I think it didn't open for me until about 30 or less days out. Keep trying. And good luck. We enjoyed our meal there.

Our last trip was with a TA, we were still able to access lunch FP+ with no problem. You just need to find your 12 digit reservation number & at 28 days out you can book. Here is the link to the Be Our Guest info thread containing everything you need (including how to find/pull up your 12 digit reservation number on your MDE account) to get a Lunch FP+. Page one for everything you'll need. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3310867

Thanks for all the help! We will definately work on this. I definately want to try BOG while we are there.

Katesdad

My first time being able to get on the boards since our trip Sept 13 through Sept 30th. We really enjoyed our stay at Beach Club. I think what I loved most was being able to walk to Epcot in about 5 minutes. This was so nice! We also opted to walk to Hollywood Studios, which turned out to be a nice quiet family walk. Took about 15 minutes and it was just us walking the path. It was a nice relaxing start to a long, but fun day. So if you have the time in the morning to walk to HS I say go for it!

I hope everyone else enjoyed their stay as much as we did. It was hard getting back into things once we got home. I always have a case of the Disney Blues, but already looking at dates for next years trip so that gives us something to look forward to.

:beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter