2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I have a ton of photos and have barely looked at them yet. But, lucky for you ... my husband made a video!

You'll need to let it load a lot before letting it play - on my wireless, it kept stopping over and over. Maybe because it's in HD (although it doesn't look like it - LOL).

Anyway, without further delay, our upgrade:

Beach Club Newport Presidential Suite, January 2012

This is on our MobileMe page, so you shouldn't have to worry about clicking the link.
Don't mind my kids heads popping up all over the place, they were trying to help dad and stay out of the way - not too successfully!

Uh that room is crazy!! Nice upgrade!!

~Nannette

:welcome:

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list for May. What are your specific dates?

If you want to play around and see some views, these two websites may help.

The first one lists room numbers. Unfortunately, the link is very old and the view categories and some of the other info is not totally accurate. The second link shows some views by room number.

www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

http://www.room77.com/hotels/orlando-hotels-orl/disney-s-beach-club-resort-216887

ETA: I just clicked on the room77 link and it wasn't working for the BC. The one I have for YC is working.

Try this- they will give you some YC water view examples. It looks like most of the rooms listed are club level, so a lot of the views are from the 5th floor.

http://www.room77.com/hotels/orlando-hotels-orl/disney-s-yacht-club-resort-216947

That sounds like an amazing lineup!

I have added you to the Be Our Guest and Noodle Swap lists.

Good luck with your decision! Let us know when you have narrowed down your dates and resort.

Thank you so much! This really helped! Here are my dates for May, May 5-13.

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I have a ton of photos and have barely looked at them yet. But, lucky for you ... my husband made a video!

You'll need to let it load a lot before letting it play - on my wireless, it kept stopping over and over. Maybe because it's in HD (although it doesn't look like it - LOL).

This is on our MobileMe page, so you shouldn't have to worry about clicking the link.
Don't mind my kids heads popping up all over the place, they were trying to help dad and stay out of the way - not too successfully!

Darn I don't have Quick Time on this PC to view it. This PC is old & slow, I can't download one more thing or DH says he's throwing it out the window!

Darn I don't have Quick Time on this PC to view it. This PC is old & slow, I can't download one more thing or DH says he's throwing it out the window!

Oh no - Tara! Do you have a phone you can view it on? He tried to put it on Facebook, but it got rejected - due to the music copyright stuff I think. I thought anyone could view anything on the MobileMe site, but I guess not.

I may post some photos sometime, but it probably won't be soon. I have to unpack the suitcases still, do laundry and start my taxes!

Oh, I do have some photos on Flickr - I forgot. I posted those right away - they are just from my phone.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59911532@N05/sets/72157629025756521/

Try that.

I can see the Flickr pics - yay! OMG that's huge! Had you booked CL - and is this considered CL? Lucky girl!

Oh, I do have some photos on Flickr - I forgot. I posted those right away - they are just from my phone.

Thanks for the photos. Can't get the other one to load as I don't have that Quick Time on my office PC. This was a really nice surprise I'm sure. I think I would have found excuses to keep going back up to the room. Forget the parks and SAB.

But, the question I really have to ask, did it have a phone book? If not, it would have been totally unacceptable!! And did you get new towel animals every day? If not, I would have demanded my money back becauise I am sure your kids were really disappointed!. At least you didn't have to stare at a deranged clown.

Dee (and all other Patriots Fans) -

Even though we are (GASP) rooting for the Giants here's an interesting tidbit. Two of my ds played high school football. A boy who played with them on their team (a superstar at that time) is now playing for the Patriots.
His last name is Underwood and the boys said he was always really nice.

Small world huh?

Thanks for sharing your connection to the Superbowl. That is really cool!

We are going to go into some major withdrawal when the football season is over. My son has the NFL network on all the time.

Wow what an amazing room upgrade. I wouldn't have wanted to have left there.

Natebenma - can you update the noodle swap. BLTtinkerbell - we can do the hand-off Sunday if that works for you. :goodvibes

Thank you! :) You have made my family very happy! As it gets closer, we can work out the details.

Thanks so much for working this out!

This is another example of what a truly great group we have here.:grouphug:

Thank you so much! This really helped! Here are my dates for May, May 5-13.

Added you to the list. :)

OMG the video was awesome!! Now that's an upgrade to beat all upgrades!! Love your taste in music too! :)

Did you actually leave the room??? Were you booked CL or deluxe originally?

Yeah Vicky!!!! So glad you got the upgrade. :) That is awesome! :) Love upgrade stories!!!:thumbsup2

To answer the above questions - yes, we were already staying club level. We were originally in the room next door until they upgraded us a few hours after we got there.

It was amazing - more than amazing! We did only get one towel animal, on our last day - wasn't really on my mind though, I didn't notice!

That is a club level room. For the nights we were there, the rack rate is about $1900. During the holidays, I think it's $2800/night. Crazy stuff, definitely. We made sure to tell our kids (about 100 times) that that would be the nicest room they would probably stay in in their entire lives - not sure all that sunk in, but we were all floored and so grateful to CM Neil for hooking us up. And all the rest of the staff was so nice as well.

And yes, we did actually go to the parks!

Sorry that you all can't see the video, I didn't even think about that compatibility thing. I thought Apple's latest software was supposed to take care of all those types of issues - I think that's what the advertising says!

Josh from easywdw wanted to know if we got upgraded after complaining about all the buildings being covered up in the Magic Kingdom - LOL - I told him it was my griping about no gelato in the Marketplace!

Our OKW 1 BR at Easter will not seem quite as great!

OMG!!! What an awesome upgrade. I can't view the video at work and not sure about our home laptop which has issues of its own, but the photos - amazing!!!

I would be freaking out because I'd feel like we just wouldn't have enough time to take full advantage of the room and then I'd be thinking go to the parks or stay in the room - go to the parks or stay in the room - back and forth. My head would be spinning.

Josh from easywdw wanted to know if we got upgraded after complaining about all the buildings being covered up in the Magic Kingdom - LOL - I told him it was my griping about no gelato in the Marketplace!

Thanks again for sharing your awesome upgrade with us!!!

I know that the gelato counter was removed a few years ago (before I ever stayed at the BC, so I'm glad I don't miss it).

Do they still have the prepackaged gelato in the freezer, or did you not notice? (I told someone recently they did, to alleviate a Dole Whip withdrawal issue)

And thanks for posting the picture of the Keurig, confirming that is the machine in the suites, instead of the Cuisinart pods in the other rooms. Weird.

And thanks for posting the picture of the Keurig, confirming that is the machine in the suites, instead of the Cuisinart pods in the other rooms. Weird.

This is dumb, but I didn't notice what kind of coffee maker was in the regular room before our upgrade! I kept thinking about it afterwards too, but forgot to ask the staff (really after the upgrade I was trying to be super model guest and not bug anyone for anything!).

As to the gelato, I didn't really check - it was just a joke since I know so many were disappointed by that issue! Sorry no intel on that front.

Wireless in the suite stunk, BTW - I don't think I said that yet. We had to tell our phones to forget the wireless network and just used 3G. It worked well in the lounge. They said they were going to put another repeater in the hallway to improve it, that it was still a work in progress. I've heard similar things from other resorts, so I think it's going to be one of those YMMV things, depending on where you room is.

This is dumb, but I didn't notice what kind of coffee maker was in the regular room before our upgrade! I kept thinking about it afterwards too, but forgot to ask the staff (really after the upgrade I was trying to be super model guest and not bug anyone for anything!).

As to the gelato, I didn't really check - it was just a joke since I know so many were disappointed by that issue! Sorry no intel on that front.

Wireless in the suite stunk, BTW - I don't think I said that yet. We had to tell our phones to forget the wireless network and just used 3G. It worked well in the lounge. They said they were going to put another repeater in the hallway to improve it, that it was still a work in progress. I've heard similar things from other resorts, so I think it's going to be one of those YMMV things, depending on where you room is.

They put you in a regular room first? Why did they upgrade you afterwards? Was something wrong with the first room?

They put you in a regular room first? Why did they upgrade you afterwards? Was something wrong with the first room?

Yes we were in a regular room first. And no there was nothing wrong with it, no complaints, didn't ask to be upgraded - nothing. Just pixie dust (although I referred to them as pixie boulders) a few hours after we checked in, they called and upgraded us.

Actually our first room (5647) was right next door to the suite, our balcony and the suite balcony on the SAB side were next to each other.

Yes we were in a regular room first. And no there was nothing wrong with it, no complaints, didn't ask to be upgraded - nothing. Just pixie dust (although I referred to them as pixie boulders) a few hours after we checked in, they called and upgraded us.

Actually our first room (5647) was right next door to the suite, our balcony and the suite balcony on the SAB side were next to each other.

Wow! I have never heard of it happening that way before. I wonder if you hadn't been in your room would they of moved onto another room? Did you ever see anyone in your original room while there? That would of been funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter