2011 Itineraries Announcement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know that Princess and Holland Lines have increased their Hawaii sailings in 2010 - 2011. So in the cruise industry, Hawaii must be showing up as a increase in demand for bookings.

We shall see if Disney plans to tap into that Hawaii demand also. I sure hope so, so I don't have to travel across the US to get to a Disney Cruise :thumbsup2

Aloha,
Jen

My Ta said that at a conference she attended last year they were talking about the future of DCL and Hawaii was not one of the locations that was on the list but we know that with Disney anything can change. Northern Europe was one of the locations and that was announced for 2010. Alaska was on the list

Yes and that was true, a year is a very long time, in 2008 everyone was aware that DCL was going for Alaska, they approached for a glacier bay permit, then spectacularly withdrew that application saying it didn't fit with their itinerary plans.

Now as i have posted you cannot rule Alaska out we know they wanted to go there, they applied, it was for permission to sail for ten years to glacier bay.

Now the Wonders move to the West coast was planned many years back, and isn't a co incidence that facilitates a route to Alaska.

But if we take them at their word to the press, it doest fit with their plans, well where does, what is the next destination you can sail to from LA.

On Northern Europe I had been posting since 2007, that they would sail there, and right up to September 2008, people said I was very wrong, and it would be Alaska.

A return to Europe after 2010 is coming, but I expect that to be 2012 and the Magic.

Yes and that was true, a year is a very long time, in 2008 everyone was aware that DCL was going for Alaska, they approached for a glacier bay permit, then spectacularly withdrew that application saying it didn't fit with their itinerary plans.

Yes but as someone else says just because they withdrew from Glacier Bay doesn't mean they aren't going to Alaska. It just means they aren't going to Glacier Bay. If I remember correctly didn't they have to get a permit for an extended period of time? Maybe having to apply for a lot of years at a time wasn't in their plans and they scrapped the idea of the permit for that area.

Wherever the Wonder ends up going I hope all of you that want to sail on her have a wonderful time.
We are not going to sail on disney for a while after our next cruise. My children are now teenagers and they aren't as interested in sailing on Disney the last time they were kind of bored as the ship really doesn't have much going on for the teens and to be honest doing the same things over and over again is getting old. The parks are different. We are waiting to see what the new ship will offer and the itinerary it will have. We aren't interested in shorter cruises on the new ship if that is indeed what it will offer.

We are goign to go with other cruise lines for a while that offer more activities for the older children. When the kids were little Disney cruise was the way to go with us but now we are going with other options.

The thread is fun to follow though :)

Yes but as someone else says just because they withdrew from Glacier Bay doesn't mean they aren't going to Alaska. It just means they aren't going to Glacier Bay. If I remember correctly didn't they have to get a permit for an extended period of time? Maybe having to apply for a lot of years at a time wasn't in their plans and they scrapped the idea of the permit for that area

Yes, I know that, I have been posting that over and over in this (and many other) thread(s).

The applcation was for ten years, but another cruise line could- if they were very kind, sub lease that to DCL. So is down to Princess then!

Yes, I know that, I have been posting that over and over in this (and many other) thread(s).

The applcation was for ten years, but another cruise line could- if they were very kind, sub lease that to DCL. So is down to Princess then!

I must have misunderstood your posts then what I read was that Alaska may not be an option because of their withdrawal of Glacier Bay. Which I say not necessarily.

I don't know what you mean about
So is down to Princess then
NCL was also awarded passage into Glacier Bay. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruise Alaska but not go to Glacier Bay.

I must have misunderstood your posts then what I read was that Alaska may not be an option because of their withdrawal of Glacier Bay. Which I say not necessarily.

I don't know what you mean about NCL was also awarded passage into Glacier Bay. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruise Alaska but not go to Glacier Bay.

I have posted a number of times that Alaska is not dead and buried, and also whilst rumors persist about Hawaii, Alaska is the second choice to that, when DCL withdrew from Glacier bay last year, I posted many times they still could go to Alaska without it.

Princess won the contracts for Glacier bay, (well most), Princess could have the power for say a year to sub lease their rights to DCL, to allow them to use it. Unlikely as DCL is a competitor but in theory possible.

Princess, Holland America and Carnival are all under the same corporation and I am sure their slots will be used by the corporation before they offer them to a competitor

Estimated time until DCL announcement 2 Days and 19 Hours!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

On another thread I read about Castaway Club getting first option on inagural. Is this correct? Won't the Dream be taking over for the Wonder on the 3/4 night cruises? Any ideas?

I took the other thread to mean that some levels of the new CC program will have the chance to book the Dream before general public....but I did not think it meant the the maiden voyage of the Dream, though. I was thinking in terms of regular sailings of the Dream but who knows!! It could include the MV of the Dream as well.

Or...maybe the MV of the Dream won't be in Florida...maybe the MV of the Dream will be in Europe, possibly on the Dalmation Coast as Monstro has speculated. Can't wait until Friday!!!

MJ

Hawaii sounds real nice but it might be one way trips example say 10 nights LA to hawaii ,than 11 nights back. that way people will book their hotel when they get off there cruise ,or before they start there cruise. i have nothing to back this up, we just all know how disney thinks.

Andrew, what is your affiliation with DCL? Are you a TA? Just curious, since you seem to spend a lot of time pondering the ins and outs...

I just watched the new video and it said a new destination meaning one.
Since the Dalmation Coast is part of Europe I don't think that would be considered a new destination it would be a new port of call

I look at it this way... 2007 Mediterranean Sea - a destination with a number of ports of call. 2010 Baltic Sea – a destination with a number ports of call. Adriatic Sea - a new destination.

One new destination, a number of ports of call.

Jeff

We are looking at Alaska via NCL for 2011. If DCL were to announce going there - that may change our minds. :) If we could afford it, as I imagine DCL would be much higher $.

LOL - I like that my office is closed on Friday. . . .works out nicely for me to wait and see what it all comes down to.

No Sarah - You are inthe right area. In 2011, the Dream will be sailing Europe (because it's already there) before home porting in CC. The Wonder will be in LA and the Magic will be in the Caribbean. There are numerous itineraries that could be put together in that area (from The Dalmation Coast)..... Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Iraklion (Heraklion), Crete; Venice, Italy. This is just my speculation.

Ok Jeff....I like this one. Always wanted to go to the Dalmatian Coast. My favorite dog....used to raise them....
So I vote for this! Oh and since we speak Greek and there are lots of possible Greek Islands to go to....who wants to join us????? :confused3

We go to Ko Olina this Sat....I will keep my ear to the ground...oh I mean sand...and listen for any info.
Love Ko Olina, there is an area that a ship could pull into with some work....
I will let you know what I find out....

I just received the email from Disney about the new destinations. I must be low on their list if you all received it before. I noticed the dalmatian in the foreground. I think they may be going to the Dalmatian coast and visiting Dubrovnik, Corfu, Greece and the Greek Islands and maybe some of Italy and Turkey. That is a pretty popular cruise. One of the other videos on the site was from Princess advertising their Princess cruises to Alaska. I doubt that Disney is going to Alaska if they are allowing Princess to advertise their Alaska cruises on their site.

It would be nice to have a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands (Hawaii, Maui, Kauai) beginning and ending on Oahu so you could spend time at their new resort post or pre cruise. It would be like going to Disney World or Disneyland and then taking a cruise.

Being from New York I would love to have the ship cruise out of NYC. That would make the price a lot better for me if I didn't have to pay the big airline prices to get to Orlando or LA.

Those are just my guesses, we'll all find out on 9/11!

Ok Jeff....I like this one. Always wanted to go to the Dalmatian Coast. My favorite dog....used to raise them....
So I vote for this! Oh and since we speak Greek and there are lots of possible Greek Islands to go to....who wants to join us????? :confused3

Count us in. My oldest daughter is dating a guy who's mother is Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter