2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I finally got my signature to work....1 month 2 days until Beach Club. My two DD's find out this Saturday our Disney surprise. My oldest DD turns eleven on Saturday. She will be so surprised.

Ooh! I love surprises! I'd love to torture my loved ones and spring a surprise trip on them but, after a heart to heart with the boys about going about it this way, no one would want to be surprised like that. During the teen years they are so involved in their activities and other commitments that running into their bedrooms early one morning and dragging them off to WDW would result in my early demise. Besides, they would sense something immediately if I managed to get caught up on all the laundry and clean the house like I do before we take a trip.

GO forth boldly DisDad01! Surprise your princesses and listen to them howl in delight! Meanwhile, I shall saddle up on my giant, Zamboni like riding vacuum cleaner and attempt to clear the house of teen boy clutter, all the while thinking of you and your wonderful plan. You must be floating on cloud 9 :cloud9: this week as the moment draws nearer!

~NM

yeah, I finally got my signature to work....1 month 2 days until Beach Club. My two DD's find out this Saturday our Disney surprise. My oldest DD turns eleven on Saturday. She will be so surprised.

Oh how exciting! We actually managed to pull off a surprise trip last Spring break all the way to the airport (they thought they were taking me to go to a work conference, and that they were going to be stuck at a Days off program all week). It was completely awesome...but would only work once!

:banana::banana::banana: I don't know why I'm this ridiculously happy but I managed to score some graduation mouse ears for my DD today. Unfortunately, they told me that they are unable to personalize them. In an ideal world I would love to have her name on them and have them waiting for her in our room when we check in. Do I dream an impossible dream? Do I face an unbeatable foe? Will I bear the unbearable sorrow? Must I run where the brave dare not go?
This is my quest....

This is a very fun and prolific group ! I am trying my best to keep up between work and school.

Just a little shameless shout-out to those of you visiting the BC in the near future....if you can indulge my silly request for a photo of the public bathroom in the hallway close to Ariel's, I would REALLY appreciate it ! Happy trips everyone !

DisDad01 said:

How exciting! We surprised our DDs with our first December visit in 2011. It was magical. Just a little warning though.... From that point on, if your DDs think you are up to something, they will probably think you are planning a surprise trip again. I can't tell you how many times we had to inform them that we are NOT going to Disney tomorrow. The worst was when we bought luggage on sale. They were truly convinced a surprise trip was in the making.

mademluc said:
:banana::banana::banana: I don't know why I'm this ridiculously happy but I managed to score some graduation mouse ears for my DD today. Unfortunately, they told me that they are unable to personalize them. In an ideal world I would love to have her name on them and have them waiting for her in our room when we check in. Do I dream an impossible dream? Do I face an unbeatable foe? Will I bear the unbearable sorrow? Must I run where the brave dare not go?
This is my quest....

....to follow that star...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Since many of us reading this board will have trips coming up soon, the question of how to pack for a Disney vacation comes up. Since there are so many different ways that this question can be answered I thought I would describe the process rather than go into specifics.

I think there is a whole process that one goes through when packing for a Disney trip. If you are even asking this question ahead of time you fall into the "Careful Planner" packing type as opposed to the "We can buy clean underwear down there" packing type.

The first stage as a "Careful Planner" is "OMG I'm going to WDW what do I need to take with me!"

This is the stage where you start to compile lists of recommended items that you may need. These lists come from many sources and some of the best obsessive compulsive packing authorities are represented here.

The second stage is one that I refer to as the "Gathering stage". There is a place in your house and you start to gather the things that someone else has told you you need. Things like ear muffs- in case it gets cold but you are going in May and 2 liter personal misting fans for each member of your group start to appear in this area. You have the dollar store Disney autograph books, the 3 different types of bug repellent, travel games for the kids, ear plugs for the parents, giant floppy sun hats, one for each person, 2 for the bald people and a pack of coffee filters even though you're not quite sure what a Pod coffee maker is.

The third stage is that you put all of this in a suitcase and realize that you have no room for your clothes. This is the stage I refer to as "DENIAL".

The fourth stage is the "Rationalization stage". You start removing the recommended items and replacing them with things like underwear and pants. Everyone will have to share the sole remaining 2 liter misting fan that you think you can't live without and the bald people are on their own because their hats no longer fit in the luggage.

The fifth stage is one that I refer to as the "Hernia stage". This is where you weigh the luggage and are truly convinced that your scale is broken when you discover your luggage weighs 80 pounds per suitcase. More stuff is removed from the luggage and decrees are issued stating that everybody gets two sets of underwear for the trip so they better not fart.

Depending upon how you travel you might experience the "Horror stage" This stage is realized when you discover you've booked with an airline that charges $50 dollars PER CHECKED BAG and $25 for EACH carry on. Plans are made where each family member will wear as many layers as possible on the plane and warnings are issued that going commando is imminent.

The seventh stage is the "Realization stage". This stage occurs when you are on vacation and you realize that you really didn't need the two liter misting fan because no one wants to carry it around and those 2 pairs of underwear worked out just fine because you can do laundry when you are at the pool.

There are some people who still must pack as if they were moving permanently and other people who pack so lightly that they are wearing the same t-shirt in every vacation picture (Dee I'm looking at YOU!).

In any case the Beach Club Market Place has a great selection of items (excluding underwear!) that will cover some of the gaps you may experience in your packing efforts. PixarMom has done a WONDERFUL job keeping us informed as to the offerings in the Beach Club Market place. Use this link to get to her PICTURE FILLED thread showing you just what can be found there. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

The savvy guest also knows that when you don't see it out, it really pays to ask the CM's if they have it somewhere out of sight. I recently read on another thread that some resort shops keep distilled water on hand for use in those breathing machines for the night snorers. I've also read that sometimes the resort has a (very limited) collection of phone chargers that you can borrow in case you forgot yours. In any case the tip here is to ask if there is something that you've discovered you need but have failed to pack.

Good luck with your packing and remember to put some thought into packing what you're sure you'll need, not so much what you MIGHT need.

overpacking-weekend-getaway-what-to-pack.jpg

~NM

Dumb question maybe, but where can I get information about club level rooms? Disney is very vague.

This is a very fun and prolific group ! I am trying my best to keep up between work and school.

Just a little shameless shout-out to those of you visiting the BC in the near future....if you can indulge my silly request for a photo of the public bathroom in the hallway close to Ariel's, I would REALLY appreciate it ! Happy trips everyone !

Hi Mia!

I'm sorry that I can't help you with the picture and I admire your persistence with this difficult task. I just wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten about you and it's great that you keep reminding us. I also wanted to let you know that I have been in this bathroom and it is just as nice as all of the other BC/YC bathrooms. It is kept very clean with regular visits from housekeeping and there is a nice basket of wash cloths available to serve as hand towels. I think it might have as many as 5 or 6 stalls but I'm not sure.

The nice thing about this bathroom is that it is not too far off the indoor path between the Yacht and Beach Club hotels so it doesn't get a lot of traffic like the main lobby bathrooms do.

On our Feb. WDW visit we stayed at POFQ but we visited the BC twice and I had ample opportunities to use these public restrooms. I was impressed by how frequently I saw housekeeping servicing these rooms. Public bathrooms in a hotel get quite the work out but they always looked their best while I was visiting.

I hope that helps! Good luck with having someone visiting the resort get your picture!

~NM

Since many of us reading this board will have trips coming up soon, the question of how to pack for a Disney vacation comes up. Since there are so many different ways that this question can be answered I thought I would describe the process rather than go into specifics.

I think there is a whole process that one goes through when packing for a Disney trip. If you are even asking this question ahead of time you fall into the "Careful Planner" packing type as opposed to the "We can buy clean underwear down there" packing type.

The first stage as a "Careful Planner" is "OMG I'm going to WDW what do I need to take with me!"

This is the stage where you start to compile lists of recommended items that you may need. These list come from many sources and some of the best obsessive compulsive packing authorities are represented here.

The second stage is one that I refer to as the "Gathering stage". There is a place in your house and you start to gather the things that someone else has told you you need. Things like ear muffs- in case it gets cold but you are going in May and 2 liter personal misting fans for each member of your group start to appear in this area. You have the dollar store Disney autograph books, the 3 different types of bug repellent, travel games for the kids, ear plugs for the parents, giant floppy sun hats, one for each person, 2 for the bald people and a pack of coffee filters even though you're not quite sure what a Pod coffee maker is.

The third stage is that you put all of this in a suitcase and realize that you have no room for your clothes. This is the stage I refer to as "DENIAL".

The fourth stage is the "Rationalization stage". You start removing the recommended items and replacing them with things like underwear and pants. Everyone will have to share the sole remaining 2 liter misting fan that you think you can't live without and the bald people are on their own because their hats no longer fit in the luggage.

The fifth stage is one that I refer to as the "Hernia stage". This is where you weigh the luggage and are truly convinced that your scale is broken when you discover your luggage weighs 80 pounds per suitcase. More stuff is removed from the luggage and decrees are issued stating that everybody gets two sets of underwear for the trip so they better not fart.

Depending upon how you travel you might experience the "Horror stage" This stage is realized when you discover you've booked with an airline that charges $50 dollars PER CHECKED BAG and $25 for EACH carry on. Plans are made where each family member will wear as many layers as possible on the plane and warnings are issued that going commando is imminent.

The seventh stage is the "Realization stage". This stage occurs when you are on vacation and you realize that you really didn't need the two liter misting fan because no one wants to carry it around and those 2 pairs of underwear worked out just fine because you can do laundry when you are at the pool.

There are some people who still must pack as if they were moving permanently and other people who pack so lightly that they are wearing the same t-shirt in every vacation picture (Dee I'm looking at YOU!).

In any case the Beach Club Market Place has a great selection of items (excluding underwear!) that will cover some of the gaps you may experience in your packing efforts. PixarMom has done a WONDERFUL job keeping us informed as to the offerings in the Beach Club Market place. Use this link to get to her PICTURE FILLED thread showing you just what can be found there. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

The savvy guest also knows that when you don't see it out, it really pays to ask the CM's if they have it somewhere out of sight. I recently read on another thread that some resort shops keep distilled water on hand for use in those breathing machines for the night snorers. I've also read that sometimes the resort has a (very limited) collection of phone chargers that you can borrow in case you forgot yours. In any case the tip here is to ask if there is something that you've discovered you need but have failed to pack.

Good luck with your packing and remember to put some thought into packing what you're sure you'll need, not so much what you MIGHT need.

~NM

NM you are awesomely funny!

Here's the easier version of How To Pack For A Disney Vacation:

Stage One: go to the Owners Locker website and arrange to have your purple locker(s) delivered to Beach Club Villas/Beach Club Resort/Yacht Club Resort (or other resort if you're not smart enough to stay at one of these).

Stage Two: throw some stuff in a carry-on bag.

Of course this assumes that you pre-planned on a prior trip and arranged to obtain and fill your purple locker(s).

Quick check-in from the Great White North:

This is my quest....

:woohoo:

Is there a place locally where you can have the name embroidered on? We did this with Christmas stockings for the boys a long time ago.

We are busy like beavers
(Not liars like groundhogs)

Dannysmom is there this week, and I believe she was planning on taking on this mission. Other volunteers also welcome.

Dumb question maybe, but where can I get information about club level rooms? Disney is very vague.

I think most of the CL rooms are pretty similar to the regular BC/YC rooms- they are not necessarily any larger. There may be some slight variation in layout from room to room, just like there is for the regular rooms.

There is a post on Page 1 dealing with club level, but not specifically the rooms. I know that the room depicted in the photos for Beach Club Rooms on Page 1 is a club level room.

Hope that helps.

Hi everyone. I posted this on a seperate thread but it is not getting answered. We are staying at BWV but will probably eat a few lunches at BC Marketplace. We have the DDP. Does anyone know if the bakery items are considered dessert here? We could save them for a " only on vacation" breakfast :goodvibes

This is the stage where you start to compile lists of recommended items that you may need. These lists come from many sources and some of the best obsessive compulsive packing authorities are represented here.

overpacking-weekend-getaway-what-to-pack.jpg

~NM

As you know, I'm pretty new to this thread. But, one thing I have learned, very quickly, is what an efficient, organized, well prepared Disney trip packer you are!! :goodvibes

Many years ago, I joined a thread on all things Disney, which has since dissolved, due to Facebook. Since then, I have been an infrequent visitor to Disboards. After joining this thread, I can't wait for some free time to sit down and catch up on all of the new posts.

since many of us reading this board will have trips coming up soon, the question of how to pack for a disney vacation comes up. Since there are so many different ways that this question can be answered i thought i would describe the process rather than go into specifics.

I think there is a whole process that one goes through when packing for a disney trip. If you are even asking this question ahead of time you fall into the "careful planner" packing type as opposed to the "we can buy clean underwear down there" packing type.

The first stage as a "careful planner" is "omg i'm going to wdw what do i need to take with me!"

this is the stage where you start to compile lists of recommended items that you may need. These lists come from many sources and some of the best obsessive compulsive packing authorities are represented here.

The second stage is one that i refer to as the "gathering stage". There is a place in your house and you start to gather the things that someone else has told you you need. Things like ear muffs- in case it gets cold but you are going in may and 2 liter personal misting fans for each member of your group start to appear in this area. You have the dollar store disney autograph books, the 3 different types of bug repellent, travel games for the kids, ear plugs for the parents, giant floppy sun hats, one for each person, 2 for the bald people and a pack of coffee filters even though you're not quite sure what a pod coffee maker is.

The third stage is that you put all of this in a suitcase and realize that you have no room for your clothes. This is the stage i refer to as "denial".

The fourth stage is the "rationalization stage". You start removing the recommended items and replacing them with things like underwear and pants. Everyone will have to share the sole remaining 2 liter misting fan that you think you can't live without and the bald people are on their own because their hats no longer fit in the luggage.

The fifth stage is one that i refer to as the "hernia stage". This is where you weigh the luggage and are truly convinced that your scale is broken when you discover your luggage weighs 80 pounds per suitcase. More stuff is removed from the luggage and decrees are issued stating that everybody gets two sets of underwear for the trip so they better not fart.

Depending upon how you travel you might experience the "horror stage" this stage is realized when you discover you've booked with an airline that charges $50 dollars per checked bag and $25 for each carry on. Plans are made where each family member will wear as many layers as possible on the plane and warnings are issued that going commando is imminent.

The seventh stage is the "realization stage". This stage occurs when you are on vacation and you realize that you really didn't need the two liter misting fan because no one wants to carry it around and those 2 pairs of underwear worked out just fine because you can do laundry when you are at the pool.

There are some people who still must pack as if they were moving permanently and other people who pack so lightly that they are wearing the same t-shirt in every vacation picture (dee i'm looking at you!).

In any case the beach club market place has a great selection of items (excluding underwear!) that will cover some of the gaps you may experience in your packing efforts. Pixarmom has done a wonderful job keeping us informed as to the offerings in the beach club market place. Use this link to get to her picture filled thread showing you just what can be found there. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

the savvy guest also knows that when you don't see it out, it really pays to ask the cm's if they have it somewhere out of sight. I recently read on another thread that some resort shops keep distilled water on hand for use in those breathing machines for the night snorers. I've also read that sometimes the resort has a (very limited) collection of phone chargers that you can borrow in case you forgot yours. In any case the tip here is to ask if there is something that you've discovered you need but have failed to pack.

Good luck with your packing and remember to put some thought into packing what you're sure you'll need, not so much what you might need.

~nm

that was awesome.

Congratulations! I remember, years ago, when I joined, how long it took to get everything just right. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did or where I found the things that I found for my signature. So, for now, it's staying the way it is (even though the time didn't update when we changed the clock the other week).

Happy "early" birthday to DD11!! :bday:

Ok so besides all of the hassles the cold weather, much larger crowds than expected, and a bad flare up of arthritis in my knee requiring a wheel chair for 2 days.
We did love the YC CL. We had a standard room and were down the hall from the club lounge. The staff were very nice. We finally got to sit by the pool on our check out day. We ate at Yachtsman which we really enjoyed, Cape May was ok, kids loved the Arcade, and we love the Epcot area.
We decided to extend our stay and went over to Swan but due to noisy construction we were switched to Dolphin ( prefer Dolphin) and had more check in problems:( we stayed 4 night then switched to Coranado Springs for our last night which I was pleasantly surprised with very nice resort. But can you believe yet again after I made sure I had given all my flight info on a very long phone call with reservations what do you know on check out sorry we don't have you magical express info .
I am booked for a girls only trip for YC CL in OCT. and hope for a smoother trip.

So glad you had a nice time at the YC. But, am so sorry about the troubles that you had. I can relate to the arthritis issue-I do empathize with you.

May you have a very magical time in October!! :wizard:

Quick check-in from the Great White North:

And it just keeps coming down...... we're up to about a foot, and our plow guy has already been here twice!

I'll get through it..... I'll just keep imagining I'm sitting by SAB with a Sunken Treasure in one hand and a Hurricane Hannah's lobster roll in the other. Yeah, that should work. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter