2011 dining plan: PRICES, BROCHURE AND RESTAURANT LIST DATED 12/10/10

Wow!!! December 30!!! I am glad we are not going until August.:goodvibes I would be so disappointed to make a reservation only to find it not on the dining plan. That happened to us last year at Goofys. We get there and all the stuff that had been part of the snack plan had been taken off as of Sunday. We were there on Tuesday. Talk about disappointing!

Snacks are very different from restaurants, most of the offerings regarding snacks are not official (there are very few eligible snacks actually listed in the brochures) and have changed quite a bit, and even change during the year like the Goofy's make your own did. Apparently the Goofy's make your own counter was being completely overwhelmed. Pre-made snacks are still eligible for snack credits at Goofy's, only the make your own was limited.

Only one restaurant accepting TS or CS credits has ever dropped DDP since its inception (Fulton's apparently was a participant in 2005 when the DDP started, but dropped participation in 2006.)

That is reassuring. And I just read that Fultons is back on. Not sure it that is true, did not see it for myself, but I read it on the boards. Maybe Fultons should be 2 credits instead of not on the plan at all. I wonder if any new restaurants will be added. I would love to see T-Rex but I doubt that will happen.

That is reassuring. And I just read that Fultons is back on. Not sure it that is true, did not see it for myself, but I read it on the boards. Maybe Fultons should be 2 credits instead of not on the plan at all. I wonder if any new restaurants will be added. I would love to see T-Rex but I doubt that will happen.

Fultons is definitely NOT back on the DDP. There was a thread here yesterday that someone misread that they were, but all the posts corrected them that they are not on the plan.

Tricia's correct: Fulton's isn't on DDP. They accept the premium and platinum package plans but not DDP.

Landry's doesn't participate in DDP at any of its restaurants except Yak & Yeti (which is inside a theme park) so I wouldn't hold my breath for T-Rex.

Any scoop on whether Rain Forest cafe is going to get on the plan?

There aren't even any rumors to that effect.

As of now, expect no changes, either additions or subtractions, from the 2010 list except for the announced changes: Le Cellier to 2 TS for dinner, and the addition of the new restaurants opening in 2010: Via Napoli and La Hacienda.

Hi and I very much apologize if this is OT but it is regarding the 2011 DDP!!
We are having a Vow Renewal at WDW in May and plan on having dinner afterwards at Citricos. 8 of my family will be on the DDP and we intend to use 2 TS credits for each of those 8 people to ease the cost a little. My questions are as follows:-
Would it be permitted that we pay for the remaining 8 guests (5 adults and three children) and use the credits for the 8 of us that have the plan?
Can we add appetizers to the dinners being paid for on the DDP (as I believe they are not included in the regular DDP) and just pay for them as extras?
Are there any menu restrictions for people using DDP at Citricos eg are there any items on the menu you cannot order when utilizing the DDP?
Thank you so much for your help!!

Would it be permitted that we pay for the remaining 8 guests (5 adults and three children) and use the credits for the 8 of us that have the plan?
Can we add appetizers to the dinners being paid for on the DDP (as I believe they are not included in the regular DDP) and just pay for them as extras?

Yes. Make sure your server knows right off who will be using the dining plan to pay and who will be paying cash, so the checks can be split.

Anything you purchase off-plan will also be billed separately.

Are there any menu restrictions for people using DDP at Citricos eg are there any items on the menu you cannot order when utilizing the DDP?

Not at this time.

We have never eaten at Yak and Yeti before.
Is this restaurant on the dining plan? We thought about trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip.

The list isn't complete until Dec. 31 of the previous year. The bottom of the very last page has a number on it... that will tell you how recent the list is.

The restaurants have until mid-December to finalize the contract for the following year. The list can and will change between now and then.

Thanks so much for this thread. When I printed the list of restaurants I was shocked there was only 1 restaurant at Downtown Disney on the dining plan. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe on the DDP last year and I wanted to eat there again next year. I hope they remain on the plan.

caroline

May 2010 Contemporary
May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Can we expect to see some of the ressies drop out at Le Cellier once the change takes place? I tried to book dinner for the first week of April as soon as I was able and it was already gone for every night.

Thoughts?

Thanks so much for this thread. When I printed the list of restaurants I was shocked there was only 1 restaurant at Downtown Disney on the dining plan. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe on the DDP last year and I wanted to eat there again next year. I hope they remain on the plan.

Me three!
I was getting a bit worried...I won't start to think about ADRs for a while now!

Can we expect to see some of the ressies drop out at Le Cellier once the change takes place? I tried to book dinner for the first week of April as soon as I was able and it was already gone for every night.

Thoughts?

Likely not, if it is still filling up early. It's a really small restaurant and apparently part of the change to signature dining at dinner is that it will seat fewer patrons. And not everyone is on the dining plan. More cash guests may be interested as a 2 credit restaurant is usually a better deal OOP than on the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter