2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the car is packed, ME tags are on, baby is asleep and older sis is not far behind. We are ready for the Mouse and our first stay at BC. Thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and just made this thread a great place to be and a special thanks to Dee for keeping us sailing along.

Well the car is packed, ME tags are on, baby is asleep and older sis is not far behind. We are ready for the Mouse and our first stay at BC. Thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and just made this thread a great place to be and a special thanks to Dee for keeping us sailing along.

Safe travels!! Have a great time!

~Nannette

Oh, have a wonderful trip!

Awwww... thanks! :flower3:

We will have a new address/thread when you get back, but I'll leave some bread crumbs for you so you can find us.

Have a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

See you down there!

Have a safe trip! I hope you have a fantastic time :) pixiedust:

Hi everyone! I've read through a bunch of this thread, and really appreciate all the awesome information! After two trips in the last two years (stayed at CSR), I thought this year would be Disney free for me.

BUT then I got a chance to attend a conference in July....that happens to be at the Yacht Club! So of course I couldn't say no to trying out my dream resort! So my mom and I are taking a girls trip to the YC- but she'll get to hang out at the pool during the day while I'm in workshops then we'll hit the parks at night.

Then somehow I talked myself into deciding to just get an AP, registering for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October and booking the BC for that trip. And of course I'll have to return sometime after that to get one more trip out of the AP.

Y'alls knowledge, chatter, and pics have made me even more excited to try out the 2 resorts I've always wanted to try!

Leslie

......I thought this year would be Disney free for me.

..........Then somehow I talked myself into deciding to just get an AP, registering for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October and booking the BC for that trip.

.........And of course I'll have to return sometime after that to get one more trip out of the AP.

Leslie

Yup. You got it.pixiedust:
Welcome to the club.

It is crazy! My DD and I are coming all the way from Northern California and our flight is cheaper than my friend coming from Michigan. Something strange is happening... :confused3

I'm just curious. My daughter and I are flying from Northern California too. What are you paying for your airfare. We ended up paying $365 each.

Hi everyone!

This thread is so impressive! Tons of great info! Thanks to Dee and the others that keep it rolling.

I would love to join in. Just switched my ressie from AoA Nemo to BC and I am soooooooo excited!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

This is our 2nd trip to WDW ever and our first trip on property. We are coming 10-21 to 10-25. It will be me, DH, DS13, DS11, and DD7.

Can't wait!:yay:

See you down there!

Us too! Just finished tagging our bags. Now a shower and bed for me!
I'm toooooo excited to sleep!!!!

Ditto on everything Robyn said Dee!!

Robyn we need to plan to have a sunken treasure since we'll both be there at the same time!!! I have pool time built into everyday... Let me know when is good for you!!

Dee same goes for you.. I will be over at OKW by the time you arrive but still would love to meet you... let me know if you think we can figure out a time. I will be solo when you arrive, so anytime will work for me!

~Nannette

OMG - so jealous! Would love to be there at the same time to meet everyone. Be there then, or during Star Wars weekend to meet some other trouble maker. :)

Look at all of us leaving this wee! :yay: Hoping to get some crowd updates from our friends who are already there soon!

jemh628 May 9-18 BC
disneymagicgirl May 9-18 (arrival night YC GV, BC WV (5/10-18)
dreamlinda May 11-17 BCV
Eagle Scout May 11-17 BC
Tinkerbellie16 May 11-17 BC
pmdeve May 11-17 BCV
JJ&JSMom May 11-19 BC
medicgirl177 May 11-20 BC GV CL (3 Birthdays and Mothers Day)
BlovesC May 12-15 BC
njprincess601 May 12-17 YC

Yeah! I get there Saturday for a long weekend with my sister then a conference. I can't wait to see how BC has changed (and remained the same) since my last visit in 2007.

Any recommendation on a good place to park??

I am so excited for all of you leaving this week. We leave on the 17th, but I still have lots to do. Praying my ears clear up. First time I have ever had ear pain with flying was 3 weeks ago (coming home from Nashville)...I thought my ear drum was going to rupture (it ruptured in November). Trying new meds now.

My question is where is everyone eating dinner on your arrival night? I am still up in the air on that one. Our plane arrives at 4:30pm (1:30 California time). I originally had reservations for Cape May, but with the CC guarantee I thought it might be too risky. I then made reservations for Captain's Grille, but I have recently read that they have changed their menu and read poor reviews...so I cancelled that! Ideas?

Jan

I hope your new meds work! Earaches suck :(

We will be eating at Epcot - festival booths! So I'm no help - ha ha!

Off topic

A very stressful (unbelievable) event happened at my son's school... All safe now
Needed to decompress and want to thank you all knowing I can come here and just focus in our upcoming trip and (positive) exciting times!!
:)

Off topic

A very stressful (unbelievable) event happened at my son's school... All safe now
Needed to decompress and want to thank you all knowing I can come here and just focus in our upcoming trip and (positive) exciting times!!

Sorry to hear about the scary happenings for your son and his classmates. Glad to hear everyone is safe.

And, as a positive note, look how all of the characters are right in front of the Yacht Club light house on your ticker. Tomorrow, I bet the character pyramid will block out the lighthouse.

Off topic

So sorry for the stressful day! WDW is like my focus object in childbirth when I'm having a crappy or stressful day. I had an MRI on Monday and while enclosed in that tube I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine I was laying by the pool at the BC.....it worked pretty well!

Now just to follow-up with the ortho about a sprain, tendinitis , and two tears in my shoulder. Yay just what I need before my trip! Um excuse me doc but how will the affect me on SM, EE, RNRRC etc....

Also had a mild panic attack when DD16 needed suntan lotion and dipped into my Disney Supplies!

:wave2: New friends!!!

So we took advantage of the *** deal and booked a stay at YC for August 18th to 21st after 3 nights at AKL on the visa deal. So good pricing all around and looking forward to it!:yay:

A quick question...
Two years ago we found the bumps at the seams on the slide in SAB to be too rough (actually down right painful...). Is that still the case? We enjoyed the rest of SAB, just not the slide.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

It has been a couple of years for me, too, since visiting the resort and using the slide, so I can't help you with your question. I do know that the slide has been through a couple of refurb periods since that time, so...

How about some recent reviews of the slide experience from March/April/May guests...

So exited! Booked BC for late August for 8 nights and it'll be our first deluxe!
Traveling with DH, DD9 and DS 7.
One thing we actually liked about the values is the food court. I admit it, I have not read the 200+ pages of this thread so I am asking a question I am sure has been answered 100 times. :-).
Where can we get a bagel and or muffins in the morning? ( at our resort) Also need the toaster and cream cheese. Hahah. What about QS Mickey waffles?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

As Wood Nymph pointed out- yes on bagels and muffins at the Beach Club, along with a toaster and cream cheese. Unfortunately, no on the Mickey waffles :(

They are available at the resort at the Cape May Cafe character breakfast buffet and the Captain's Grille breakfast (either buffet or a la carte), but both of those are sit-down meals. You can also get them through room service, but that is wicked expensive!

I do wish they would add Mickey Waffles to the breakfast menu at the Marketplace.

If you poke around the first page of this thread (the Marketplace post and the Dining post), you will find lots of info about the meals available at the resort.

Hi everyone! I've read through a bunch of this thread, and really appreciate all the awesome information! After two trips in the last two years (stayed at CSR), I thought this year would be Disney free for me.

BUT then I got a chance to attend a conference in July....that happens to be at the Yacht Club! So of course I couldn't say no to trying out my dream resort! So my mom and I are taking a girls trip to the YC- but she'll get to hang out at the pool during the day while I'm in workshops then we'll hit the parks at night.

Then somehow I talked myself into deciding to just get an AP, registering for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October and booking the BC for that trip. And of course I'll have to return sometime after that to get one more trip out of the AP.

Y'alls knowledge, chatter, and pics have made me even more excited to try out the 2 resorts I've always wanted to try!

Leslie

Glad you are enjoying the thread, and that you have a couple of upcoming trips to the resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July and October.

:woohoo:

Hi everyone!

This thread is so impressive! Tons of great info! Thanks to Dee and the others that keep it rolling.

I would love to join in. Just switched my ressie from AoA Nemo to BC and I am soooooooo excited!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

This is our 2nd trip to WDW ever and our first trip on property. We are coming 10-21 to 10-25. It will be me, DH, DS13, DS11, and DD7.

Can't wait!:yay:

Thanks for kind words! Let us know if you have any questions.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter