2011 IC Faxed Requests

We are Gold.

Like you, my DH didn't think the price was too bad. He figured that the per diem rate pp for our family of 5 was around $250 pp per day. He pointed out that for that rate you get room ( a very nice room), all meals, entertainment and child care. Of course, I had to point out we could get all that at half the price on another line. LOL

Now, I'm really anxious to see the Alaska prices on Monday. We would love to get the same Midship Cat. T.

Thanks! Looks like they may be handling gold/plat peeps first.

I am curious to see what price comes back for me as silver/later booking.

Not that the PC is in our cards anymore. Would've jumped on it if it were March, but January 6 is so early.

Again, really appreciate you posting the info. Thanks again. :)

I got all excited there for a moment, but alas no booking. But like many others, one of my prior cruises keeps showing as a 15 day westbound panama canal cruise, so perhaps that is the placeholder for my IC request. We didn't request a suite, so I imagine the IC folks are working through the suites and tiers first. But good to know they are looking at them. I was wondering what happened to those requests!

Though on the surface the $19k seems awfully high for an old Cat 3, it doesn't seem that out of line. For 7 days for 3 people and an infant we'd previously priced out Cat 3 at about $8000. With this cruise being 2x as long (plus a day) plus the 5th person you have, the prices seem just about in line.

Alas, the suite is out of our price range, but hopefully there's still a verandah out there with our name and price tag on it!

Thanks for posting this! I just checked on line and there is an Alaska reservation for us in a midship category 3 on June 7. Unfortunately, DH is a teacher and is still in school so I will have to move it. Wonder if they can do that before Monday. My guess is they posted them after IC was closed for the day so no one could call until bookings opened Monday.

The cost for the seven days is as follows:
Adult 1 Cruise Fare: $5,179.00
Adult 2 Cruise Fare: $5,179.00
Adult 3 Cruise Fare: $1,729.00
Adult 4 Cruise Fare: $1,729.00
Vacation Insurance: $336.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise): $382.52
---------------------------
Total: $14,534.52

A lot more expensive than I thought, may need to consider a different category or another line.

DCL CM told me a day ago that they were doing waitlists for gold and platinum levels. We are gold.

It's cool that you can see that. I faxed a letter to IC for a secret veranda on a non-special cruise. But their reply didn't have a reservation number so I can't find anything on the website.

They are only booking the special cruises now, so I am not surprised you haven't seen anything if you requested a non-special cruise.

Thanks for posting this! I just checked on line and there is an Alaska reservation for us in a midship category 3 on June 7. Unfortunately, DH is a teacher and is still in school so I will have to move it. Wonder if they can do that before Monday. My guess is they posted them after IC was closed for the day so no one could call until bookings opened Monday.

A lot more expensive than I thought, may need to consider a different category or another line.

DCL CM told me a day ago that they were doing waitlists for gold and platinum levels. We are gold.

$14K.....Ouch !!!

Thanks for posting this! I just checked on line and there is an Alaska reservation for us in a midship category 3 on June 7. <snip> Total: $14,534.52

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2 Hopefully there will still be a Cat. 5 or 6 available for us on one of the Alaska cruises when booking opens on the 28th. Fingers crossed! :upsidedow

Who is IC and how can we have been put on this waitlist?

Who is IC and how can we have been put on this waitlist?

Inventory Control. Supposedly only for suites. You put in a faxed request or a request while onboard a ship to be put on a waitlist for a room before that time period is released.

They stopped taking waitlists on August 3 for 2011, because they needed to deal with the waitlist before the itineraries were released in September.

Thank you for posting! I knew there had to be other folks with IC bookings. Did you recieve a phone call or any other contact from IC. No call for us, just that confirmation post card after faxing in our request and the booked cruise showing up under the Upcoming Cruises section of DCL CC account. :confused: In past years, we have always received a call.

Wow! $14.5K for 7 night Alaska. That $19K for the Wonder PC Repo is starting to look a bit better. ;) I wish the dates of the Repo worked for us but there is just no way my girls can miss that much school, especially with my eldest being in her freshman year of HS at that time. :sad2:

Thank you for posting! I knew there had to be other folks with IC bookings. Did you recieve a phone call or any other contact from IC. No call for us, just that confirmation post card after faxing in our request and the booked cruise showing up under the Upcoming Cruises section of DCL CC account. :confused: In past years, we have always received a call.

Wow! $14.5K for 7 night Alaska. That $19K for the Wonder PC Repo is starting to look a bit better. ;) I wish the dates of the Repo worked for us but there is just no way my girls can miss that much school, especially with my eldest being in her freshman year of HS at that time. :sad2:

No call, we didn't even get a postcard to let us know we made it on the list. We put the request in on the Magic right about the time they cut off the waitlist and she didn't know if they would accept it. If it were for the OP, I still wouldn't know.

I anticpate the airfare and shore excursions and international traveling items (passport, etc.) may make it more expensive overall as well.

I was quoted on my CC page a price of $6081.68 in a cat 05C room #6046 1 adult $6,081.68. If this is truly just for one person, they can forget it!

I was quoted on my CC page a price of $6081.68 in a cat 05C room #6046 1 adult $6,081.68. If this is truly just for one person, they can forget it!

What cruise is this for? Are you traveling as a single?

This was for the PC and I'm traveling with my DH. I also requested another connecting room at the time I made the request but that info isn't showing up.

This was for the PC and I'm traveling with my DH. I also requested another connecting room at the time I made the request but that info isn't showing up.

Maybe the second cabin is booked under your DH's account. If so, the price you were quoted may include the Single supplement (175%, I believe). At least you are already booked and can probably call monday and get it all straighted out.

I faxed my request in around Sept. 7th though I can't remember exactly. I am pretty sure that I am on the list - as it is listed in my past cruise section like other silvers on here. So while they may have said they stopped the wait list on Aug. 3rd I would tend to think otherwise.

So anyone that has received a response/quote/info on their CC account, do you remember when you faxed in your request? I was just curious about where they were at or if there was any rhyme/reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter