2011 Swap Calendar

I wouldn't mind doing Secret Sister (as it doesn't involve people sending huge amounts of stuff over the pond - just the one package!) - or co-hosting so mine stays a surprise:goodvibes

I think I'll not do Primas this year though - as I still have LOADS - or else, do it much later in the year (say end August? for end September/beg. October?). there wasn't huge take-up so I guess everyone else still has plenty of pretty flowers too:rolleyes1

ETA any date is fine with me for the complete pages, if you can avoid me needing to do a lot round February (too many bithdays) and August (school holidays).

I would LOVE to hostess the character swap and the magic kingdom swap if no one has an objection. The character would probably be in spring and the MK one to follow that (or vice-versa if you want). These are two of my favorites! I'll think about dates if no one cares and get back to you next week. Also.....I'll be posting the interest thread for the couples/duos and rare character swap this week if it's still ok with you. (Do you think we still have time this year or is it getting too close to the holidays?) I don't want anyone to be overwhelmed or not join because it's too close to the holiday rush. I will just follow what has been posted for the previous interest threads and find out who is interested and for when. Princess Nancy.....please let me know how I can make this as smooth and interresting for all involved if you happen to see something that needs fixing. I'm so excited to be hostessing my first swap.
Thanks,
Danielle

Completely forget that last post.
I was just looking at the calendar from last year. PN and AWM....please let me know what you think. Do you think I could hostess the MK swap in January and roll the couples/duos swap into a character swap for April/May sometime. The groups for the duos would be fairly small and they could just be a separate group in the character swap, or should I hold a separate swap. What do you think? It's been a whole year almost since the MK swap and I'd be willing to tackle it with a little help from my friends:flower3:. January would be perfect timing for me as I'm trying to fill the time until our trip late next year. I mean......I'm a planner when it comes to our trips but 14-months of planning may be a little extreme even for me :rotfl:.

Ok, ladies... I have seen the new posts but have a birthday for my baby to celebrate tomorrow... let me digest this info on Monday and post back to you in regards to all questions...

I'm a planner too...so I have to look at my sheets... and lists...and plan, plan, plan!! So I'm not ignoring anyone purposely...just have that birthday of importance!!! ;)
Plus I'm drained from homecoming last night!!!

mommy2mrb... we haven't done the altered paper clip swap before...it was suggested but never done.... so we can work together to figure out how to do it... It would be an easy one to do....

Have you looked them up in a search on the web? That will help in your ideas...(group break downs).... as for the interest thread or sign up thread.. we all do alot of copying and pasting of the current swaps and adjust them to our particular swap!

Hi Nan,
I am working on my second swap right now, but did 4 or 5 a couple years ago, I would like to host one if possible....maybe the altered paperclips if you think that would be an easy first time one.
Is there a link to an earlier one that I could check out. If you don't think I'm ready I totally understand.
Thanks!

In the one that was done a couple of years ago we had groups based on themes- I think there was up to 10 people per group and we made 2 paper clips per person.

here is a link to the swap we held in June of 2007:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470992&highlight=altered+paperclips

Pictures of the completed groups are on page 8 of the thread in posts 111 and 119.

Rebecca

Thanks Nancy and Rebecca!

Could it be for just general disney? or do you think everyone would like different themes? What time of year would work best? I was thinking middle of april after we get back from WDW.

Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks!

Thanks Nancy and Rebecca!

Could it be for just general disney? or do you think everyone would like different themes? What time of year would work best? I was thinking middle of april after we get back from WDW.

Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks!

I would suggest maybe start with 2 groups- have 1 be Disney (anything anyone wanted) and another be general anything.

Rebecca

Parks/Icons ~ 2" words & 4" letters
and
Pass it Forward Swap

I do want to do both of these. I am thinking early Feb. for the Parks/Icons one. How long do you generally recommend for a due date? I'm flexible though...if you want me to go elsewhere on the calendar.

Pass It Forward...Since we just had one recently I think it's better to put this at the end of the year so people have a chance to collect new items for their stash. Maybe August or the fall sometime?

Nancy, you mentioned this in the part where you discussed the mega swaps:
MK Character altered letter swap

I'd be interested in hostessing this if you want one on the calendar.

I would suggest maybe start with 2 groups- have 1 be Disney (anything anyone wanted) and another be general anything.

Rebecca

I was thinking the same...so Nancy would middle of April or early May work for this? or could do later too.

:worship: Would the swap goddess's allow me to host a swap this comming year?:worship:
You all know Disneyland/DCA is close to my heart. Rita and I could even co-host I don't think I live far from her now....
But also I'm not picky. anything Disney is cool with me :thumbsup2 That and I always loved the Recipe swaps I use my books :)

I have you noted on the list as wanting to host. Could you pick a time frame that works best for you! :)

I wouldn't mind doing Secret Sister (as it doesn't involve people sending huge amounts of stuff over the pond - just the one package!) - or co-hosting so mine stays a surprise:goodvibes

I think I'll not do Primas this year though - as I still have LOADS - or else, do it much later in the year (say end August? for end September/beg. October?). there wasn't huge take-up so I guess everyone else still has plenty of pretty flowers too:rolleyes1

ETA any date is fine with me for the complete pages, if you can avoid me needing to do a lot round February (too many bithdays) and August (school holidays).

We will see how much interest the secret sister swap brings about..

Primas ~ I have you still listed but it can wait.. no need to do it until you are ready or someone needs them! :)

Complete pages/make pages I have you signed up for Sign ups in June/Due in September. I need you to just confirm those times work for you and you to pick a date for sign ups. If those dates don't work in your schedule, let me know what does!!:hug:

I would LOVE to hostess the character swap and the magic kingdom swap if no one has an objection. The character would probably be in spring and the MK one to follow that (or vice-versa if you want). These are two of my favorites! I'll think about dates if no one cares and get back to you next week. Also.....I'll be posting the interest thread for the couples/duos and rare character swap this week if it's still ok with you. (Do you think we still have time this year or is it getting too close to the holidays?) I don't want anyone to be overwhelmed or not join because it's too close to the holiday rush. I will just follow what has been posted for the previous interest threads and find out who is interested and for when. Princess Nancy.....please let me know how I can make this as smooth and interresting for all involved if you happen to see something that needs fixing. I'm so excited to be hostessing my first swap.
Thanks,
Danielle

I have you on the books..need a date ASAP as to when you want to do the MK sign ups..and due date...

I would suggest that you just put a few rare/duo groups into your character swap that they are hosting. I think that would be best.. I'd hate for you to have no interest due to the holiday season coming about. Also, when about are you wanting to do the Character Swap? Best if it would be after April.

Parks/Icons ~ 2" words & 4" letters
and
Pass it Forward Swap

I do want to do both of these. I am thinking early Feb. for the Parks/Icons one. How long do you generally recommend for a due date? I'm flexible though...if you want me to go elsewhere on the calendar.

Pass It Forward...Since we just had one recently I think it's better to put this at the end of the year so people have a chance to collect new items for their stash. Maybe August or the fall sometime?

I have you hosting both of these.
I need to know the dates of the Park/Icon swap soon since it is scheduled for Feb. I would recommend a 6 week turn around.. I'd have the due date in April. Pass It Forward you can get to me later when you know how 2011 is going!

Nancy, you mentioned this in the part where you discussed the mega swaps:
MK Character altered letter swap

I'd be interested in hostessing this if you want one on the calendar.

Let's hold off on this one but keep it on the burner and she how the character swap goes and then determine if we can get enough interest in the park specific charaters. I know the characters are endless so it may be that we have to start dividing them up by park...

I was thinking the same...so Nancy would middle of April or early May work for this? or could do later too.

I have it on the calendar... just need you to give me dates that work best for you!

Ok, all hostesses that have requested dates so far, please check everything.. if it has you for a specific month then those are dates you spoke of and just need firm dates... (firm dates are especially needed for Jan/Feb/Mar 2011)...

:thanks:

I think I will have the MK signups on 1/10, with a due date to me of of 3/31(Mail by 3/25). Do you think thats enough time?

Also, for the character swap, I think I'd like signups 5/10 and a date due to me of 7/29 (Mail by 7/22.)

With either one of these swaps I can keep an eye out during and if we need to extend the due date by a week or two....I'm flexible.

I have a swap request / suggestion...I'd love to see a Magic Kingdom page swap for the lands...I guess "The Magic Kingdom Land Page Swap"?? LOL Anyway, with the size of the MK swap, I figured it should be seperate? The pages with or without sketches? Anyway, I just thought it would be a good one. I know there was a MK page swap in the past...but I did not look at the thread, so I'm not really sure what it included. I would be willing to host this in between my other two...or someone else could do it. Either way is good for me. I just think it will be a useful one! (I know I have so many pictures from MK especially!!) It wouldn't really be a large swap either...just a few options. Anyway, just my thought!

Nan - I have another quick question...in the AK swap...

I know it is far away, but just wanted clarify now while I am thinking about it. Should I not have any altered letter / word groups for the rides / Tree of Life / "Animal Kingdom", etc., because we are having those swaps individually? Or will those groups still be included for those that did not get in on the smaller more specific swaps?

Nan - I have another quick question...in the AK swap...

I know it is far away, but just wanted clarify now while I am thinking about it. Should I not have any altered letter / word groups for the rides / Tree of Life / "Animal Kingdom", etc., because we are having those swaps individually? Or will those groups still be included for those that did not get in on the smaller more specific swaps?

I'll answer additional questions later..

Wanted to answer this quickly...
I would have only ONE group of Tree Of Life/Animal Kingdom...
but I would not get into all the rides etc in the AK swap..
AK characters I think would be okay...but that would depend on the real need for it.....but I would limit that to ONE group only....

As for the page swaps for the lands per park.. that is something we can consider later.... we'll add it to the list...

I'll answer additional questions later..

Wanted to answer this quickly...
I would have only ONE group of Tree Of Life/Animal Kingdom...
but I would not get into all the rides etc in the AK swap..
AK characters I think would be okay...but that would depend on the real need for it.....but I would limit that to ONE group only....

As for the page swaps for the lands per park.. that is something we can consider later.... we'll add it to the list...

Perfect!! That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to see where your head was!

My suggestion would be to see if their is interest in Land Swaps for this park here ( the AK Swap) and limit it to one or two groups 1 page LOs... (lands only)...

I'd do all the rest as elements...
then as we find their is more interest for things we can add them to the calendar....

Just my thoughts...no requirements to do any of the above except to not do ride words...

I was really just thinking about MK for the pages...not all the parks. (It is really just because I have so much for MK and I feel like you can get pictures to make up generic "land" pages.) Are you thinking for all parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter