2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed our dates are wrong on the Be Our Guest list... We are 4/19-4/22 (not 4/21) - BC GV CL

Less than 3 months now!! :banana: So excited!!

I'm not sure what those codes mean.

Do you have a request for full balcony on your resort reservation?

Your best bet for a balcony is to do the regular checkin at the resort instead of online. That way, you can ask whether you have a full balcony before your keys are cut. If the room assigned to you does not have a full balcony, you can ask if there is one available that does. You shouldn't really do this if you opt for the online checkin. That is designed for people who will take their keys and go.

I doubt at this time of year you will have much of a line at the checkin desk, so the online won't save you very much time anyway.

See page 1 (the FAQ section) for more info- there is a question about whether you should do the online checkin.

Thanks for the help! :)

I am getting so stinkin' excited about our trip that I can barely do anything but look at the threads and the tour books! So much for the laundry ....

We got wonderful news today that our DS, who was diagnosed with cancer 9/1/10, had all clear quarterly CT and PET scans so he is remaining cancer-free! So we can now go on our family trip and truly enjoy every single second!

Life is so very precious .....

That is fantastic news! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I am getting so stinkin' excited about our trip that I can barely do anything but look at the threads and the tour books! So much for the laundry ....

We got wonderful news today that our DS, who was diagnosed with cancer 9/1/10, had all clear quarterly CT and PET scans so he is remaining cancer-free! So we can now go on our family trip and truly enjoy every single second!

Thank you for sharing your happy news!!!! What a great way to get ready for your trip!

Amanda

From the parent of one survivor of childhood cancer to another, that is awesome news! I am so incredibly happy for you, and so glad that some anxiety has been lifted for you before your trip! Enjoy!

Each day is indeed so precious! The laundry can wait (can't it?). Enjoy thinking about your trip!

Both my ds and I are cancer survivors - getting a clear scan is the best news in the world. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Have a magical trip.

Such wonderful news! That last scan is always so nerve wracking... I'm happy to hear that all is clean! Life is indeed very special, and what a wonderful way to celebrate with a Disney trip!:goodvibes

Wonderful news!! Thank you for sharing.

Dee (and all other Patriots Fans) -

Even though we are (GASP) rooting for the Giants here's an interesting tidbit. Two of my ds played high school football. A boy who played with them on their team (a superstar at that time) is now playing for the Patriots.
His last name is Underwood and the boys said he was always really nice.

Small world huh?

On a BC/YC note - still haven't been able to book Cape May Buffet for July along with Narcoossee's and the FDP. I check every day. I've tried both online and calling Disney reservations. Looks like these restaurants (for some unknown reason) still haven't been loaded for July.

His last name is Underwood and the boys said he was always really nice.

That's the guy with the really high hair that looks like an architectural design. I always wonder how he gets his helmet on...and does it just spring back into place when he takes the helmet off. LOL

underwoodjpg-3fb3c7c9d2123db6.jpg

And while I'm posting, here is an article about him that I found when looking for the picture.
http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2012/01/nd_rutgers_grad_underwood_livi.html

Anyone have a standard view room that they've stayed in and loved?

Looking for an area to request, because I sure don't want to be looking at the concrete/pebble roof!

Thanks! :)

Anyone have a standard view room that they've stayed in and loved?

Looking for an area to request, because I sure don't want to be looking at the concrete/pebble roof!

Thanks! :)

I did! It was room 5670, and I really liked it because I could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and most of the MK Nightastic fireworks show from my balcony. The view of the room was blocked by a tree, but I had good views to the right and left of the trunk. The strait view would have looked out to the parking lot for the front entrance.

The room was club level, so it was high up. I don't know if rooms on lower floors at the resort would have similar views, and I'm also not sure if the rooms surrounding this have a similar fireworks view. Depending on how the room is situated, buildings might be in the way.

I wrote quite a bit about this room/view a few pages ago (maybe several pages).

Vicki - I'm soooo anxiously awaiting your Suite pics!!!

Lots of good health news on here over the last day or so, that's great!

Hello Paul, Pastina & Kids,

We did have a great time at Storm Along Bay! :banana::banana::banana: I hope the "skinny noodle cousins" we left with you, are behaving.
We would be glad to take you on a surrey cart, if we rent one again! Remember, we are the crazy family who wanted to see how many times we could pedal around in a half hour! You will have to hold on tight!!!!! I will keep my eyes closed if we go over to the Scary Clown slide!!!! I am too afraid to look at it!!!! :scared1:
Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Love,
BLTtinkerbell and family

Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't been over here as much as I have been hanging out on the Cruise threads. We can definitely work it out. I would hate to stand in the way of such am important reunion. :rotfl:

Natebenma - can you update the noodle swap. BLTtinkerbell - we can do the hand-off Sunday if that works for you. :goodvibes

I did! It was room 5670, and I really liked it because I could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and most of the MK Nightastic fireworks show from my balcony. The view of the room was blocked by a tree, but I had good views to the right and left of the trunk. The strait view would have looked out to the parking lot for the front entrance.

The room was club level, so it was high up. I don't know if rooms on lower floors at the resort would have similar views, and I'm also not sure if the rooms surrounding this have a similar fireworks view. Depending on how the room is situated, buildings might be in the way.

I wrote quite a bit about this room/view a few pages ago (maybe several pages).

Thanks for the answer. I actually went over to your TR and looked at the pics you had of the balcony view. I noticed though, that you stayed CL, and we are not. Are all the rooms on the fifth floor CL?

Are all the rooms on the fifth floor CL?

Yes, only CL on the fifth floor. There are deluxe roooms which give you CL access are located on Floors 1 - 4.

Sorry, never stayed BC so I can't give you a SL opinion from that perspective.

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I have a ton of photos and have barely looked at them yet. But, lucky for you ... my husband made a video!

You'll need to let it load a lot before letting it play - on my wireless, it kept stopping over and over. Maybe because it's in HD (although it doesn't look like it - LOL).

Anyway, without further delay, our upgrade:

Beach Club Newport Presidential Suite, January 2012

This is on our MobileMe page, so you shouldn't have to worry about clicking the link.
Don't mind my kids heads popping up all over the place, they were trying to help dad and stay out of the way - not too successfully!

Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't been over here as much as I have been hanging out on the Cruise threads. We can definitely work it out. I would hate to stand in the way of such am important reunion. :rotfl:

Thank you! :) You have made my family very happy! As it gets closer, we can work out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!