2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOO HOO!!! What awesome news!!!

Teena, let me take this opportunity to thank you AGAIN for taking your time to come on here and help out so many of us. You rock! I can hardly wait to meet you - I will be at the BC over a Sunday and Monday (we arrive on a Tuesday) and I will haunt the lobby until I can say hello!

I'm hoping to meet her too - we are there for 2 weekends so hopefully we will get a chance!

I'm hoping to meet her too - we are there for 2 weekends so hopefully we will get a chance!

Just PM me a week before your arrival date and I can let you know for sure what my schedule will be and the hours. They are talking about changing my hours and days. It might be Saturday and Sunday instead of Sunday and Monday and ten hour days instead of eight hours.

It will be great to meet all of you!!

Down to 149 more days till Disney!!! :banana:

I can't wait to experience BC for the 1st time this trip...I paid off our package last week, so now I sit and wait....

Mousemommy, I'm so happy you RCed back to BC! I hope you love it as much as we do!! And BC in July is perfect - you can make full use of SAB!

Hi everyone... I just read in a book that you can view some of the firework shows from the beach of the Beach & Yacht Club. Can someone offer details on this? Such as, is there an area in particular that you would recommend? Are chairs available, does it get crowded? Also, what shows are best seen from this area? Thank you!

msdroz, I think Dee posted her photos of the Illuminations fireworks as seen from SAB on the front page. We've also enjoyed the fireworks from our room facing Epcot and from the bridge between BC and BWI. If those photos aren't on the first page, I'm happy to repost them! As for the YC/BC beach, there are chairs on the beach and I've never seen it crowded at all, but I haven't seen the fireworks from that spot.

We're there too - July 18-27!

Earlier this week, I priced out July 23-26 at BC just for fun - we'll have APs, so . . .

I booked!! :banana: :banana: :banana: As of right now we are booked for July 18-22!

:happiness:

Awesome! I added you to the list. Please remind me which resort.

Hi everyone... I just read in a book that you can view some of the firework shows from the beach of the Beach & Yacht Club. Can someone offer details on this? Such as, is there an area in particular that you would recommend? Are chairs available, does it get crowded? Also, what shows are best seen from this area? Thank you!

Here is the post from page 1 about the fireworks. I don't have any pictures of fireworks specifically from the beach, though.

Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

IlluminationsfromBoardwalkBridge-1.jpg
fireworksfrombeach-1.jpg
IMG_1936-1.jpg

I'm so excited, I just had to share. After calling Disney for what seems like weeks now, I was finally able to upgrade us to a deluxe CL room at the BC!!! Teena had suggested it to me many pages ago but they've all been booked until today!! On a side note, I was also able to get my rental car rate for 10 days down to $179 so overall it has been a very good day!! Only 13 more days to go!!

I added Deluxe to your listing.

Folks- I believe the Be Our Guest list is updated with all the info I have. Please check and let me know if I don't have you listed correctly.

I added links to each of the posts on the first page so that you don't have to scroll down. There are so many pictures that there were scrolling issuse, but if you click on the link it will bring you directly to that post.

I just read in a book that you can view some of the firework shows from the beach of the Beach & Yacht Club. Can someone offer details on this?

You can see the "high" fireworks from most places on the beach but it has been reported here on this thread that there are really great views from the bridge. I got to watch them from my YC room which was way down by the bicycle rental / boat dock. No music unless the wind is blowing just right.

Anyway, people who say nonsense like that are ignorant morons!!!! This woman is nasty in all areas. I think she needs a bit of magic!

There are people who make it their purpose in life to try to ruin other's fun. Make sure your co-worker gets a good dose of the best of Mickey before she leaves. My DW and a co-worker always give each other little gifts (like a collector pin or a Mickey smiley face) before the other leaves to go to the World, then the other usually brings something back from the trip for the other. It makes it fun for both. By the way, hope your DH has a great time at the golf lesson there. It's on my bucket list along with driving at the track.

Dee, PAGE 200!!!! Won't be long now before we are locked down again!

Thanks guys!!

ps- had my first disney nightmare lastnight, guess I'm officially obsessed. I had a dream that we forgot to bring our snacks and wine in my suitcase, and that we kept rushing around trying to make it to our adr's on time. I kept stressing out and I was telling myself in my dream to relax and enjoy it haha

had my first disney nightmare lastnight, that we kept rushing around trying to make it to our adr's on time. I kept stressing out and I was telling myself in my dream to relax and enjoy it

GOOD ADVICE!! One that I give to folks I know headed down there. Sounds like you'll do okay as long as you keep telling yourself that mantra.

Too much to do, not enough time to do it anyway, so enjoy what you can do and remember you can always come back for more

Mousemommy, I'm so happy you RCed back to BC! I hope you love it as much as we do!! And BC in July is perfect - you can make full use of SAB!

msdroz, I think Dee posted her photos of the Illuminations fireworks as seen from SAB on the front page. We've also enjoyed the fireworks from our room facing Epcot and from the bridge between BC and BWI. If those photos aren't on the first page, I'm happy to repost them! As for the YC/BC beach, there are chairs on the beach and I've never seen it crowded at all, but I haven't seen the fireworks from that spot.

Earlier this week, I priced out July 23-26 at BC just for fun - we'll have APs, so . . .

OMG - THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC AND ONE SUPER BC/YC MINI DIS MEET!!!!! Gotta love those APs!!!! Now you know you want to go . . . .

Mousemommy1 and Teena - I guess I'd better get cracking on setting up that Mini Dis Meet! It sure would be hard to top last years'!!!!

Oh sure...a Mini-Meet over my birthday (July 26) and I can't even be there. Have fun!!!

OMG - THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC AND ONE SUPER BC/YC MINI DIS MEET!!!!! Gotta love those APs!!!! Now you know you want to go . . . .

Mousemommy1 and Teena - I guess I'd better get cracking on setting up that Mini Dis Meet! It sure would be hard to top last years'!!!!

And you never know who might also be attending. Jeanne and Princess Lily said they are planning on visiting in the summer. Wouldn't that be super!!

Cant wait! I check into BCV on Thursday for Princess Half weekend! SAB calling my name!

Unfortunately 5 minutes after I booked the flight I got a call from school that my son was really upset. He is having a real crisis with self esteem and self confidence at the moment - he thinks he's stupid even though he tests gifted, and he thinks he has no friends even though he is like Norm from Cheers when he goes into his class. :sad1: So I had to pop over to school to speak to him and calm him down. He was doing a test in social studies and had to list some qualities that he thought were important in a friend and it made him upset. Poor kiddo. He feels everything so intensely. I told him I booked the flights and talked to him about what we will do when we get to the BC, and it helped to cheer him up.

Just wanted to send some hugs and tell you that I'm living this EVERY SINGLE DAY.
My 2nd grader (he turned 8 last weekend) has had a terrible year. He's always been a perfectionist. When he was a preschooler we used to joke around that he was an 80 year old neurotic little old Jewish man who worried about everything. Not so funny when he was put in a class with a teacher who yells. It's been bad enough that we've had to medicate him for anxiety and depression. And I get regular emails from the school about him having melt-downs. Even though he's an amazingly talented artist (his teacher says the best she's ever seen) and incredibly smart and popular, he thinks he's stupid and nobody likes him. It's heart-breaking! I'm glad that your school is being supportive (our school refuses to switch his class). I hope he feels better!!!

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!