2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great question, TEENA how about some help here.......popcorn::

The quiet pools are for everybody. We call them quiet because there are no lifeguards and there are no recreation cast members there on the loud speakers doing games and there is no music. I think you will find lots more people at the quiet pool at the BCV than the quiet pools at the BC and the YC ... just my opinion from walking around the resorts.

The quiet pools are for everybody. We call them quiet because there are no lifeguards and there are no recreation cast members there on the loud speakers doing games and there is no music. I think you will find lots more people at the quiet pool at the BCV than the quiet pools at the BC and the YC ... just my opinion from walking around the resorts.

Thank you so much. I knew that you would have the answer. See you real soon.:thumbsup2

My kids love the SandCastle Club at BC! They were only supposed to go there one night last summer but they liked it so much they ended up going three times!

We have them booked for two times for our upcoming trip.

I think the cost was $11 per hour, per child. This includes dinner. You make your reservation through Disney Dining just like a dinner reservation.

The only rules that I remember are that the kids must be potty trained and you leave your cell phone number and tell them where you are going to be. You fill out a little form about the child and then they give you a "kids menu" to order their dinner.

My kids can't wait to go back!

Robyn,
My son loves the Sandcastle Club too! We've always had a reservation though. When your kids asked to go more times during the week, were you able to walk in with them or did you make a reservation the day before? Was there ever a problem with being able to get them in with little notice? Thanks!!

And don't forget that the Quiet Pool is the preferred location for those husbands wearing the ;) "Offish-awful" Beach club Speedo mankini!

Also, to confirm rumors, YES! the Chippendales have entered a team in the "Beach Club Mousekeeping fantasy closet suite" Marco polo tournament.

For those of us seeking refuge in this imaginary suite, this is big news! We will be hosting a reception for the Chippendale team before the tournament so save up your dollar bills.... the Chippendales don't take Disney dollars! :confused3

~MM

And don't forget that the Quiet Pool is the preferred location for those husbands wearing the ;) "Offish-awful" Beach club Speedo mankini!

Also, to confirm rumors, YES! the Chippendales have entered a team in the "Beach Club Mousekeeping fantasy closet suite" Marco polo tournament.

For those of us seeking refuge in this imaginary suite, this is big news! We will be hosting a reception for the Chippendale team before the tournament so save up your dollar bills.... the Chippendales don't take Disney dollars! :confused3

~MM

I promise you, I will not be mistaken for a Chippendale, nor will they even think of allowing me in the Mousekeeping fantasy closet suite....:lmao:

Robyn,
My son loves the Sandcastle Club too! We've always had a reservation though. When your kids asked to go more times during the week, were you able to walk in with them or did you make a reservation the day before? Was there ever a problem with being able to get them in with little notice? Thanks!!

We had a reservation for the first time they went. When they started asking to go more often (especially ds) I talked to the CM in concierge and they arranged it for us. It was all done on the same day basis but we never had a problem getting them in.

The cms told me that usually the Sandcastle Club is not filled. They said it is a whole different story with the Neverland Club. Funny thing is my kids have done both kids club and prefer the Sandcastle Club!

Okay, stupid me, I thought the quiet pool was for adults only. That way you could get away from the noise and splashing you get at SAB.:confused3
:lmao::lmao::lmao:Sorry, it's for everyone. And sometimes it may not be so quiet.

Wait, I am confused, can anyone use the quiet pool? I was thinking it might be a good start for the kids if they can't handle SAB. Am I wrong?
I disagree with this. There is a great area for kids to start at SAB!! Go to SAB first! :thumbsup2

I promise you, I will not be mistaken for a Chippendale, nor will they even think of allowing me in the Mousekeeping fantasy closet suite....:lmao:

Oh No! There is room for EVERYBODY in the fantasy Mousekeeping closet/suite. In fact we just put in additional outlets for the scooters so that they can recharge twice as fast for easier fantasy vacations.

The fantasy Mousekeeping closet/suite is an equal opportunity resort. We don't discriminate based on race, income or bathing suit size, speedo or no speedo! In fact we even welcome those wishing to escape the rigors of club level, especially if they let us borrow their red elevator cards for our chips and dips and Kahlua run! :thumbsup2

~MM

Hey! Is this the same "team" that's planning the first ever BC Mousekeeping closet/suite "Marco Polo tournament"?

Since we now can accommodate so many in the closet/suite we figured we better get some help organizing this massive event. The Mousekeeping closet team kicks off their first match against Brazil, which has entered MANY tour groups in the tournament.

Marlton Mom here is happy to say that in her neighborhood no one under 12 years of age has ever beaten her in Marco Polo. After the age of 12 I fear they start to get a little too quick for me, especially in our 18 foot, round, above ground pool. The good news is that I've been working out to get in shape for this very prestigious tournament and I'm fairly confident I will make the team.

So who else is in and what are your "special" qualifications?

Marlton Mom

Well, I was quite the crack player at sharks and minnows back in the day....and I could.... wait. WHAT BC Mousekeeping closet/suite? I missed something didn't I? :eek:

Maybe it's these dratted pain pills I'm on for my teeth. *Eyes bottle suspiciously*

I actually meant the Disney event planning team, since I am working on setting up a special night for my DH on our anniversary trip... but your event group sounds MUCH more fun.

Brazil doesn't stand a chance...:rotfl:

The secret Housekeeping Closet and Spa is sneaking into every part of my life! Today I was trying to think of a project for my high school students in my Graphic Design Class. I was so close to assigning them to create the official layout. Then I remember it was a secret and also I could not figure out how to explain my vision to my kids. So, they created a living room instead :yay:

The fantasy Mousekeeping closet/suite is an equal opportunity resort. We don't discriminate based on race, income or bathing suit size, speedo or no speedo! In fact we even welcome those wishing to escape the rigors of club level, especially if they let us borrow their red elevator cards for our chips and dips and Kahlua run! :thumbsup2

~MM

As a founding member of the fantasy Mousekeeping closet/suite I second MM's motion of an equal opportunity closet.

All are welcome - as long as they bring cookies, chips, liquor, slushies, or an idea that expands on the closet and keeps it alive for another day. :rotfl: :banana::banana::banana:

The secret Housekeeping Closet and Spa is sneaking into every part of my life! Today I was trying to think of a project for my high school students in my Graphic Design Class. I was so close to assigning them to create the official layout. Then I remember it was a secret and also I could not figure out how to explain my vision to my kids. So, they created a living room instead :yay:

I admire your thoughts and would have loved to see what the layout would look like. I love looking at floor plans, so seeing one for the closet would be fantastic. :lovestruc

Thanks ... they gave me a cream to use today. Hopefully it will work. The rash doesn't hurt or itch ... it's more like a skin discoloration and the weird thing is that it's way below the area the beams hit.

Hang in there - hope the new cream helps. I'm asking Mom about it - she had a stretch of radiation after the two surgeries and chemo.

P.S. Everyone was asking about you on Easter - we're all thinking good healing thoughts for you! :grouphug:

1) Quiet pool vs. SAB. We have a pre-schooler (in addition to two tweens) and SAB is a much better fit for him than the quiet pool. Reading other threads, you would think that SAB is "dangerous." Actually, I think I saw someone describe it that way earlier this week! But I agree with DawnMaree - go to SAB first!

The zero depth entry area is great for tiny kids, and the small, circular wading pool to the side of SAB is about as tame as you can get. Neither one of these areas are connected to the deeper sections of the pool. The quiet pool is a more traditional pool with steps. So it's fine, and a nice alternative if SAB is closed, but I don't consider it as kid-friendly as the kiddie areas of SAB.

2) Scooters! Glad to see all the support here, and sorry to hear about the insensitive comments. I can almost guarantee you that my dad would have won the "What is that guy doing in a scooter?" award last summer in California. He's athletic so his issues are apparent to the casual observer. He had a great sense of humor about it and we all had a great time.

1) Quiet pool vs. SAB. We have a pre-schooler (in addition to two tweens) and SAB is a much better fit for him than the quiet pool. Reading other threads, you would think that SAB is "dangerous." Actually, I think I saw someone describe it that way earlier this week! But I agree with DawnMaree - go to SAB first!

The zero depth entry area is great for tiny kids, and the small, circular wading pool to the side of SAB is about as tame as you can get. Neither one of these areas are connected to the deeper sections of the pool. The quiet pool is a more traditional pool with steps. So it's fine, and a nice alternative if SAB is closed, but I don't consider it as kid-friendly as the kiddie areas of SAB.

Thank you so much. We booked because I was excited for SAB but it seemed the more I read, the more I thought that it might be too big and scary. DD3 loves to swim and DS1.5 is fearless when it comes to anything but I was getting nervous!

Thank you so much. We booked because I was excited for SAB but it seemed the more I read, the more I thought that it might be too big and scary. DD3 loves to swim and DS1.5 is fearless when it comes to anything but I was getting nervous!

Here are a couple photos I posted in a response on the old thread. Sorry to thread vets for the repeat, but I thought they might help!

Wading pool:

afc8bb76.jpg

Zero depth area (most of this area is between zero and approx. 2 feet and entirely disconnected from the rest of SAB, lazy river, etc.)

4f396cae.jpg

Two more questions tonight.

1. Where do I find Stormalong's hours? We will be there in a little over a week! :cool1:

2. Our arrival day will be spent relaxing around the resort or maybe going to Downtown Disney. We won't be able to use a park ticket to go see Illuminations, so where at the resort would be a good place to see Illuminations? Or would we need to walk to the Boardwalk or somewhere else to see it?

3. It's our first stay at this resort. I'm wondering if people just walk thru the BC lobby soaking wet from SAB? Do you even have a choice?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter