2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Sorry for making this extra work for you, but could you please change our resort to the YC LV CL.

We've always stayed at the BC but this time we have decided to try a new resort...as you can see we are not moving very far because we just love the BC that much and can't bear to leave the area. It's just my sister and I on our annual reunion holiday, leaving husbands and kids at home but already I'm trying not to have second thoughts on our change in resorts...

Thanks so much for making the change.

Yes, several water slides of all sizes and an amazing "lazy" river which is actually turbo-packed and more like a "crazy" river

Here is one of the slides I am trying to work up my courage to try:

Leap Of Faith- it is a body slide that takes you through tube in a shark tank. When we visited in 2009, 7 year old Ben was the only one who braved this. But there are even BIGGER & STEEPER & DARKER slides there, too. :scared1:

P2190675.jpg

P2200032.jpg

Great pics! Looks kinda like the big slide at BB which I won't go on either!!

We did the slide at Aquatica with the clear tube that went thru a dolphin? tank. I never saw anything with all the water spray :(

Thanks for adding us! Snowmiser seemed more fitting since we live in Buffalo! Hope you are having a great trip!

Hey fellow WNYer! :goodvibes We're from West Seneca. Maybe we'll see you at Stormalong Bay. We're at YC club level 5/12-19. Look for the middle aged man wearing Red Sox t shirt or a Cowboys jersey with a Bruins championship baseball cap. :-)sad2:)

5 weeks from today and we'll be at BC! We got our ME tags yesterday which makes it seem so much closer! We'll be at BC 5/18-5/20 and BLT 5/20-5/25. We're celebrating DS's birthday and doing our first split stay. So excited! :banana:
Love your DIS name - one of our family's favorite shows. We are doing the same split as you, but BLT first, for our DD's birthday. It will be our first split stay. In fact, two weeks from now we'll be celebrating at Disney.

229 Days to our first Disney Christmas and Beach Club Villa experience and I can't wait. :rotfl:

So I have tons of questions but first I was wondering about the weather and weather my family and I will get to enjoy SB. We will be staying Nov. 30th til Dec. 8th.

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot or has already been asked and answer. Thank you all so much in advance.

We went the first week in December last year and the weather was gorgeous - lots of people swimming. During the day, temps were in the low 80's a few days.

Hi everyone. Been reading for awhile and decided to jump on the dis. We are taking our second trip ever to DW this August and are staying for the first time at BC. Our first trip we stayed at WL. Though I thought we would never stay anywhere else's we added one more to our family in the 5 years since our first visit so after a lot of thought we decided on BC over GF.
My question is, with a standard view, do we have a good chance of getting both a daybed and balcony? We have 5 people (dw, dd9, dd7, dd4 and me) The day bed and balcony are our only requests. We need the daybed for one of the girls and the full balcony for somewhere to relax once the youngest crashes. GF would seem to guarantee this but BC seems more our style. We are going the week of Aug 18.
Thanks for your thoughts

It was fantastic! I'll do a mini trip report soon, but first things first:

1) Robyn, I'm so happy to hear about your mom joining you on Easter. And more on our wonderful time at YC soon, but just wanted to mention that my little travel companion talked about you quite a bit at YC and asked Gary (the YC greeter) if he knows you! :) Thanks so much for all the advice and encouragement. (But sorry, no KLP!)

2) The Noodles!!! I talked with both YC and BC Bell Services and they are all amused by my inquiry. YC has not seen any sign of noodles, but BC said the new noodles are there and ready for pick-up. They said that the old noodles disappeared, "but someone started it again!" They were great - such nice guys.

3) Pool refurbishment. Not sure if this is old news by now, but I'll post the photos anyway, in case they are helpful. I'm not really sure how to describe or assess the construction. We've stayed at YC/BC five times in the past two years and spent lots of time at SAB, and I knew what to expect, so it was really fine for us.

It was definitely more crowded than usual, but we expected that would be the case and we had no problem finding a lounge chair (but we usually only use one.) The impact on the YC side is much less than on the BC side, since you're pretty much looking at the same thing as usual when you walk out the back entrance of YC. I talked with a lifeguard and he said it's been going pretty well. The poolside activities were all in the zero depth entry area and that's where you see all the kids lined up - the CMs were wonderful and the kids were having a great time.

Poolside gifts is closed and when I asked, the CM was ready to direct me to BC Marketplace. The women's bathroom inside SAB is closed. The upper deck area with loungers is also closed, but many guests were using the lounge chairs on the beach.

I'm happy to answer questions!

4529861e.jpg

5dadc601.jpg

7b7dde34.jpg

a301c1dd.jpg

c90f5538.jpg

3fffc04f.jpg

1262ef35.jpg

68a8c34a.jpg

ce59623e.jpg

5ff106cd.jpg

09e44d86.jpg

a3f456fd.jpg

913d9094.jpg

910138cc.jpg

17697938.jpg

80768460.jpg

c16ddbb1.jpg

1a36e9ca.jpg

9eb1e1a7.jpg

18b56bc4.jpg

119c19c4.jpg

Dee and Marlton Mom, when I saw this, I burst out laughing - it must be the construction equivalent of the golf cart!

574344d1.jpg

For anyone who is there now, or was very recently...... are they still doing construction on the outside of the YC building? When we were there last August they started replacing siding and repainting. We are arriving on 4/16 for a few nights and just wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

Ed

Yes, there is still construction on the lake side of YC. During our stay, a crane also appeared near the back entrance, but I'm not sure if that's temporary - it wasn't there when we arrived.

8d05d0e2.jpg

Thanks for posting all the pics Pixarmom. Sounds like you had a nice trip. We are going down this week and staying at BWV, but only because BCV was booked. Any SAB is still better than no SAB. Will be sticking with the quiet pool at BWV, though. The clown creeps me out!

Toni

So a mini report regarding YC. As I've mentioned before, I've been staying at BC for 20 years now and never tried YC. For a number of reasons, we decided to give YC a try and I'm so glad I did!

First, I had a special appreciation for YC because we transferred over from POFQ (stayed there before the AP discount kicked in - those peak season Easter rates are rough!) First, I'll say that POFQ is definitely my favorite moderate now - and I've stayed at CSR several times and CBR once. So many great things about it for a moderate. But I hadn't stayed in a mod for over eight years and it refreshed my memory regarding the differences between deluxe and moderate categories.

I completed many photo missions and will upload and organize those shortly, but will start with a few YC room photos and then share some BC vs YC thoughts in the next post. We booked garden view, and this room was just amazing - loved all the windows and the sliding glass door to the patio!

7e3e58c3.jpg

6a60941c.jpg

e9f108e1.jpg

f7c60bfc.jpg

d001b514.jpg

8c91634a.jpg

0ec0446f.jpg

0335db6c.jpg

0a47e96d.jpg

4e8501a8.jpg

Dee asked for photos of the YC secret entrance, which is SO convenient and was right near our room!

When you approach the secret entrance from the outside, the marina is on your left and the wedding gazebo is on your right:

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

And when using the secret entrance to exit, it's right next to room 1065:

daf26e4e.jpg

Pixarmom, thanks for tHe pics! I LOLed when I saw the "construction golf cart". :rotfl2: And your room was GORGEOUS. Love the sliding door.

Glad the noodles, or their noodley dopplegangers, have reappeared! My2disneyboys and are are sharing them in a couple of weeks... :)

Also, thanks for the info about SAB! My kids will be so happy to have the whole pool.

Welcome to all the new posters! I hope someone can pop back and answer questions. I will be a first time visitor in 16 days so I'm not the one to answer. Did I mention 16 days???? LOL

And where is Marlton Mom? I miss you!!!!

A quick question:

We always order from Garden Grocer-- bottled water, park snacks, that sort of stuff.

But I was thinking of switching to wegoshop for our August trip-- so that we could ask her to hit Walmart for some pool noodles for SAB. (We're flying, so we can't bring our own.)

Does that make sense? That way, aside from not paying $5 per noodle, we're also sure we'll get them. Or am I going overboard??

Hi PixarMom,

Thanks for the great photos and the mini trip report. It makes me wish our March trip did not have to end. I would love to be back in the midst of your pictures.

It looks like everyone was enjoying the pool just fine, in spite of the construction.

Janet

I know there is a playground area listed on the maps near SAB, but it wasn't there when we stayed in May/June. Anyone know if they plan on rebuilding a playground?

Welcome back Pixarmom!

So happy to hear that you guys liked YC. It's almost the same as BC - but no Teena!

When we stayed at YC we always had a waterview room, 1st floor right near the "secret exit"! Loved that we didn't have to traipse through the lobby all the time.

Great pictures. Even with the construction they make me "homesick" for SAB!

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip!!!

Too bad about the KLP - I means it's FLORIDA!!!!!

Hi everyone:wave2:, I've not posted in quite some time (been busy with my crazy life). We are still headed back to BC in Nov. but I'm starting to second guess our room. When we were there this past Nov. we had a water view room that had an AMAZING view of the lake. We spent a lot of time sitting on the balcony watching the boats. So when I booked (with a bounce back) I booked a water view room. Seemed like a good idea.
Now I am toying around with the idea of changing to CL and I can't make up my mind. DH REALLY wants a water view and I'm afraid he will be disappointed if we don't have it BUT, the price of LV CL (with the discount) is $680 more than a regular water view room (I'm not sure I'll be happy paying that much more for LV).
Part of the reason for wanting to switch to CL is for DS10, he has Aspergers Syndrom and his anxiety sometimes kicks in when in the small hotel room. I though being able to go to the lounge (as opposed to the lobby) would be good for him to relax. I know he likes the idea of having a place to go and grab a snack, we stayed CL @ Hard Rock back in 2011 and it worked out well.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to help me justify paying all that extra $$ to make everyone happy.
Thanks for listening to me, I'm glad to be back:)
Laurie

Laurie, for what it's worth from me, a person who has never stayed on site at Disney, it sounds like you won't regret that $680. Think of how much more you will enjoy waiting for November to come knowing that you will have the view for DH and the lounge as an additional place for DS to go! It's not just the vacation, it's the anticipation as well...

Pixarmom - great pictures. SAB looks so inviting even with the renovations. Thanks for giving us a wonderful Y /BC fix:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter