2011 Itineraries Announcement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trio are studying Ancient Greece in Social Studies right now. Might be a good "field trip" just to re-enforce their education...

No Sarah - You are inthe right area. In 2011, the Dream will be sailing Europe (because it's already there) before home porting in CC. The Wonder will be in LA and the Magic will be in the Caribbean. There are numerous itineraries that could be put together in that area (from The Dalmation Coast)..... Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Iraklion (Heraklion), Crete; Venice, Italy. This is just my speculation.

Ah now that makes more sense! I was looking too hard at the Wonder lol. Forgot about Dreams maiden voyage.

I think most people are assuming it is taking over the wonder itinerary since the Wonder is the ship that is moving to the west coast. I know that Disney drums to its own beat but with other cruise lines they usually move their older ships to the shorter routes and move the new ships to the longer sailings. Usually for 2 reasons, one because new ships warrant a higher $ and Disney cruises on the Wonder are already higher prices any higher and they won't have many people sailing. I mean some of the 5nt sailings for 2010 are over $7000 for 4 people. Even the 4nt sailings are higher priced then this year.

The second - With the new ships having more to do on them I can't see them sailing on a 3nt there wouldn't be enough time for anything

I still go with it doing the 3 & 4 nights as you get twice as much revenue off shorter cruises than on the longer ones (2 lots of photos, shopping, rooms for the same as 7 night). Just what I think anyway.

Even if they offer the Hawaii sailings I can only see them being offered on select sailings. I don't think they can fill up 20 sailings of 15nts each for example. They may offer a few but I can't see them doing them over and over every two weeks for say 1/2 the year or even 1/4 of the year.

The round trip sailings would be 14-15nts long and even though I love longer sailings I can't see the ship being filled each and everyone of them. They may do where people can do one way sailings disembarking or embarking in Hawaii but then again you have to have enough interest with people having 4 days at sea in a row.

I still think Disney might do 7 night one ways to Hawaii rather than the 15night round trips,

My trio are studying Ancient Greece in Social Studies right now. Might be a good "field trip" just to re-enforce their education...

Yeah- go with th educational thing- it will enhance their studies. LOL That would be an awesome cruise!!

I'm hoping for some exciting news but I think folks have to remember that the Bahamas cruises are the money maker and the curise that marries up with the land and sea package. I also can't see them the pulling the Magic out of the Caribbean 2 summers in a row. My bet is on the new destination(s) being something on the west coast, with one ship maintaing the Bahamas and the Magic doing somehting in the Caribbbean. In 2012 I think there'll be some exciting stuff with 4 ships total. Just my 2 cents for the morning here.

Well my heart is desperate for Monstro to be right as we have always fancied cruising a more Eastern European cruise - Croatia, Venice, Greece etc...

I had my heart set on 2010 Baltic but the prices were so high they were out of reach as we were saving for the cruise we just had (the Tortola that wasn't sailing)

We are currently thinking of the Dover to Barcelona cruise next year as we would only need flights one way and we haven't visited the ports of call but if there were 2011 European cruises we would save longer and miss next year to sail that itinerary.

My head however says that Andrews track record is hard to ignore so he is probably right with his suggestions for 2011 new itinerary off the west coast and the Magic in Europe 2012.

Can't wait til Friday, my holiday (vacation) plans for the next few years will become a whole lot clearer!

Mel
x

I'm hoping for some exciting news but I think folks have to remember that the Bahamas cruises are the money maker and the curise that marries up with the land and sea package. I also can't see them the pulling the Magic out of the Caribbean 2 summers in a row. My bet is on the new destination(s) being something on the west coast, with one ship maintaing the Bahamas and the Magic doing somehting in the Caribbbean. In 2012 I think there'll be some exciting stuff with 4 ships total. Just my 2 cents for the morning here.

Disney isn't offering the land/sea packages for 2010 any longer. You can add on a few days at the hotel with or without park tickets. Dining plan can no longer be added but it isn't a land/sea any longer. Don't know if it will be back in 2011.

I still think Disney might do 7 night one ways to Hawaii rather than the 15night round trips,

Carnival has 12 day criuses that leave Sunday @ 9 PM and arrive in Hilo, HI on Saturday @ 8 AM. The ship visits 5 Hawaiian ports over the next 7 days, but the first 5 are sea days so doing a 7 night one way isn't really feasible. That is why you read people posting that a one way is normally at least a 12 day cruise.

My bet is on the new destination(s) being something on the west coast, with one ship maintaing the Bahamas and the Magic doing somehting in the Caribbbean.

I thought it was a given that the new destination is for the west coast. I mean, why would they bring the ship out here just to keep sailing it to the Bahamas? LOL.

Two Days To Go!!! :thumbsup2

twodays.jpg

Thanks Andy. I figured it was something like that

I am going for more coffee! :thumbsup2

I keep checking back every so often to see if a new video has been installed. It's one advantage I have of being home Jeff!!! ;)

Disney isn't offering the land/sea packages for 2010 any longer. You can add on a few days at the hotel with or without park tickets. Dining plan can no longer be added but it isn't a land/sea any longer. Don't know if it will be back in 2011.

Wow....this is the first I am reading about no more land/sea for 2010. Is this official? Speculation was that they just did not release the dates yet for 2010...that were just waiting for the announcement this week. May I ask where you heard this info...thanks.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter