2011 Itineraries Announcement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see more hints like we got for the first med cruise.....now that was fun!

I would like to see more hints like we got for the first med cruise.....now that was fun!

Hi denise... They can't give anymore hints because I already solved it and more hints would just confirm it.... lol...:):):)

I hope they put that next video up soon.

Jeff

1 Day 13 Hours 30 Minutes...to go! Still hoping for a good date for the Panama Canal repo cruise.

Hey. Does anyone know if they will rebroadcast the announcement or have it for us to be able to watch again if we can't get to it live?

We just had to schedule someone to come over and observe my son for autism/social and speech issues and that's the date and time.

I'm CERTIAN I'll return to my laptop with a flurry of posts from THIS thread tho. :happytv::rotfl: I'd just like to see it first hand.

Hey. Does anyone know if they will rebroadcast the announcement or have it for us to be able to watch again if we can't get to it live?

We just had to schedule someone to come over and observe my son for autism/social and speech issues and that's the date and time.

I'm CERTIAN I'll return to my laptop with a flurry of posts from THIS thread tho. :happytv::rotfl: I'd just like to see it first hand.

Im sure they will or youtube will have it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyCruiseLineNews#play/uploads/0/F-Uk-9DfX_c

We've promised the DGKs a cruise during Spring Break 2011. Hmmmm....was thinking Caribbean, but now.....who knows? Maybe, the new destination will be more attractive?

The last broadcast was available on the website for awhile after. www.disneycruise.com/2011 should get you there.

Unless there are some sudden changes it has been confirmed the DREAM is taking over the Wonder 3/4 night trips.

I asked on another thread about this. This is being quoted as if it is already carved in stone. I don't understand where this is coming from. Was this really already announced? or is it speculation like everything else?

I know I can wait until Friday and then we'll know for sure. But just because it is the Wonder that has been announced to be moving to California doesn't automatically make it that the new ship will slip into the Wonder's old role. Makes more sense to me that the Magic will go back to 3/4 night cruises if they are going to continue them and the Dream will take up the "flagship" role and sail the 7 day and specialty cruises.

Carnival has 12 day criuses that leave Sunday @ 9 PM and arrive in Hilo, HI on Saturday @ 8 AM. The ship visits 5 Hawaiian ports over the next 7 days, but the first 5 are sea days so doing a 7 night one way isn't really feasible. That is why you read people posting that a one way is normally at least a 12 day cruise.

Thanks for this. I knew they did 12 day cruises but as others have said and you point out they could do a 7 night to Hawaii and just have 2 stops. It is possible just not probable.

Good luck with the assessment being completed with your son. Autism can be difficult to nail down as it presents in such a large number of ways. Just know that there is help and a number of treatment method which have been found to be helpful.

I think it makes perfect sense that the Dream will take on the 3/4 day cruises. I think the shorter cruises are where the money is. They are more affordable, match up good to include a trip to WDW (sea and land), and seem a better fit for families and kids. Have you ever noticed that even though they have the Magic all over the place they still always have the 3/4 day cruises with the Wonder. (I know except for those new 5 day cruises they were trying out) They also want to give everyone a small taste of cruising on the new ship so that when the Fantasy comes out a year later they can really start reeling the people in for the longer cruises.

I think it makes perfect sense that the Dream will take on the 3/4 day cruises. I think the shorter cruises are where the money is. They are more affordable, match up good to include a trip to WDW (sea and land), and seem a better fit for families and kids. Have you ever noticed that even though they have the Magic all over the place they still always have the 3/4 day cruises with the Wonder. (I know except for those new 5 day cruises they were trying out) They also want to give everyone a small taste of cruising on the new ship so that when the Fantasy comes out a year later they can really start reeling the people in for the longer cruises.

I'm with you on this one. On a 4 day and 3 day you can get twice as much money as people tend to buy the same amount of souvenirs as you would on a 7 night but twice i.e. one lot do on the 4 night and one lot do on the 3 night.

Oh my goodness, the suspense is killing me. I am waiting to plan my next couple of years vacations and a lot depends on what DCL do in 2011. I hate to wish my life away but I wish the next 26 and a half hours would pass!

Mel
x

I'm with you on this one. On a 4 day and 3 day you can get twice as much money as people tend to buy the same amount of souvenirs as you would on a 7 night but twice i.e. one lot do on the 4 night and one lot do on the 3 night.

Yea we just came back from a 4 night and dropped $1900 on the ship! :faint:

We don't even know how it happened! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter