2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the bus still shared with BW, Swan/Dolphin? When we were at the BWI in June, it did and when I tell you it was AWFUL, it was- always long lines, no space, and the busses were slow to get to the resort/park. I don't understand how a deluxe resort has to share a bus with so many other resorts- I can see maybe one other, but all of them was crazy.
Do you think April/May will be better? It was a packed time when we went-

First, for all those thinking about YC garden view, I just have to put in my two cents. Last year, our YC room overlooked the quiet pool and I really loved it. I was tempted to lobby the front desk CM for a gazebo view because I know there is so much love for it. But I was thrilled with this quiet pool location. While it wasn't super close to the lobby, we used the YC "secret entrance" quite a bit to avoid winding through hallways.

0335db6c.jpg

4e8501a8.jpg

0a47e96d.jpg

Hi and Welcome to the thread! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We were out early at the bus stops and we never saw the hordes of people waiting. There is now a CM at the resort bus stops In The Morning reporting back to dispatch about the need for more buses in case a thundering herd does show up for a particular park. I've even heard a rumor that monitors are going to be put in the bus stops showing that the bus for park "X" is so many minutes away from your stop. I heard about this being considered for the Grand Floridian bus stop but it can't be far behind the other deluxe hotels if it is in fact true.

~NM

Two bus notes:

1) Our family just did an overnight at a resort fairly close to home and met a waiter there who just finished the college program and is returning as a CM this week. Now, he's in entertainment. During most of his college program experience, he was the CM out at the bus stop! He has a seriously amazing outlook on his job as "that guy" at the bus stop - truly loves Disney. Funny stories about guests' bus stop behaviors, too. :)

2) Just wanted to confirm what NM is saying about DTD and the bus. Seriously, it's no better or worse from BC/YC than anywhere else. We've stayed at Poly, CR, BC, YC, WL, AKL, Dolphin, BWI, CSR, CBR, Sports and POFQ (but that doesn't count because there's the boat to DTD.) And I can tell you that, in our experience, the bus to DTD is never great. Highly recommend the cab - worth every penny. Although we have no plans to visit DTD anytime soon, if we return, we'll grab a cab both to and fro. At the most, we'll take the bus "to" and the cab "fro."

Is the bus still shared with BW, Swan/Dolphin? When we were at the BWI in June, it did and when I tell you it was AWFUL, it was- always long lines, no space, and the busses were slow to get to the resort/park. I don't understand how a deluxe resort has to share a bus with so many other resorts- I can see maybe one other, but all of them was crazy.
Do you think April/May will be better? It was a packed time when we went-

We've stayed at BC during many different times of year. Our BC/YC stays have covered the months of January, February, March, April, July, August and October so far (but not June!) and we're usually out at the bus stop first thing in the morning before rope drop. It's almost always direct to MK or AK from BC with no stop at BWI unless the bus is really empty. I timed the BWI stop and it added three minutes to our trip (which is about 15 minutes direct to MK.)

At least for me, I think it feels different to board the bus at BWI because it's already relatively full from the other resorts. When we board at BC, it doesn't start off crowded and if we fill up the bus enough, we just head straight to the park without the BWI stop.

Our trips back to BC from MK/AK have always included stops at S/D and YC first. We sometimes consider bailing at S/D or YC and walking but the stops are quick so we haven't.

First, for all those thinking about YC garden view, I just have to put in my two cents. Last year, our YC room overlooked the quiet pool and I really loved it. I was tempted to lobby the front desk CM for a gazebo view because I know there is so much love for it. But I was thrilled with this quiet pool location. While it wasn't super close to the lobby, we used the YC "secret entrance" quite a bit to avoid winding through hallways.

0335db6c.jpg

We had a room that was a little bit to the right of this picture. It was a lovely location. We loved that it was close to the secret YC entrance. In fact, we almost never went to the lobby, and if we did, we walked outside to go there. :)
The boats can be noisy with all that "tooting" they do, so we were happy to be away from it. I would request that view again.

Hello All :wave2:

I took advantage of the new discount this morning and booked a trip back to BC! Yeah! We'll be there 4/13 - 4/19, which is our kids school vacation! After months spent "working" my DH into the realization that we need another trip to BC (we fell in love with it during our trip in October of 2011), the new discount was an offer too good to refuse.

I can't wait to tell our DDs!

We had a room that was a little bit to the right of this picture. It was a lovely location. We loved that it was close to the secret YC entrance. In fact, we almost never went to the lobby, and if we did, we walked outside to go there. :)
The boats can be noisy with all that "tooting" they do, so we were happy to be away from it. I would request that view again.

So, how would this request be worded? Overlooking quiet pool??? Being near the secret entrance would be nice.

Hi and Welcome to the thread! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We were out early at the bus stops and we never saw the hordes of people waiting. There is now a CM at the resort bus stops In The Morning reporting back to dispatch about the need for more buses in case a thundering herd does show up for a particular park. I've even heard a rumor that monitors are going to be put in the bus stops showing that the bus for park "X" is so many minutes away from your stop. I heard about this being considered for the Grand Floridian bus stop but it can't be far behind the other deluxe hotels if it is in fact true.

Nope. the only bus nightmare that one has to worry about when staying at the BC/YC is the bus to Downtown Disney. I think the BC is the last stop before the bus GOES to DTD, so it may be full when it pulls up. The bus coming back from DTD goes all over before finally getting to the BC/YC stops. The time depends on how may people are involved and if there are scooters to be loaded and unloaded. Also I think the DTD makes a stop at a Water park, but it didn't when we were on the bus, possibly because one of them was closed for a refurbishment.

Keep in mind that All resorts that have bus service to DTD have epic problems, so it's not just the YC/BC. The bus to DTD is like the unwanted stepchild of the resort bus system. She is asked to do too many chores by stopping at too many resorts much like Cinderella and her problems. An insider secret is to figure out which is the worst leg of a bus trip between your resort and DTD and take a cab to avoid that leg of the trip. In the case of the YC/BC the consensus is that the return trip from DTD to the YC/BC is reaylly problematic so spend the estimated $20 (includes a tip for the driver) and take the cab. It's 45 minutes plus of your life that you will be glad to get back.

~NM
Thanks for the advice.
Is there a set order the buses all pick up / drop off at the Epcot resorts? We don't mind walking to one of the other resorts if it might help us bag a seat, although I suppose the buses aren't always shared if it's busy?

So, how would this request be worded? Overlooking quiet pool??? Being near the secret entrance would be nice.

I guess overlooking quiet pool would work. ;) We were bumped from the BC and that was the room we got. It was very bright and sunny. :)

Where is the YC "secret entrance"? Trying to find out all that I can about the YC before our first stay there! :goodvibes

Where is the YC "secret entrance"? Trying to find out all that I can about the YC before our first stay there! :goodvibes

Wish I knew how to post Robo maps - I could show you easily! Here's a link to a map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm. The secret entrance is right where it says "laundry" on the YC side right between the wedding gazebo and marina!

If you stand on the path right in front of the YC back entrance facing the lake, you'll see this:

fa762d94.jpg

This will be behind you:

b9defbf7.jpg

Now turn right and walk toward the Dolphin. Keep walking until you see the marina on the left and and the wedding gazebo on the right. At that point, the "secret entrance" is straight ahead!

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

If trying to reach it from the inside, it's right next to room 1065. I took this to help me remember!

daf26e4e.jpg

Thanks for the advice.
Is there a set order the buses all pick up / drop off at the Epcot resorts? We don't mind walking to one of the other resorts if it might help us bag a seat, although I suppose the buses aren't always shared if it's busy?

I'm thinking they pretty much always go to the Yacht Club before the Beach Club, at least that's what we saw when we were riding the buses BACK to the resort. It was always in the back of my mind to go over to the YC bus stop if we were trying to get on the bus during a crazy time but it never happened because the buses were not a problem for our December trip.

I also was thinking a fun thing to do would have been to get Off of the bus at the Yacht Club and then go inside and check it out on the walk back over to the BC, but my boys were interested in Pin Trading so we had already been all over the Yacht Club checking out the Pin Trading books over there and the early exit from the buses was not needed.

Here is your complimentary Pin Trading tip of the day!​
Pin Trading Books (I'm talking the multi page, LOADED with pins, BOOKS!) are generally located at:

:thumbsup2 One of the Hotel stores (At BC= Marketplace and at YC = Fittings & Fairings)

:thumbsup2 The main desk or some equivalent location in the lobby of the hotel.

~ And the super, not so secret location ~ :thumbsup2 The Bell services desk!

We had a great time pin trading with Teena as well! The bell services people really liked it that we came over and asked to pin trade with them so thanks to Teena for that tip!

~NM

I'm thinking they pretty much always go to the Yacht Club before the Beach Club, at least that's what we saw when we were riding the buses BACK to the resort. It was always in the back of my mind to go over to the YC bus stop if we were trying to get on the bus during a crazy time but it never happened because the buses were not a problem for our December trip.

I also was thinking a fun thing to do would have been to get Off of the bus at the Yacht Club and then go inside and check it out on the walk back over to the BC, but my boys were interested in Pin Trading so we had already been all over the Yacht Club checking out the Pin Trading books over there and the early exit from the buses was not needed.

Here is your complimentary Pin Trading tip of the day!​
Pin Trading Books (I'm talking the multi page, LOADED with pins, BOOKS!) are generally located at:

:thumbsup2 One of the Hotel stores (At BC= Marketplace and at YC = Fittings & Fairings)

:thumbsup2 The main desk or some equivalent location in the lobby of the hotel.

~ And the super, not so secret location ~ :thumbsup2 The Bell services desk!

We had a great time pin trading with Teena as well! The bell services people really liked it that we came over and asked to pin trade with them so thanks to Teena for that tip!

~NM

Thanks so much for the pin trading info!

Dee, we have changed our dates a little in order to take full advantage of the new discount. Our dates are YC garden view club level from June 8-June 15. We were able to save about $1400 by changing the dates by one day and applying the discount. This was great news!!

Love all the recent postings.

NinjaMom - nice trip report installment. Always good to be left with a cliff hanger (who is the 6th person!)

PixarMom - thanks for the great pictures! :thumbsup2

So Ninja Mom ??? When exactly are you going to be at POFQ?? I see you have 51 days until you will be there!! Could that be true???

~Nannette

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say Happy New Year! Today is our 100 day mark 'til our April trip and excitement is building each day.:banana: Was thrilled to apply the new Spring discount that came out today to our reservation. Hoping these cold winter months pass quickly so we can get to the BC!!!:goodvibes

So Ninja Mom ??? When exactly are you going to be at POFQ?? I see you have 51 days until you will be there!! Could that be true???

~Nannette
Yes it is true! I shall be arriving on the day in which you are departing. :yay:/:sad:
We'll probably arrive at POFQ at around 1 pm.

I'll warm up your seat on the magical depress for the ride home.... unless you want to run like a bunny over to our room and hole up for a couple more days! I can totally explain that to my husband since we are in the business of adopting people on our Disney Trips!

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter