2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on being a DVC owner! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip news your room a SV? If so, then wow, that's quite a SV!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ok... so the next trip is just 11 days away and I am still playing with dinning reservations.... :rotfl2: I just really do not want to have dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby....I know there are a lot of people on here who love that place, but I just really don't like anything on the menu! The friend (who has been to Disney once) I am going with (who knows nothing about dinning there) decided she wanted to eat there based on the name I think :lmao:. So tonight I decided that I really do not want to eat there, so I changed it to Coral Reef. I have two Disney login names (thanks DVC) so I kept the Hollywood Brown Derby reservation just incase when I see her this weekend she REALLY REALLY wants to eat there after I show her the menu and I made the new reservation for Coral Reef under my DVC login (working the system :)) I will cancel one of them Sunday night when I get home from shopping with her! I've made so many life changes that nothing fits so I need to shop (I hate shopping)!!

Anywho...

Have a safe flight Robyn! See you around SAB!

~N

Congrats on being a DVC owner! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip news your room a SV? If so, then wow, that's quite a SV!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No, sorry, our view was a LV. Thanks. We are so excited!!! We are also looking forward to getting my nieces and nephew there for their first ever trip. We are hopefully surprising them next weekend for their birthday!

Thanks Nanette! Hope we can meet up!

Well we are 11 hours away from our flight and not only is DH not packed yet - he's not even home from work! He ran home to mow the lawn and had to go back. He is still bringing his laptop with us but hopefully not too many client issues!

I'm done except for waiting for one more load of laundry (And DH!). DME tags are on the luggage and I can't wait to go!

Teena - ds' carry on had the least amount of things in it so he gets to carry all the tastycakes (hope they make it!)

May someone who is going there in the next few days, please do me a favor and look at the dinner menu for 50s Prime Time Cafe and confirm they still have the chicken pot pie for dinner. All ears has it listed but their menu is a bit old. Another website which has a more recent update doesn't show it for dinner. Thank you so much.

May someone who is going there in the next few days, please do me a favor and look at the dinner menu for 50s Prime Time Cafe and confirm they still have the chicken pot pie for dinner. All ears has it listed but their menu is a bit old. Another website which has a more recent update doesn't show it for dinner. Thank you so much.

It's still on the Disney website.. Grandmas chicken pot pie! Those menus are usually pretty right and it was on there in April when i was there.

~Nannette

Ok... so the next trip is just 11 days away and I am still playing with dinning reservations.... :rotfl2: I just really do not want to have dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby....I know there are a lot of people on here who love that place, but I just really don't like anything on the menu! The friend (who has been to Disney once) I am going with (who knows nothing about dinning there) decided she wanted to eat there based on the name I think :lmao:. So tonight I decided that I really do not want to eat there, so I changed it to Coral Reef. I have two Disney login names (thanks DVC) so I kept the Hollywood Brown Derby reservation just incase when I see her this weekend she REALLY REALLY wants to eat there after I show her the menu and I made the new reservation for Coral Reef under my DVC login (working the system :)) I will cancel one of them Sunday night when I get home from shopping with her! I've made so many life changes that nothing fits so I need to shop (I hate shopping)!!

Anywho...

~N

Oh just tell your friend that you are highly educated in all things WDW and you know what is best for her. :banana:

1) some husbands pick the resort/make the plans

cough cough

2) Mickey Mail just arrived!!!! Whooo hooooo!

Can you teach my DH:goodvibes

Hello Folks,

We checked in about 9:00 this morning, had breakfast in lounge, and WALKED into Epcot. Never would I have imagined how cool that is without experiencing it myself. Our room was ready just before 1:30. We booked standard, club level. Looking out at trees, down and to the left is rooftop, looking right is the front emtrance portico and the Epcot ball. It is awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see that. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Club level staff members are amazing. They are all very personable and friendly. Lounge is on the small side, I agree, but we did get a table this morning. Cast members were cleaning tables and replenishing very quickly.

SAB is closed now...lightning in the area. We are headed to MK!

Sounds great! I love looking out our patio and seeing Epcot and walking through the international gateway:cool1:

Anywho...

~N

Nannette I will see you soon:thumbsup2

If I can remember how to post a pic, I will post one of DH and I so people around SAB know who we are and to say hello.

Nannette I will see you soon:thumbsup2
If I can remember how to post a pic, I will post one of DH and I so people around SAB know who we are and to say hello.

Awesome! Can't wait! I'll post live while I'm there and tell people where i'm sitting by SAB if anyone else checks dis while on vacation!

~Nannette

Here is a pic that is a couple years old of DH= Wil and myself = Beth
We look relatively the same just a few years older:)

We will be at SAB alot and I will have my black and white mickey beach bag and will probably be sipping on something fun:rolleyes1

Awesome! Can't wait! I'll post live while I'm there and tell people where i'm sitting by SAB if anyone else checks dis while on vacation!

~Nannette

I definitely will be on the Dis, so I will keep a eye out for your location updates. We usually sit in the back row near in the lazy river section

Awesome I will be on the lookout for you! I'll be arriving on the 10th and plan on going straight to SAB for something to drink!!

~N

Hi everyone! I'm getting so excited to leave for the YC 2 weeks from TOMORROW!

Has anyone booked a mani/pedi or massage at the resort or somewhere close? I'd love to hear your opinions if you have- I haven't been able to find many reviews. Since I'll be in conference sessions during the day I was thinking of booking something as a surprise for my Mom one day- but wonder if its worth double what we pay at home for the experience.

Has anyone booked a mani/pedi or massage at the resort or somewhere close? I'd love to hear your opinions if you have- I haven't been able to find many reviews. Since I'll be in conference sessions during the day I was thinking of booking something as a surprise for my Mom one day- but wonder if its worth double what we pay at home for the experience.

I've done the mani/pedi at Periwigs.. DD has had a massage at the Ship Shape Club. DD said it's the best massage she's had and she's had a lot!! I forget the name of the girl, but my daughter said she was so good that she actually went back a few days later for another! The mani/pedi was not what I'm used to... I always have that done before I go to Disney. I have however had reflexology at SSR and that was pretty good.

Have a great time! I leave in 11 days!
~N

Thanks for all the great advice. I know the resort is big, so maybe I will request a room close to the lobby where we can go get breakfast/coffee in the am. I would also like to be close to epcot but can walk thru the hotel in the a/c to get there. Really looking forward to our first stay.

I feel that this has been addressed before but can't find anything in the old threads either. I really want to purchase the mattress we had and I thought I had all the info (wanted to the last time we stayed but did not get the info). I believe I remember somebody, maybe Teena indicating that it's hard to tell the brand etc. because mattresses get replaced all of the time.

They have the info in the hotel packet and says that it can be ordered thru the Disney Resort Collection. When going to the website indicated it redirects you to the Disney site to purchase theme park merchandise and no where can I find the resort products of any kind that are featured in the hotel packet.

To make it a little more convoluted - I took down the name on the mattress- Sealy Encore CSS Plush, which is different than what is listed in the packet. I have found both the Encore and the ones in the packet on-line at a variety of websites- so they are different Sealy models and still available. I also have the model number and have inquired with the companies and waiting for a response.

Finally to my question... the Encore CSS Plush also comes with a pillow top. I don't know if I didn't write this down or if it was not a pillow top. I can't remember what it looked like - should have taken a picture. We were BC CL- 5706. Can anyone tell me if they have an Encore mattress in their room and if it has a pillow top? The model number that I wrote down was #503156.

I know this is a bit crazy but hubby has a bad back and he really liked it - made his back feel great the whole week! Nothing we have found locally has seemed to do the trick after a lot of looking.

Hi everyone! I'm getting so excited to leave for the YC 2 weeks from TOMORROW!

I did not have a mani/pedi there but the CM at the front desk was so helpful and it looked like it would be a nice place to get a little pampering.

I had a basic mani at home that needed to come off after a few days. I had forgotten polish remover and the marketplace did not have any. I went in there and they were nice just to give me polish remover to take it off myself. I thought about having a mani later in our stay but never got around to it. I would give it a try!

Hello! Our first visit to the BC will be November 27 - December 4!! We will be celebrating my birthday on the 28th with a reservation at Be Our Guest!! So excited to finally stay at the BC, we can't wait. We would love to be added to your Be Our Guest list, please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter