2011 IC Faxed Requests

[QUOTE="Got Disney";33639103]As for IC only taking suites they accommodate non suites also.. I have used them 2 times for just CAT 6's and have gotten them every time. I sent them a FAX last year on the new ships and wanting to be on one but they sent me a letter telling me that because the new ships were not built yet that they could not hold it. Bummer.:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this... You answered my question about whether they would take requests for non-suites on the Dream. I guess it would be pretty impossible to request a certain stateroom anyway without a peak at the deck plans for the new ships...

Thanks for the heads up. I have just checked my CC members page and, rather bizarrely, have 2 Cat 4 reservations showing for the Jan 2011 WB PC cruise - I only requested one. Sadly, since the dates are totally unsuitable, I cannot use either booking. FYI the Cat 4 is $11766.54 for two passengers...

Ouch. That is not good since a previous poster said it would be around $12.4K + taxes/port fees for a Cat 3 for 2 adults.

Perhaps the tier pricing is already affecting prices?

Also, prior to 1/31/07 DCL's IC took requests for all staterooms. It was after that booking nightmare of the 2008 PC repos that they stopped and only took suites with deposits for requests. Sometime this past year they have started taking non-suite requests...possibly due to the economy and drop in bookings which have resulted in more deals in 2009 than ever before.

QUOTE from justhat:
We're on the 7/6 Baltic in a Cat 3 and for 4 people we're paying $18K. We haven't added our baby in yet, but I imagine it will be just about $20K after we do.

Off topic, but you should call and add your baby now. Just list him or her as baby last name. We were in the same situation as you on the med cruise. My son was 6 months at sailing. When I called to add the baby, they had to check if there was space. There are three things to consider

1 They limit the number of infants on any particular sailing - I don't think it will be a problem in the Baltic. There were only 30 children registered at Flounders on our 11 night med cruise

2 There is a maximum number of passengers per lifeboat station, so even if there is space in your room, there may not allow you to add an extra person

3 If you booked airfare through disney, they may not have any seats left - you could do a lap child for 9 hours, but you still pay a fare (10 or 20% of adult fare

I wouldn't wait. We were sailing with 19 relatives - I don't know what I would have done if they said we couldn't add him. I think I waited until final payment

FYI The baby was a breeze in Europe - great age to travel with. Have fun

I know, you're right, we had this problem in 6/04 with our daughter also. DCL wouldn't take the baby though till we had a name because they said it had to match the passport? That wasn't an issue in 2004 so I don't know if the CM was just mistaken or if it's a new policy.

We booked our own airfare with Virgin Atlantic and were SOOOOO annoyed we couldn't buy the baby a ticket yet! Again, we need a name that matches the passport exactly and we can only change up to 3 letters of the first name. We booked our seats with miles in August so we wanted to get the baby's seat with miles too, and be sure it is sitting next to us, but since we didn't even have a gender yet, no name. Now we know it's a girl, but haven't decided on a name yet so we're no better off than we were in August.

BTW, which Med sailing were you on? We were on the 7/18/07 10 night and my son was 11 months so maybe we saw you in Flounder's! And you're right, he was the easiest traveller. Much easier than my then 3.5yo.

Actually, come to think of it, we booked that cruise in, what, April 2006? My son wasn't born yet either. We did have his name set in stone though so maybe that's why it wasn't a problem? We also knew my daughter's name when we added her to our cruise, but the problem there is her due date was almost exactly 12 weeks before sail date so the CM who added her was so afraid she'd be late and not be able to sail that she almost wouldn't add her!

Perhaps the tier pricing is already affecting prices?

Also, prior to 1/31/07 DCL's IC took requests for all staterooms. It was after that booking nightmare of the 2008 PC repos that they stopped and only took suites with deposits for requests. Sometime this past year they have started taking non-suite requests...possibly due to the economy and drop in bookings which have resulted in more deals in 2009 than ever before.

When you say suites with deposits, you mean people put down a deposit with their request?

No - she is saying DCL's Baltic prices are UNreasonable, compared to Princess - and I agree.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong poster! I meant the one who said that sounded like a good deal. I never think DCL is a good deal, but that nursery for under 3s will keep us sailing exclusively with them till at least 2013!;)

OK so I have a query

Do we think that if your Castaway list is saying 15 night Panama then you do have a reservation through IC? My sister is only a Silver CC member but is showing as a 15 night Panama under her previous cruises as others have mentioned and wasn't sure if this was going to mean she has a room or not?
Anyone have any idea when she may be able to see the details online?

Their Baltic prices are VERY unreasonable. We did a 10 nt Baltic on the Crown Princess in a Minisuite for $5200 total for 2 people. It included overnights in Copenhagen and St Petersburg.

I agree about DCL's Baltic cruise pricing. :sad2: Once we saw the prices, we opted for the 14 night WBTA - extra nights onboard the Magic for half the cost! :cloud9:

Thanks for the info on Princess. If we do ever get around to doing a Baltic cruise, I'll definately check their prices out. :thumbsup2

Sorry, I quoted the wrong poster! I meant the one who said that sounded like a good deal. I never think DCL is a good deal, but that nursery for under 3s will keep us sailing exclusively with them till at least 2013!;)

:laughing: Now it makes more sense - you were meant to quote me! :cutie:

Although I don't think the Baltic cruise prices were a good deal, I did think the poster that was quoted $12K for a Cat 3 was an outstanding offer because we were quoted only slightly less for a Cat. 5! :scared1:

I agree about DCL's Baltic cruise pricing. :sad2: Once we saw the prices, we opted for the 14 night WBTA - extra nights onboard the Magic for half the cost! :cloud9:

Thanks for the info on Princess. If we do ever get around to doing a Baltic cruise, I'll definately check their prices out. :thumbsup2

:laughing: Now it makes more sense - you were meant to quote me! :cutie:

Although I don't think the Baltic cruise prices were a good deal, I did think the poster that was quoted $12K for a Cat 3 was an outstanding offer because we were quoted only slightly less for a Cat. 5! :scared1:

I noticed that as well, in that we are paying $18K for our Cat 3 on the 7/6 Baltic, but our friends are paying $16K for their Cat 4 on the same cruise! Not a huge discrepancy between the Cat 3 and 4 prices for some reason.

OK so I have a query

Do we think that if your Castaway list is saying 15 night Panama then you do have a reservation through IC? My sister is only a Silver CC member but is showing as a 15 night Panama under her previous cruises as others have mentioned and wasn't sure if this was going to mean she has a room or not?
Anyone have any idea when she may be able to see the details online?

That was our guess for awhile, but mine hasn't flashed over in awhile so who knows. Meanwhile, other silvers have posted getting their IC requested cruises, even folks who submitted their requests in June (I sent one in in April), but alas still nothing for real on my account. We shall see as we get closer to Monday I imagine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter