2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! This is how my DH is... He wouldn't know how to turn on the computer let alone figure out how to type in disneyworld.com and then figure out what MDE stood for :confused3:rotfl2::confused3 But tonight I said our Disney trip is coming up very soon... are you getting excited yet?!?! He actually said yes a little bit :thumbsup2 This will be his first time to Disney World so it should be fun!!

~N

:thumbsup2
Can't wait to hear about what he thinks of the best place in the world.

Yep about 70ish days and you should be able to customize the band and confirm the ship to address and then at 60 days out you can pick fast pass + options. All of this is based on whether or not the resort you are staying at (in this case YC) is involved in testing during that period.

Keep checking and good luck!

~N

7 days until I can see about customizing my magic band! I hope we are able to. I'm so excited!

Has anyone been able to customize bands for November yet?

Late night check-in on the 29 Sep.

When do you?

We'll miss you this time!! We are at BCV's 9/18-9/22. Wishing you a great trip!!

Oh wow!! I hope your DH has a wonderful time!

:thumbsup2
Can't wait to hear about what he thinks of the best place in the world.

I have put a lot of thought into this trip just for him... DD asked that I NOT overwhelm him :rotfl: So I'm trying to do that for her!! :thumbsup2 DD and I are the DVC owners so I figured BCV's is a safe bet for him.. lots of night time things to do! I've rented a car to keep him off Disney Transportation as much as I can (though I am making him ride the Magical Express both way because well that's part of the magic to me!!)... this man hates public transportation (we live in NYC and getting him on the subway is tough.. I take it daily!!) :confused3 All the restaurants are picked with his food tastes in mind. I've booked Richard Petty, Archery and the Wild Africa Trek and all the fast pass + things I could, and I've built in naptime for him!! :rotfl2: I think I'm good!! He does know this is my happy place!! Anyway pretty soon we will be on our way... LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

~N

7 days until I can see about customizing my magic band! I hope we are able to. I'm so excited!

Has anyone been able to customize bands for November yet?

Yes I have for my 10/30-11/4 trip at AKL CL. I received an invite for this one and it said because I'm DVC...

~N

I just posted my review of our Yacht Club stay on the main resort board. Feel free to link to it if you want Dee.

I will post some more pics on the picture thread.

This was the review:

Sounds like your trip was nice! I was talking to a Photopass photographer when we were there in August, and the plan is for the PP to be linked to the bands. Evidently in some initial testing, they kept losing all the pictures so they've delayed giving the photographers the equipment to scan bands -- thank goodness! I didn't mind any of the other band problems we had, but I'd be upset to lose lots of pictures.

I completely agree with you about mailing the PP+ cards! I had to wait in line over 20 minutes just to turn in my voucher. It was a less than magical start to my first day in the park.

I know a lot of people ask about things in the store from time to time so I took a few pictures. I was pleasantly surprised to see a small section with drinks and food and such, as I thought we'd have to go to the marketplace at BC for everything. There were some things like donuts, pop tarts, and a cooler with water, soda, beer, wine, etc...

Sorry it's blurry :(
IMG_31562_zpsa36d3b4c.jpg

IMG_3230_zps94a22433.jpg

IMG_32292_zps3b2d535e.jpg

IMG_3228_zps8d36d4bd.jpg

IMG_32272_zps9175528c.jpg

IMG_32262_zps9ad31393.jpg

IMG_32252_zps8c071390.jpg

IMG_31592_zps42b91354.jpg

IMG_31582_zpsfca4fe18.jpg

IMG_31572_zps1ad6d87e.jpg

Sounds amazing!!! We are looking at doing some of those next summer with the boys since we have never been out west with them, and my husband and I have never been to these site. I may be asking you lots and lots of questions after the trip, or better yet following your trip report!

:goodvibes

I'll remember to post a link here. If I can help out, I'm happy to. I think that there are at least 2 or 3 other Dis-sers that have done the 4-corners road trip as well and posted mini-TRs on the Dis.

And my PTR.....er......blog is in my siggie below.

We haven't seen it either!! Sunday the 15th should work, just putting together our schedule. :rotfl2: So very different than WDW where I have my December trip completely planned.

I'm sure you already know this but Fast Passes for RSR run out quick. Carsland has completely changed the way people tour DLR. The rope drop queue has moved to DCA. If you're after a FP for RSR, keep to the left of Buena Vista Street towards where Carthay Circle is. If you're early enough, you'll be in the queue on this side. Otherwise, it turns down the corner towards the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.

We arrived on Friday night after some long delays at the airport. The first night was at the Yacht Club in a GV room. We got room 4179 which has a father and looked out over the Lake. We liked the room a lot.

We moved over to the BC on Saturday morning. They greeted us downstairs and took us up to the 5th floor to check in. We got both daybed and a full balcony. Our room is much bigger than the one we had at YC, but the view isn't as awesome, but not bad. We look out towards the entrance. The beds are really comfy.

The service has been stellar thus far.

Magicbands have worked pretty well with some small glitches when trying to change FP times.

Saw our wonderful Teens in the lobby!

We arrived on Friday night after some long delays at the airport. The first night was at the Yacht Club in a GV room. We got room 4179 which has a father and looked out over the Lake. We liked the room a lot.

We moved over to the BC on Saturday morning. They greeted us downstairs and took us up to the 5th floor to check in. We got both daybed and a full balcony. Our room is much bigger than the one we had at YC, but the view isn't as awesome, but not bad. We look out towards the entrance. The beds are really comfy.

The service has been stellar thus far.

Magicbands have worked pretty well with some small glitches when trying to change FP times.

Saw our wonderful Teens in the lobby!

You were just a few doors away from us at YC!! We were in room 4176!!!!

On flight home :( after 14 wonderful days in wdw! 11:25 DME pick up this morning after stuffing myself at Captains Grille breakfast buffet.
We met Karebear last night at the Electric Light Parade. We all had booked the FP. Great location right in front of the Castle.

Had flight delays at MCO. First our plane had a mechanical difficulty. Then Atlanta put flights on a stop due to weather. Barely made our connections. Glad I packed some snacks because there was no time to stop in Atlanta.

Loved our YC stay!! We had stayed at BC before, so wanted to see what the Dark Side was like, lol! Having a full balcony is a high priority for me. I thought it would be hard being further away from The Market Place, but it really wasn't. The lounge off the YC lobby has hot coffee & tea in the morning, as well as toasters set up in the alcove. And pasteries, bagels, & cereal to purchase. Until closing, I find mug refills at Hurricane Hana's pretty convienent.

I loved YC being the first bus pick up. Usually it's only a handful of people. Then BC fills the bus, and then some.

Got to try some new to us restaurants round the Boardwalk! Loved Big River Grille, had the Pecan crusted chicken! Kuzzina I had the Fishermans stew ( or seafood stew, what ever they call it) and Flying Fish was great. Scallops and Risotto - very good.

Went for Icecream at Dolphin. They changed brands :sad: the new brand is awful. Yuck!!!

Magic Bands worked well. Except my AP exp. mid way thru trip. So was unable to make FP selections for length of stay. Had to wait till I arrived and renewed AP at WDW to continue making FP selections. And to make it more complicated, we were touring with a friend for a week of our trip. She made FPs and to be able to tour together, the CM had to try to match FPs, we are connected on MDE in Family & Friends. It took him a good 30 min.

I can't imagine how hard it will be once this FP+ goes live. We always go the same time. What chance will I have matching FPs 2 or 3 days out once everyone is on the system :confused3 or making FPs mid way Thru vacay when new AP starts.

What I liked about the new FP+ system is that you don't have to crisscross the parks getting FPs. We also changed plans one day, and decided on a SAB morning, then go to the park for the afternoon. Was able to change FPs easily.
Again, once it goes live, I don't know if this will be possible anymore.

Only 1:27 hr till we land in Seattle!! Long flight! :wave2:

:goodvibes We just got back from 11 lovely days at the Yacht Club. It was our first visit there and our first deluxe stay. We had 7 day park hoppers with a bonus day that we spent at Blizzard Beach. We arrived early on our first day and our standard view room was ready but they didn’t give us a day bed that we requested. We asked to wait for a clean room with one and they said sure. So we waited until almost 4pm but it was worth the wait as we got upgraded and got a very nice boardwalk view/SAB view room with a daybed. The room was perfect, the view was perfect, and the location was perfect! It was 4229, close to SAB and elevators but not close to mousekeeping or noise from elevators, just perfect! I have pictures of it and the view if anyone wants to see it just let me know. We loved the space in the room compared to POP and the balcony was amazing, we could watch Hollywood Studios and Epcots fireworks every night, how cool. It was perfect for our 6 and 8 year old daughters who loved to watch them but go to bed right after too. The coffee in the room was apparently gross and not drinkable. My husband is the coffee drinker and he is not a snob at all, he will drink any but he hated the coffee in the room and at the Compass in the lobby. The kids and us LOVED SAB, fantastic pool, we had the magic bands which they didn’t ask to scan, we just showed our wrist and they smiled and said okay go ahead. My complaint about SAB is not enough life jackets, we stayed at POP and there were tons there, never a shortage. Oh and we didn’t like how each life guard had different rules. Some guests would drink in the pool (alcohol) and life guards would allow it, the next life guard would scream at you across the pool for drinking water a few feet from the pool on the deck. Different rules with the kiddie slide too depending on the life guard, we just wished they all followed the same rules. We sure did see a lot of towels on chairs with no one on them but we always found one or two to dump our stuff on. We hung out in the pool the most anyways, gotta love that sand bottom, oh my, it was so awesome! Now getting to the pool I have a huge issue with, well actually I have a huge issue with where Disney allows guests to smoke at the Yacht Club, umm…really, the best spot to smoke is under the porch walkway that I have to take my kids through to get to the pool? And to the arcade, beaches and cream, beach club, etc. We were shocked they allowed the smokers to smoke there. I spoke with management and put in a complaint; she agreed with me and said they need to change that for sure. So future guests please let me know if it ever gets changed! Back to the magic bands, they were great. Loved the test as we got double the fast passes, 3 through the bands and then as many as we wanted with key to the world cards, we didn’t wait in a line all vacation! Loved the fast pass for BOG restaurant and the food was so good. The braised pork is so yummy; we actually ate there twice, so good! We loved being able to walk to Epcot, took lots of ferries to Hollywood Studios and The Boardwalk. The location is amazing. We ate at Beaches and Cream twice, loved the burgers! If you are thinking of going to Yacht Club, do it! Book the trip and you won’t regret it! If you have any questions please ask, I could write a novel about our fantastic trip! lol

:goodvibes We just got back from 11 lovely days at the Yacht Club. It was our first visit there and our first deluxe stay. We had 7 day park hoppers with a bonus day that we spent at Blizzard Beach. We arrived early on our first day and our standard view room was ready but they didn’t give us a day bed that we requested. We asked to wait for a clean room with one and they said sure. So we waited until almost 4pm but it was worth the wait as we got upgraded and got a very nice boardwalk view/SAB view room with a daybed. The room was perfect, the view was perfect, and the location was perfect! It was 4229, close to SAB and elevators but not close to mousekeeping or noise from elevators, just perfect! I have pictures of it and the view if anyone wants to see it just let me know. We loved the space in the room compared to POP and the balcony was amazing, we could watch Hollywood Studios and Epcots fireworks every night, how cool. It was perfect for our 6 and 8 year old daughters who loved to watch them but go to bed right after too. The coffee in the room was apparently gross and not drinkable. My husband is the coffee drinker and he is not a snob at all, he will drink any but he hated the coffee in the room and at the Compass in the lobby. The kids and us LOVED SAB, fantastic pool, we had the magic bands which they didn’t ask to scan, we just showed our wrist and they smiled and said okay go ahead. My complaint about SAB is not enough life jackets, we stayed at POP and there were tons there, never a shortage. Oh and we didn’t like how each life guard had different rules. Some guests would drink in the pool (alcohol) and life guards would allow it, the next life guard would scream at you across the pool for drinking water a few feet from the pool on the deck. Different rules with the kiddie slide too depending on the life guard, we just wished they all followed the same rules. We sure did see a lot of towels on chairs with no one on them but we always found one or two to dump our stuff on. We hung out in the pool the most anyways, gotta love that sand bottom, oh my, it was so awesome! Now getting to the pool I have a huge issue with, well actually I have a huge issue with where Disney allows guests to smoke at the Yacht Club, umm…really, the best spot to smoke is under the porch walkway that I have to take my kids through to get to the pool? And to the arcade, beaches and cream, beach club, etc. We were shocked they allowed the smokers to smoke there. I spoke with management and put in a complaint; she agreed with me and said they need to change that for sure. So future guests please let me know if it ever gets changed! Back to the magic bands, they were great. Loved the test as we got double the fast passes, 3 through the bands and then as many as we wanted with key to the world cards, we didn’t wait in a line all vacation! Loved the fast pass for BOG restaurant and the food was so good. The braised pork is so yummy; we actually ate there twice, so good! We loved being able to walk to Epcot, took lots of ferries to Hollywood Studios and The Boardwalk. The location is amazing. We ate at Beaches and Cream twice, loved the burgers! If you are thinking of going to Yacht Club, do it! Book the trip and you won’t regret it! If you have any questions please ask, I could write a novel about our fantastic trip! lol

I agree with you about the smoking area. My mom is a smoker and she would hang out there. I was quite surprised at where it was located. Unless you want to walk completely around the outside to the walkway to the beach you have to Walk completely threw that area. Another thing I was pretty surprised by was the amount of ppl walking around smoking. I saw numerous ppl sitting right in front of beaches & cream smoking. Ppl in the pool area and on the walk way by the beach, I even saw a group smoking walking threw Epcot. Cm looked at them and never said anything to them. My mom actually pointed it out to me, I thought she was nuts I told her CM will say something. I watched a women smoke a hole cigarette in front of B&C with the staff standing right there. She was really put out about it, that its a family place with lots of kids ppl should abide by the rules.

My complaint about SAB is not enough life jackets

Agreed, particularly Youth Small. On our first day, I put DS5 into a Youth Medium since that's all we could find, and it was definitely too big. Luckily since we had been on a cruise just prior to Disney we had brought his vest from home, so we just used his the rest of the time.

Now getting to the pool I have a huge issue with, well actually I have a huge issue with where Disney allows guests to smoke at the Yacht Club, umm…really, the best spot to smoke is under the porch walkway that I have to take my kids through to get to the pool? And to the arcade, beaches and cream, beach club, etc. We were shocked they allowed the smokers to smoke there.

It was particularly noticeable during pool closures where people were waiting under the covered walkways and many were smoking. No way to avoid them. Mind you, I have nothing against smokers, but don't wish for us to have to inhale the smoke just to get to and from YC lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter