2011 IC Faxed Requests

Early April of 2009. I can't recall the exact date but my confirmation card from IC is postmarked 4/14/2009. So probably about a week or two before that.

Edit: Exact date was April 7, 2009. Found my FAX.

Wow! I have a reservation number, cabin number, and I'm booked, but I don't see pricing. It may be because I always use the same travel agency. Where exactly are most of you seeing the pricing? I'm super curious for what the price will be.

Thanks!

Wow! I have a reservation number, cabin number, and I'm booked, but I don't see pricing. It may be because I always use the same travel agency. Where exactly are most of you seeing the pricing? I'm super curious for what the price will be.

Thanks!

If you are booked through a TA, then you won't see your pricing online. Congratulations on your reservation.

Please let us know what you booked and the price, when you find out.

Thanks!!

I've been looking at the Princess website. We can do a 14 nt cruise-tour (7nts land followed by 7 nt cruise) in a suite for $10,900 total. Of course we'll have out of pocket expenses for the tours and shore excursions. But DCL's price doesn't include that either. Plus Princess suites come with free internet, thermal suite access, and dry cleaning in addition to the DVD library and daily treats!

Since DCL isn't giving us any firm data, I've told my TA to go ahead and move our WB TA sailing to a Alaska sailing. I've already got $1200 in deposits on that sailing, so at least I'm not out any additional money. But the reality is I'll probably move the Alaska date to a cruise on one of the new ships and do Alaska with Princess.

We've done the Baltics and Panama Canal with Princess and they are awesome!

Have you ever done a cat 3 before with DCL for another 7 day cruise? How did the prices compare?

7 day Caribbean Cat 3s are usually around 5700-6900 when I've booked. I usually travel during less peak times, and try to book as far out as possible.

They offered me a Cat 3 on a 12 nt Baltic for I think around $12K.

Inventory Control. Supposedly only for suites. You put in a faxed request or a request while onboard a ship to be put on a waitlist for a room before that time period is released.

They stopped taking waitlists on August 3 for 2011, because they needed to deal with the waitlist before the itineraries were released in September.

As for IC only taking suites they accommodate non suites also.. I have used them 2 times for just CAT 6's and have gotten them every time. I sent them a FAX last year on the new ships and wanting to be on one but they sent me a letter telling me that because the new ships were not built yet that they could not hold it. Bummer.

I called for the number and was told they are not doing it for the Alaska cruise but should have known better than to stop at what one person tells me...:rotfl2:

I will FAX in another request anyway and see if they can do it. All I can get is a no and it wont hurt right!

Can anyone give me the correct fax # if the one I have is no longer correct? I have a supervisor's number so if no on has it I can get it from her.

Happy sailings to all!pirate:

Based on the early reservations people have through IC, does anyone have an easy way of estimating how much a category 6 (new category 5b) would be on a 7-day Alaska? I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks!

Have you ever done a cat 3 before with DCL for another 7 day cruise? How did the prices compare?

Our original booking for the 11/14/09 Western Double Dip was $9,833 in a Cat 3 w/2 adults, 2 kids.

Well, FWIW I just checked my CC account - I am a lowly silver I think - only 2 cruises.

My 4 day from July 2008 shows as the PC repo - but with my July 08 stateroom number and no pricing info.

Hoping this means IC has me waitlisted. We requested a Cat 6 for 4 ppl - 2 adults and 2 kids - 11 and 4 - at time of sailing.

Heres to keeping my fingers crossed!!

7 day Caribbean Cat 3s are usually around 5700-6900 when I've booked. I usually travel during less peak times, and try to book as far out as possible.

They offered me a Cat 3 on a 12 nt Baltic for I think around $12K.

Were those Caribbean prices total, or per person? I have no recollection of what we paid for our Cat 3 in 6/04, but we were offered on on the 7 night Western in 4/08 and the total for 4 people (ages of kids in sig below) was a little over $10K. We were paying roughly $6K for our cat 4 so we stuck with that.

We also priced out a Cat 3 for 12/2010 and for 4 people it's $10K again.

On the 5 night Magic last September (the filler between the panama repo and drydock) we paid just about $6K for 5 people in a Cat 2. We did book that 19 months out and it as hurricane season (we got to go right through one in an attempt to get to Castaway Cay), and pretty much all schools were back in session or starting that week. So it was a pretty undesirable time to sail so I am sure that kept the price really low.

We're on the 7/6 Baltic in a Cat 3 and for 4 people we're paying $18K. We haven't added our baby in yet, but I imagine it will be just about $20K after we do.

So I guess I am not shocked by $14K for a Cat 3 for Alaska, but given that we're only paying $4K more for an additional night and in the Baltic where there are only 4 sailings, not the whole summer, it seems a little higher than I would have liked.

Oh, one last thing, I don't pay attention to when they say they stop taking faxed requests cause we faxed in our request last September for summer 2010 and everyone said they had already stopped accepting them. Well my husband sent it anyway, which I didn't know, and lo and behold we got a call for our midship Cat 3 on the Baltic cruise. So I think it's still worth a shot to send it in. You may not get anything, but who knows, you might. I remember last year some people said they had faxed in a request a year or 2 before we did and they never got a call, yet our request had been sent in maybe 2 weeks earlier and we did get a call.

That sounds like a great deal - I got quoted that kind of cost for a Cat. 5 for the Baltic cruises. :eek:

Their Baltic prices are VERY unreasonable. We did a 10 nt Baltic on the Crown Princess in a Minisuite for $5200 total for 2 people. It included overnights in Copenhagen and St Petersburg.

Their Baltic prices are VERY unreasonable. We did a 10 nt Baltic on the Crown Princess in a Minisuite for $5200 total for 2 people. It included overnights in Copenhagen and St Petersburg.

Are you saying DCL's Baltic prices are reasonable? We're paying the above mentioned $18K for our Cat 3 on the Baltic, and my mom in a Cat 4 is paying $12K. I'm willing to give you reasonable on the Cat 3, cause our friends in their Cat 4 are paying $16K for 4 people, so only $2K more for us and we booked the same time. But the Cat 4 prices seem hardly reasonable to me. Of course, we're still paying it....

Are you saying DCL's Baltic prices are reasonable? We're paying the above mentioned $18K for our Cat 3 on the Baltic, and my mom in a Cat 4 is paying $12K. I'm willing to give you reasonable on the Cat 3, cause our friends in their Cat 4 are paying $16K for 4 people, so only $2K more for us and we booked the same time. But the Cat 4 prices seem hardly reasonable to me. Of course, we're still paying it....

No - she is saying DCL's Baltic prices are UNreasonable, compared to Princess - and I agree.

No - she is saying DCL's Baltic prices are UNreasonable, compared to Princess - and I agree.

Exactly. The funny thing is that the Cat 3 they offered me for the Baltics WAS actually more reasonable for the deluxe category than the $8,000 cost of the Cat 11! :confused3

I had a 7 night carribean March 2011 show on my future cruise section within the CC section on Sept 11. Its gone today??? Anybody else?

Thanks for the heads up. I have just checked my CC members page and, rather bizarrely, have 2 Cat 4 reservations showing for the Jan 2011 WB PC cruise - I only requested one. Sadly, since the dates are totally unsuitable, I cannot use either booking. FYI the Cat 4 is $11766.54 for two passengers...

QUOTE from justhat:
We're on the 7/6 Baltic in a Cat 3 and for 4 people we're paying $18K. We haven't added our baby in yet, but I imagine it will be just about $20K after we do.

Off topic, but you should call and add your baby now. Just list him or her as baby last name. We were in the same situation as you on the med cruise. My son was 6 months at sailing. When I called to add the baby, they had to check if there was space. There are three things to consider

1 They limit the number of infants on any particular sailing - I don't think it will be a problem in the Baltic. There were only 30 children registered at Flounders on our 11 night med cruise

2 There is a maximum number of passengers per lifeboat station, so even if there is space in your room, there may not allow you to add an extra person

3 If you booked airfare through disney, they may not have any seats left - you could do a lap child for 9 hours, but you still pay a fare (10 or 20% of adult fare

I wouldn't wait. We were sailing with 19 relatives - I don't know what I would have done if they said we couldn't add him. I think I waited until final payment

FYI The baby was a breeze in Europe - great age to travel with. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter