2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to manage a decent vacation.

I haven't personally rented a wheelchair, but there are a few companies that can deliver one to the resort. Here is the info I have, but would love if others can give you suggestions from personal experience:

Where can I rent a scooter, wheelchair or other mobility items during my stay?

www.KM-Rentals.com and Mobility Equipment Rentals both deliver to the resorts and both run about $125 weekly. KM-Rentals offers free delivery and pick-up ... not sure about Mobility Equipment Rentals.

Wheelchairs may also be provided free of charge to resort guests, subject to availability upon check-in.

A piece of advice about charging your scooter: Charge your scooter in your room. There are limited outlets outside the room, and if you leave the scooter to charge overnight, someone else may come along, unplug your scooter to use the outlet. The next morning, you will discover your scooter has not been charged.

Wow snorkeling with turtles? Awesome, hope you had a great time.
I called YC IPO they said just see Bell services when we check in. WC free of charge they put a 250 $ hold on credit card in case you don't return it.
I don't want the hassle of a scooter. Thanks for info.

My daughter saw Dr. Today bad foot sprain they want her off it as much as possible for 2 wks. We are leaving for our trip in 2 days. I think I'll have to get her a wheelchair for our stay no way could she do crutches :sad2:
Can't wait for our 1st YC stay

What a bummer! Hopefully she will be feeling better really quickly. If you do wind up renting a scooter I hope you trick it out with airbrushed flames and LED lights and a truck horn for the slackers who are clogging the paths ;)

I can't contain myself. We snorkeled with turtles several times last week. Here are just a few of many pictures. Ben swimming with a turtle and the turtle I followed for 10 minutes on Thursday morning.

I want you to know that Turtle got a restraining order filed against you two for stalking!

~NM

PS. Janet was into the chocolate too! I saw her!!! :p

I want you to know that Turtle got a restraining order filed against you two for stalking!

:rotfl2:

PS. Janet was into the chocolate too! I saw her!!! :p

Thanks for keeping an eye on things while I was away. They may have gotten into my chocolate stash, but fortunately they didn't find the coffee. That would have been tragic!

And it Looks like you lit a fire under MickeyT.

What? This? Piece of cake.

Yacht.Beach.Club.Itnerary.Planning@disneyworld.com:charac2:

Have fun at WDW!

(PS...Don't use my link. It won't work)

Never mind!

Have a fantastic trip!!! May the force be with you! I know that's the next trip, but just in case you need it for this one too. Can't wait to hear about it.

WOW natebenma!!! Awesome turtle pics! Thanks!
I had a turtle surface about 8 ft from me near Molokini off Maui a couple of years ago - incredible experience!!:goodvibes I didn't get much of a pic, though, because I was so panicked trying to back up - the dive leader kept telling us not to get too close! LOL

HOT NEWS!
Stay tuned here. There's a small chance that our upcoming April trip *might* be upgraded from POR to BC.....
I'm *SO* excited! It's not in stone in any way, shape or form, but it's on the table......

...stay tuned!

HOT NEWS!
Stay tuned here. There's a small chance that our upcoming April trip *might* be upgraded from POR to BC.....
I'm *SO* excited! It's not in stone in any way, shape or form, but it's on the table......

...stay tuned!

Fantastic!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Gotta luv sunday mornings reading here,pot of tea on the the table and a smile on my face:love:
You guys make me laugh as well as being a fountain of knowledge on all things BC/YC :)
Just wanted to say thanks:goodvibes

We will be staying at POR and the Yacht Club at the end of August. Our nephew/godson lives in Florida and usually spends a bit of time with us at our resort when we visit WDW. Will he be able to hang out with us at SAB? He is not on our reservation (nor do I want him to be), just want him to be able to swim with us and have some ice cream at Beaches & Cream. TIA for any help.

As others have answered, wristbands are required for entry to SAB, but you should be able to spend some time with your nephew at one of the quiet pools.

And of course, Beaches & Cream is open to everyone (if you can get a seat) ;)

My son was pouring his cereal and spotted this hidden mickey..... :lmao:
419F2659-3764-4B1A-ABDC-DF18555F98FA-6447-000007EE6324209C_zps04daff09.jpg

Cool!

:rotfl2:

I was going to comment on this too. Travelling with a "laminated" drink recipe card is definitely showing off your obssesive side. All the more funny since your not that much of a drinker.

Also funny that the bartender asked me where I have this drink and when it was made asked how it was. I admitted I had never actually tried the drink before, but this one was excellent. A manager came over to check out my recipe card, too. I offered to leave it with them, but they didn't want it.

Of course, I had to do all of this while my DH was not around- he would have been mortified. We visited this bartender later in the evening, and when the bartender bent over backwards to help us, Mark wanted to know how much I had tipped him. (answer: a lot, and it was so worth it)

If anyone is interested I just posted a bunch of BC pics on my TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47600962&posted=1#post47600962

Thanks, Doreen!

Would you mind if I put a link to your TR on the first page of the thread. Many people have asked for resort specific TRs.

I think that I have finally met someone more OCD than me ;) I hope that you all had a fun trip!

You don't know the half of it, my friend!

I've been following a thread about the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower, and thought I would repeat here an alert that someone posted over there.

It's about the pizza delivery fliers you find slid under your door in the resorts. Reports say at least some of them have been a scam attempt to get people to call and give their personal and credit card information of the phone. The pizza never shows up and you have to cancel your card.

Be careful out there!

Thanks so much for the heads up!!!

Here is the info about pizza delivery that I have on Page 1 (Dining info)

Local pizza restaurants will deliver to the resort.

You will need to meet the delivery person in the lobby to pay for and pick up the food.

Here is a thread with pizza delivery information: Pizza Delivery at Disney World

I have personally never ordered from any of the places listed, but these were a few area pizza restaurants recommended by posters on the thread:

Giordanos: (407) 397 0044

Westgate Pizza Hut: (866) 438-2507

Papa Johns: (352) 243-1800

Flipper's Pizza: (407) 938-9633

Under NO circumstances should you order from any place that slips flyers under the door of your resort room (at Disney or elsewhere).
This is a common scam where you are asked to provide your credit card number and you may be charged much more than you authorize.

Hi,

I'm getting ready to pay my vacation in full today :), but just keep questioning myself if I wanna change my room from a garden view to a pool/water view. Can anyone who has stayed in both tell me if it's worth the extra couple hundred dollars to do so? Thanks so much!

Congrats!

And :welcome:

:cool1:

I don't think I saw you on the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. If you would like to be added, let us know the dates you are staying. BC or YC?

I always book standard view, because the room view isn't that important to me, although once I was upgraded to a water/garden view (there was no garden view category at that time).

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have been reading all the previous posts for the past couple hours.

But, I have a couple questions that I haven't seen answered (although I haven't gotten through all of the posts!). I think I read that the playground by Stormalong Bay is no longer there. Is there another playground somewhere on the property. With a 2 and 6 year old, we like our playgrounds for some down time.

We have stayed at the Yacht Club but will be at the Beach Club, in November, for the first time. When we stayed at the Yacht Club I made a room request to stay close to the Beach Club thinking there would be a staircase at the end of the building (obviously I didn't do my research before that trip). Well, our request was honored and we were placed at the far end of the building. This was quite a hike with a 3 year old in tow who didn't want to be carried. So, I don't want to make the same mistake this time. As of now I have requested a room close to Epcot. But, I'm having a hard time finding a map of the rooms at the Beach Club. Is this going to put us in the same situation as we were in at Yacht Club...this time with TWO slow pokes who want to be independent?!?!? Should I be making a different room request (close to elevators perhaps?)?

:welcome:

I would love to add you to the Be Our Guest list for November. What are your dates?

:woohoo:

Others have given answers to your questions. Here is a layout map of the BC resort- just be aware that the room categories are not accurate- this map was created before there was a garden view designation and many of the rooms have been reclassified.

Beach Club Disney Zone Map

Is there a toaster which would be available for us to use in the morning? I am assuming there is not one in the standard rooms. We will be at Beach Club in 7 weeks!!!!!!! YAY!

:welcome:

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list? April?

:yay:

Okay...I did it. With all this great information I have gotten from everyone I was beginning to feel that a 8 night stay would be too short for our first visit. I just got off the phone and I have extended our stay 2 more nights for a total 10 night stay. Now to go and make more dining reservations!!!!

BTW , I am thinking about spending one of my days at the Kennedy Space center. How easy is it to rent a car for a day. Is this something I can ask the BC IPO to do? Has anyone here had experience doing that?

Thanks everyone.

Jan

:thumbsup2 for extending your stay.

I have you on the Be Our Guest list. Would you like me to adjust your dates?

HOT NEWS!

...stay tuned!

Very tempted to add you to the B.O.G list, but I will wait until the official ok.

:hyper:

Time for a couple of administrative messages:

First off, I would like to thank MickeyT once again for holding down the fort while I was away!!! The few candy bars he may have grabbed from my not-so-secret stash were well worth sacrificing.

Here is the current Be Our Guest list. Please look it over to make sure your information is listed correctly. If you have any adjustments or changes, please let me know.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Some of you may have noticed that we are at Page 240, dangerously close to the magical 250 limit when threads are closed due to overpopulation. Rest assured that I will be scouting out new locations in the next few days for when we are evicted. Once I have found a suitable home for us, I will let you know the new address and I'll leave some breadcrumbs behind for the stragglers.

Dee

:flower3:First I want to say :thanks: to natebenma and the gang for all the fun info and updates on this thread:grouphug:
:surfweb:Secondly I wanted to let you know just how helpful the IPO team have been for us, they arranged all our ADRs for our upcoming stay and organised the Pirates and Pals cruise for us too. Our choices are as follows:-
August 20th Yak and Yeti 11:30 am
August 23rd 50's Prime Time 5:45 pm
August 24th Teppan Edo 6:00 pm
August 25th Captain's Grille 8:30 am (first time here)
August 26th Yachtsman's Steakhouse 7:15 pm Anniversary Dinner
August 27th Hoop De Doo Revue Category 2 6:15pm (first time here)
August 28th Biergarten Restaurant 6:00 pm (first time here)
August 30th The Crystal Palace 8:05 am AND
* Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage* 8:30 pm (never done this before)
August 31st T-Rex Cafe 12:30 pm (first time here)
September 2nd Captain's Grille 8:30 am (our departure day)
The IPO team were great and and managed to work our requests out to within 15 minutes of our preferred dining times which was brilliant for us we like to dine earlier than others and still enjoy time in the parks before calling it a day.We received our confirmation email today with all our reservation numbers with each location and time and the number of people in our party is correct too (unlike the Disney Experience App info which I take with a pinch of salt now).
So if you are unsure which way to plan your ADRs and are staying CL please allow the IPO team the chance to create some magic for your vacation.pixiedust:

We have our dates. We will be there Sept 12-22. We just decided to book it and ask for forgiveness later from work. I'm hoping all goes well with all the moving 3 months before our trip.

Surprisingly, the quiet pools are open 24 hours a day. Let's hope the people using these pools in the late evening and early morning hours respect the quiet part!

SAB hours are a little tougher to determine. At one point there were set hours of 10 am to 10 pm, but I think the pool managers have gone back to hours based on weather, crowd level, time of year, etc. So in the winter the pool may close as early as 8 pm (anyone ever seen it close earlier?) and in the summer, maybe it will be open until 11 some evenings.

My guess for April is 10 pm, but that is not based on anything that has been documented.

thank you !!! you guys are the best on here!

Good AM!! I was just wondering... since we plan to arrive at 7am to check in, I have 2 questions:

Do you think that I should expect to see a line already to check in?? (I wont be doing on-line check in) and secondly, has anyone had any problems with leaving luggage and such with Bell Service?? I was told that most likely my room wont be ready but they will hold luggage and send me a text when room is ready. Just wondering, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter